Once again.....PICKS!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Once again.....PICKS!!!!

I have been using the same stainless steel pick for 19-20 years [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I justed started using stainless steel picks myself. I had bunch made up for me(I have extras).They are the only picks I have been using since I got them.They are .040/1mm thick , you can not get a plastic pick this stiff and be this thin.
      Mike
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Well, I haven't read that anyone here uses Jackson picks. So, here you go!

Just like the guitars, they rock! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        Here is the part number for the green .88's, so you can go to your Jackson dealers and order them. Actually, you should tell them that they must carry them!
        Part # 298-7351-400
        Desc - JACKSON DEL GRN .88mm M/H 1GR

Brian

Comment

They aren't thick enough! The other day I realized how much I rely on my picks. I was setting up my friend's new Soloist, and I picked up one of his picks to play it for a little bit to check for some buzz. It was one of those little Dunlop Jazz IIIs like John Petrucci uses. God I hated it!! I figured out that I need a bigger standard sized pick because I like to hit hard, and I need them to be thick. I never thought of it before but...blah blah blah sorry for the long post.

Comment

I'm using the far best in my opinion !
            Jim Dunlop Jazz III

Comment

I only became aware that Jackson picks were available the other day when I saw a gross of them for sale on eBay.

I peronally use the medium Dunlop Tortex Jazz picks for electrics and a Fender medium for acoustic playing..
              Occupy JCF

Comment

I saw those too Tekky. Why would Jackson use that medieval term "gross" to say how many picks are in the package?

Comment

I use the Dunlop "purple" Gator grips. .96mm
                  Works for me [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm. (purple) And yes, I play out often, don't have any issues with them at all and I've tried a bunch. Going to be ordering some custom printed ones from SteveClayton.com, hopefully they are the same as the tortex.
                    Jackson USA GMG WR1
                    Jackson USA SW WR1

Comment

jazz II's until I can get my hand on jazz iii's.

Comment

I either use the Jazz III or the 2.0 Standard Shape pick.

I liked to find the Jazz III XL and try them. Anyone know of good places online for the Jazz III XL picks?

Thanks!

Comment

I use my fingers. I grew the nails out a little, and now, I essentially use 5 picks at once!!!!

If you want to open up your playing, take banjo lessons for a year, then some classical guitar.

You'll never play electric guitar the same way again!!!

Comment

I use the Dunlop .88mm on both electric and acoustic.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb:
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's all I use too. Experimented with different ones. But I always go back.

Comment

Originally posted by Creepy:
                                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by guitarsjb:
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's all I use too. Experimented with different ones. But I always go back. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's been my favorite pick for years! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I go back and forth between that and the Dunlop Gel picks (sometimes H, sometimes XH) and I sometimes use the 1.0mm Ultex, but the .96 Gator Grips I really seem to have a thing for. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X