The RacerX weight loss thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ozzuk1 View Post
    I swear the reason i've lsot so much weight is by eatinga good breakfast, it's been less normal lately though as I've had hectic recording days which have messed up my diet and stuff...

Though I dont think it's hurt me to eat a bowl of healthy cereal a day and drinking lots of water, thats pretty much all I drink now except when out for a meal or whatever...
    Breakfast with lots of good carb and protein is essential in waking up your metabolism after a long night's sleep, as well as provide you with the nutrients your body now needs.

I know guys who actually put their alarmclock at 4am, in the middle of their sleep to drink an extra proteinshake in the night. They then take two half hour to an hour naps during the day. Needless to say most of them are fucking HUGE.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

• There is this Kashi cereal I get at Costco that's call Go Lean Crunch that is high in protein. I eat that with soy milk.

I was around 195 and working out solidly when I had my car accident. After being on my back for over a month, when I finally weighed myself I was down to less than 170. I think it was a huge loss of muscle, but pants that didn't fit were fitting again.

I've been back to working out solid again (by solid, it means 4 days a week, 30 minutes on the stair climber at level 15, and 30 minute to 45 minute working back/biceps one day, shoulders one day, and chest/triceps one day). It's important to me to kick ass in my workouts, because I'm a freak now after my accident, and I'm determined to kick ass just because that's what I do.

I'm now up to 186. I'm hoping it's mostly muscle, but my pants are getting tight again. The workouts make me hungry. I usually eat seafood (for protein) and veggies, but my problem is I just eat too much. I need to eat small portions more often.

I have a gut that just won't go away, no matter how much I weigh.

Comment

• Blood pressure check last night: 114/74

Today at the gym: 35 minutes on stairclimber & treadmill

Free weight reps: biceps, triceps
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• Hang in there Ron and good luck! If you want or need some advice on exercise and nutrition I *highly* recommend the article archive here. Just mentally edit out their pimping of their products the information there is absolute gold, easily the best free info of its type on the 'net.
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

• Interesting article on the subject

Article Link

Comment

• You know what will be by the age of 15 or thereabouts. Your genes from all the family that you see in reunions is what you will be. I am tall and semi-thin. Both sides of my family are tall. I had 6'6" uncles on both sides that weighed over 300 pounds. My dad was 5'8". You can eat less and exercise more. But, just look at your family and figure (no pun intented) out where you fit in. Do all that stuff. But the bottom line is genes.
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

• Hmmm, well I screwed up during the holidays and now I have ballooned up again.

I take walks, but can't do that 3-4 times per week like I should.

Stay tuned!

Comment

• Just a minor set back. You can get back on track. If you cant schedule time just to walk try to park farther away in the parking lot at work or store. Take the stairs instead of an elevator. Good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    Hmmm, well I screwed up during the holidays and now I have ballooned up again.

I take walks, but can't do that 3-4 times per week like I should.

Stay tuned!
                    You're supposed to SHARE your birthday cake! :ROTF:
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

• I didnt this AM because I have a wicked sinus infection going, but I have been hitting the treadmill every morning. I do thirty minutes and I have a goal of hitting an hour of total work out time (cardio and weights) by the end of the month. You have to make the time and for me that is hard. I have a hard time falling asleep and tend to stay up late which makes getting up early a bitch. I have also been working on altering my diet. I have lowered my calorie intake and have increased how many times I eat a day. I try to eat something small every two hours. I havent weighed myself (it's only been three weeks) but I have more energy throughout the course of the day and feel alot better than I have.

Comment

• Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                        ...and i STILL don't put on any weight....

I blame Rsmacker and the welshman for that. You should ask them to go easy on you.
                        If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

• Says you sheep boy!
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

• Hey guys, I went to the company gym tonight! First time in months.

Did 37 minutes, stairstep & treadmill, then sauna time. I gotta keep this up & increase it. Will try to play (full court) basketball (at work) tomorrow. Shooting for 2x a week on the court.

I believe I am over 340 lbs currently.

Comment

• "I believe I am over 340 lbs currently."

Man, you must have been eating "pound" cake over the holidays! I recently tweaked my knee and the weather has been shit, so I've packed on about 20 unwanted pounds. Gotta get back in my routine, starting tonight.
                              "POOP"

Comment

• Having a cool van to drive I am no longer walking to the store. Oh well. But, I still only weigh about 280.
                                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                                X