Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Once again.....PICKS!!!!

Originally posted by diospada:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by PowerTube:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by atomic charvel guy:
    if i could find 'em i would use the metal picks that dave ingram turned me onto.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you like them thin but stiff, you may also like the Pickboy Edge picks. Guitar Center used to sell these, but I *think* they've been discontinued. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I really liked those pickboy picks, do you know any places where I can get their stuff? online maybe?? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I got the couple I have from Rik's Music Center in Knoxville. He had several in a bin, but that was a while back.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by Luke:
      0.60 Dunlop Fins,
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So what advantages do these "fins" have?

Comment

I went from purple tortexs to the Ultex picks. Now I'm back to good ol' Fender heavys

Comment

I use 0.60 Orange Dunlop Tortexs, 0.60 Dunlop Fins, or Big Stubby 2.0mm. Yes, I know there's no correlation between the 0.60s and the Stubbys, but those are what I like to use. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I found that a few scrapes with a round bladed knife is enough to get quite a nice pointy bit. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Dunlop Tortex .60mm

Comment

I tried those Dava Control Picks for a while. After much picking, scratching, thinking, guitar restringing, and picks slipping I've decided that Dava Control Picks are the stupidest things ever created.

Comment

Dunlop Gator Grip 2.00mm

Comment

i also use jazz III's

and for those of you who find them slippery... i used to have this problem... not anymore

but i have tried using that rubber stuff that you can spray... felt like shit tho

but if you really want to make your pick non slipperier at all... buy some "orange hand cleaner" they sell it at auto and hardware stores to remove oil and dirt from your hands... andyways rub some on your pick and rub it in and wash it off... now your picks real dull and it will not slip

plus it helps with that anoyying lip hanging off most of the picks

Comment

Ninja,

I always say to each his own, but calling them stupid is not really fair. Picks are a very personal element for a guitarist, so everyone will have different preferences. They aim to provide you with multiple gauges in one pick, and when used correctly, are very effective at this. I almost don't like to use them, because I feel like I rely on them too much.

Rich

Comment

I meant that they're stupid in my opinion, which is not the opinion of everyone else. I know some people who love them, and that's great. People will figure out what works for them, and I'm cool with that. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

http://www.jimdunlop.com/site/produc...s_category.jpg

I use the black ones, 1.35MM I buy 4 bags of 72 at a time. I can't stand a pick once it's been used a little bit, and the point is not defined. I get the longest life out of these picks, the tip is easy to squeel with, and it's very accurate, and easier for me to get the right hand motion in sweeping with.

I've used everything from Quarters, to match books, to the end of a plastic spoon in a pinch, but I digress [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Michelle Branch's mouth would not open wide enough for something I have for her, but I'd settle for some licks.

Where do you get those Britney picks, I would actually order them and put them on a stand in my workshop, I bet some douche would buy them.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Luke:
                          0.60 Dunlop Fins,
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So what advantages do these "fins" have? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

I've just started using 'em, and although I dont use them much compared to 2mm Stubbys, they've got one really interestingly shaped point and a nice curved surface, and the top edge makes them comfy to hold. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Tortex Jazz

Comment

purple tortex jazz baby
                              "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Jim Dunlop USA Nylon 1mm

Comment

Working...
                                X