Once again.....PICKS!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Once again.....PICKS!!!!

I go back and forth between the yellow, green, and blue tortex standards. The green one is the best one for me because it gives chords more strength and allows you to triple pick as fast as you need. It's a little hard to string skip with them at first but it's definitely doable.

Comment

how many of you dunlop lovin fools actually play out on a regular basis?
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel:
        how many of you dunlop lovin fools actually play out on a regular basis?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Aye

BTW, Kind Diamond= [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

clayton 1.52's wail the piss out of tortex picks , but that is only my preference.
          if i could find 'em i would use the metal picks that dave ingram turned me onto. they are thin in mass but stiff as hell. warren demartini used to use them as well. claytons are expensive but they are the best pick out there. try 'em out, they have them at guitar center in all sizes. trust me on this one.
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy:
            if i could find 'em i would use the metal picks that dave ingram turned me onto.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you like them thin but stiff, you may also like the Pickboy Edge picks. Guitar Center used to sell these, but I *think* they've been discontinued.
            Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube:
              Yeah, yeah, I know, we've discussed this a few times. It's been a while, so what are you currently using? I'm still with the Jim Dunlop Big Stubby in 2mm thickness:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I use the good old dunlop Gator grip 88mm [purple]I think but I use to use 1.04mm [forest green] dave still uses em , awesome picks , and then I shapen em on the carpet both sides to a point and your tone on any amp stands out brutal and nice for clean picking as well and artifical harmonics squeal nice and smooth , try it guys ! //Steve

Comment

...also as they wear out you can keep sharpening em and one pick will last ya for weeks if ya play 2 hours a day about , a bag lasts me over a year about . //Steve

Comment

...and ya want the point to be able to cut paper [no shitting] try it let me know what ya think . a buddy of mines band just got signed to Mavric records they are called stutterfly , I showed em that little trick and they went ape shit over it he couldn't believe how nice the tone of there guitars stood out . //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve:
                    I use the good old dunlop Gator grip 88mm [purple]I think
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Gator Grip purples are .96, that's what I primarily use. They don't come in .88, only the regular Tortex does (the green ones). The .88s are a little too thin for me and the .96 is the lightest I can use. Maybe I'll try sharpening them to see what they're like! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by atomic charvel guy:
                      if i could find 'em i would use the metal picks that dave ingram turned me onto.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you like them thin but stiff, you may also like the Pickboy Edge picks. Guitar Center used to sell these, but I *think* they've been discontinued. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I really liked those pickboy picks, do you know any places where I can get their stuff? online maybe??

Comment

I'm using Dava control picks.. Once I got used to them, there was no turning back. They are simply awesome.

rich

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Steve:
                          I use the good old dunlop Gator grip 88mm [purple]I think
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Gator Grip purples are .96, that's what I primarily use. They don't come in .88, only the regular Tortex does (the green ones). The .88s are a little too thin for me and the .96 is the lightest I can use. Maybe I'll try sharpening them to see what they're like! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah sorry I thought they were 88's for some reason [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] but I just bought some new ones today and yeah they were 96mm also I got some of the forest green ones I think they are 1.44mm the size of a quarter lol //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by deviltronix:
                            I'm using Dava control picks.. Once I got used to them, there was no turning back. They are simply awesome.

rich
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">are they those wierd ones that look like they are gonna fly away from ya [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] who makes em ? //Steve

Comment

Now THESE are what we want!
                              Straight from the flyin' fingers of the Shred Queen herself!
                              [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Comment

It took me about a week to get fully used to the Dava picks.. once I did there is no turning back. They are my favorite picks of all time.

Here is website for Dava Control Picks:

http://www.davapick.com/control.html

I like the Delrin Rock Control even better:

http://www.davapick.com/rock.html

Comment

Working...
                                X