No announcement yet.

The RacerX weight loss thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron, you gotta work out for about 2 hours a session,three times a week. This will work fine,I think.
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

• Exercise programs have to be realistic and workable. The choice you make has to be something you can stay committed to. I dont know about Ron, but I can not consistantly allot 2 hours of a day to work out. I know this because I have tried it in the past and I couldnt keep the commitment. Try just doing 30 minutes a day everyday. Go for a quick walk, throw in some crunches, do some dumbell exercises. The best I way I have found to get this time in is to wake up a bit earlier.

Comment

• BUMP! Cool, I found it! Got lots of news to report!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• You know a thread is old when Fett is still on the current page.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            BUMP! Cool, I found it! Got lots of news to report!
            So spill it mang!
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

• I'm with you Ron.
              I'm at 165, and 6 ft. tall looking to trim UP a bit.
              Being scrawny is no fun either.

Comment

• Tip: Go for a good poo. If your toilet bowl looks like you've crammed it with mashed Dundee cake, you are on the right track.

(Or sweat your weight off by chasing a CallCentre Bitch round the room and bumming him remorselessly)
                So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

• I hope the update won't be Mankini shots...

Click image for larger version

Name:	borat-mankini-very-nice.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	2446101

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• 2/13/2008:
                    Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    I believe I am over 340 lbs currently.
                    In the spring of 2009 I suffered a total blowout of my ACL while playing basketball at work. MRI report actually contained the phrase "ACL totally obliterated" I opted for therapy over surgery, and by 2010 my knee was 97% recovered (OK I guess) but also unfortunately my weight was up to my maximum ever of 361 lbs! (Oofah). Also, doc said no more basketball.

BTW my height is 6'4"

Additionally around 2010 I was suffering with strange numbness in my feet. Had some tests done; turned out not only was I vitamin D deficient, I also had type 2 diabetes. My doc laid out what I had to look forward to if I didn't make changes: kidney damage, amputation, blindness, death. Yikes! He told me to continue regular exercise and make some big changes in my eating habits: No more white bread, rice, pasta, or potatoes (I love russet potatoes and had been eating large numbers of them for years). Also, I needed to eat more fruits and vegetables.

Thus educated, I put my new eating plan into action. Over the next 4 months I made vegetables my staple for lunches, salads for dinner. Breakfast was cold cereal with fruit. Results: I lost 33 lbs and beat the diabeetus. A1c went from 6.8 to 5.7, glucose went from 111 to 90. So we're at spring of 2011, about 325 # (still obese but getting healthier).

Comment

• Good job Ron.

Comment

• +1
                        "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

• fuck, i could use another 20lbs on me after this accident, i'm a rail right now.
                          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            In the spring of 2009 I suffered a total blowout of my ACL while playing basketball at work. MRI report actually contained the phrase "ACL totally obliterated" I opted for therapy over surgery, and by 2010 my knee was 97% recovered (OK I guess) but also unfortunately my weight was up to my maximum ever of 361 lbs! (Oofah). Also, doc said no more basketball.

BTW my height is 6'4"

Additionally around 2010 I was suffering with strange numbness in my feet. Had some tests done; turned out not only was I vitamin D deficient, I also had type 2 diabetes. My doc laid out what I had to look forward to if I didn't make changes: kidney damage, amputation, blindness, death. Yikes! He told me to continue regular exercise and make some big changes in my eating habits: No more white bread, rice, pasta, or potatoes (I love russet potatoes and had been eating large numbers of them for years). Also, I needed to eat more fruits and vegetables.

Thus educated, I put my new eating plan into action. Over the next 4 months I made vegetables my staple for lunches, salads for dinner. Breakfast was cold cereal with fruit. Results: I lost 33 lbs and beat the diabeetus. A1c went from 6.8 to 5.7, glucose went from 111 to 90. So we're at spring of 2011, about 325 # (still obese but getting healthier).
                            OK, another update: Summer 2011 - my company in its infinite wisdom had decided to get rid of the employee gym! (turning the building back into a showroom). I manage to sneak out 1 set of 25 lb dumbbells.

Fall 2011: My weight has gone back up again - to 350 # At this point I remember trying to find this thread because of all the good advice & links herein. Alas, I couldn't. Disgusted, I asked my doctor what he recommended. He told me to sign up for a weight loss class at the insurance company hospital in Long Beach. An 8 week class in which we would learn about food diaries, calorie counting, label-reading and actual content of common restaurant meals. We were to weigh in each week. Well I had a tough time with this class but I did manage to lose 10 lbs. So, down to about 340.

October: my good friend told me about the documentary "Fat Sick & Nearly Dead" - about an obese Australian businessman who began a cross country journey drinking nothing but a vegetable/fruit juice mixture. This documentary is very inspiring and you may remember it started the whole "juice fast" (fad?) last year.

View it on hulu:

FSND page: http://www.hulu.com/search?q=Fat%2C+...26+Nearly+Dead

Direct link: http://www.hulu.com/watch/289122

Over Thanksgiving I watched the whole thing on my laptop, and it inspired me. As I looked back on the year and recalled all my ups & downs, I really had to make a hard decision about my health. I continued to walk regularly, and I started to look at and reject a lot of packaged foods just by reading the labels. This is when I stopped buying Pop Tarts at the 99 Cents Only Store

I was facing the holiday season with trepidation. I knew I loved to eat, but I also knew I had to start shedding some weight and getting healthy - before it was too late.

Next update: To juice, or not to juice?

Comment

• What helped me to lose was walking everyday along with cutting down on portions and eating better foods and more veggies.
                              Drink lots of water instead of diet Pepsi all the time.
                              Never eat after 9:00 pm.
                              It took some time to start losing but once you change your eating habits combined with the walking it will come off.
                              My highest weight was 260 or so and that looked funny on a guy that is 5'7". Now I'm 154 lbs and holding just fine.
                              Tip: Doing the gym workouts like crunches/cardio/ weight lifting only makes you hungry at least it did me.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

• Great job Stray. I'm trying to do Atkins without the fatty meats and cheese. My high was 225 and I've just started moving the right direction, down about 10lbs so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X