X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Norton View Post
    You watched Rocky?
    umm, Rocky beat the shit out of meat to build character

this is what the best middle -distance runners do, 15 times up and down... straigth... no breaks.... very long stairs.... and it was only a one part of their training day

one of my best friends was the best runner in the country until he had a car accident and was in a coma.... anyway he said it burns fat like a motherfucker.

and it is tough as hell, I know what tough is, I was pretty fast and had a lot of endurance. I was in many long and middle distance competitions but I never practiced, because I didn't really liked running I pretty much ran with pain all the time because I allways had terrible cramps in my stomach. There were faster guys but I had a pretty awsome ending spurt because I could take the pain. It's pretty funny because I wasn't very good at 100m sprint. It's all about how much you can take it. When I was 15 I had to run 400m on the stadium to get a grade.... I didn't ran it at the right time so I had to do it in late fall, there was a shitty wheater, pretty cold, everything started to freeze, it was foggy and whatnot. Anyway I was there, wearing my big and heavy basketball sneakers, baggy jeans and big jacket. No warm-up. I ran the lap with 55 second. Pretty good I think, after I was done I allmost died.

All of it is nothing compared to running the stairs. It's the ultimate challange. I know some tubby dudes who could take the pain, they lost all their unwanted fat very quickly by running the stairs. It's hard but It's the best way.
    Last edited by Endrik; 03-26-2007, 12:25 PM.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• Until you drop dead. Just burn more calories than you consume. For an old fart like me a brisk walk is about all I can take and it better be on flat land.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

• Well,I live in a building which has 8 levels.So I have a lot of stairs to go up.Go me!
        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

• Played tennis with the girlie tonight for about 75 minutes. Kept the heart rate up most of the time. Also got some exercise before & after because the danged court was really far away from the parking lot!

(I carried a big tote bag and a metal ball cage)
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• I think it has more to do with changing eating habits for LIFE than crazy excersize regimes.IF you excersize like crazy but eat shit you wont get anywhere.However if you eat better you will lose weight whether you exercise or not.You are what you eat.

You need to radically change your intake.FAtness isnt a disease either-its a behavior.You dont see fat people in africa because they dont pound down junk food.

First you need to cut out all your sugar intake and mcdonalds.
            Any food taht comes in a box,can etc is garbage health wise loaded with sugar or salt or preservatives.

You have to find a real food store not a big supermarket because even most healthy foods in the supermarket are loaded with 30-40 grams of sugar per serving:orange juice,yogurt,peanut butter.Its pretty shocking.Sugar is to the supermarket/food industry what nicotine is to tobacco companies.
            When i quit eating boxes of cookies cold turkey I gained so much energy.I didnt ave to take naps all the time and i didnt need 8hrs sleep-i can get by with 5hrs now.

Replace all your sweet snacks with fruits.Eat lots of dark green salads.REplace your dishes with smaller ones.When you get a sugar craving eat an orange or apple...Drink lots of room temp water.
            I buy all my food at a local health food chain and the prices are cheaper than the supermarket plus they have real ready to go meal.

I guess you have to be motivated to change your eating choices but you will feel and look a lot better.Bottom line is you are what you eat.

For breakfast i eat quaker oatmeal(from that round tube container),boiled egg,apple,slice of wheat bread.

Comment

• I've already cut out a bunch of crap a long time ago and currently eat a lot of healthy stuff. Also, everybody's body is different, ie, the whole change what you eat without exercise = weight loss....that just doesn't work on me.

I AM going ahead with a steadily ramping exercise & weight-lifting regimen, as it works for me (I've done it before - did I tell you guys about my 10th year high school reunion? I think I did).
              Last edited by RacerX; 03-27-2007, 01:42 AM.

Comment

• Hey Ron are you listening to metal while practising? The only advice I can give you! That should help a lot
                Check my bands!
                www.myspace.com/magicktr
                www.myspace.com/sinif64
                www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

• I think you're doing it the right way, Ron. Cleaning up your diet and getting increasingly more active.

Anyone carrying a bit of weight should ease into the change, at least as far as exercise goes. Cut out all the crap food, establish healthy eating patterns. Tubbies barrelling up flights of stairs at pace are going to drop dead before they lose any weight. To go from 10-20-30 years of relative inactivity to suddenly putting that kind of strain on your heart will kill you. Besides, blasting the weight off by overdoing it isn't teaching you the lifestyle changes you need to make to maintain your shape once you've lost the weight. You should achieve your target and then continue to eat well and be active because that's how you live your life now, not stop because you've finally got to the end of the weight loss process.
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

• Ron, do some research on a product called 'Bio-Slim' from Pharma Nord in Denmark. I have been on it for a month. I tried all the terrible stuff that feels like amphetamines, etc. My appetite is down and I have to wear my trousers higher than I did a month before, or else the cuffs would be touching the ground. I have lost *that* much with no ill effects. The only physical activity I like, requires women, a dance floor or a bicycle. I hate sports and the gym. This product really works and there are no uncomfortable effects.

Burt

Comment

• Buy a bicycle and replace your car with it for all your short trips and errands ie :groceries,video store,post office.

You can also use it for going to the bar without getting busted for dui.

Comment

• I can use my car to get to a bar without getting busted for dui. It's the getting home that's the hard part.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by Inearthed View Post
                          I've been having some bad digestive problems the past few days.. It really sucks and it is fucking up my weight. If I can't successfully take a crap today then I'm going to the doctor tomorrow.
                          Well, did you poo?

Comment

• Latest update...
                            Per Ron's request.
                            5 months ago I was 230 lbs with a 38" waist.
                            Currently at 219 lbs and a 36" waist.

Been walking between 3 and 5 miles a day, depends on when I get home, and cut out snacking.
                            Having my Thyriod meds finally adjusted to the proper dose has REALLY helped a ton too.
                            -Rick

Comment

• Well im down to 246 as of about 2 weeks ago. So it's still comin off butnot as fast since i changed positions at work again. But im still tryin to drink lesds pop and drink more water and unsweetened iced tead. And watch the snacking and male portions. It's slow but its workin.

Comment

• Man I love ice tea but I don't know if I could drink it unsweetened!

Tonight I was gonna go to La Palma and walk the dogs but it got really windy so I stopped at Subway and had a tuna sandwich.

Comment

Working...
                                X