No announcement yet.

The RacerX weight loss thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circular headbanging. It is like cardio for your head.

Comment

• Originally posted by fett View Post
      I wear 42x32-34 pants and a 2 XXLT shirt will work. But 3XXLT works better. I didn't say I was heavy, but I would trully like to have more muscle. But, I'm just too damn lazy so I lay off the stuff that will make me fat. Having said that, I am hooked on mixed-nuts. We have a Grocery Outlet store that has a 32oz can of MN's for $5.99. They are just great. It will be a sad day for me when they run out of them.
      Fett don't frett.. that's just the way vikings are built.

I am a liliputian by comparison.

Regradless, it's not about how big or small you are.....
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Thrust View Post
        Well, I'll add my progress as well:

August 2006--252lbs.
        March 14, 2007--180.5 lbs.
        AWESOME!

Are you following the Johnstone deal? I looked at that site, seemed to be mostly pics (that dude sure loved to post pics of himself!). Didn't look hard for a step-by-step plan....
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• 71.5 lb differance.. that's the wieght of a small child.

Or a conjoined twin.

Wow...congratz!!!
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            AWESOME!

Are you following the Johnstone deal? I looked at that site, seemed to be mostly pics (that dude sure loved to post pics of himself!). Didn't look hard for a step-by-step plan....

Thanks I actually use John Stone for reference for my "own thing." I basically just follow a similar diet to his (at least his earlier diets) and incorporate a weight program call "Big Boy Basics" (you can google it) and 6 day per week cardio. When I first started I thought that the majority of the fat loss was from the cardio session (and it may well have been). However, now I notice I usually don't drop any lbs. on the days I don't also incorporate the weight training. So, I tend to place most of my efforts into the weights and it's sort-of fun. I can do 30 pullups now whereas this time last year I probably would have struggle to get one.

You can certainly get lost in all the information regarding fat loss. As I progressed I began to learn what was working for "me" and stuck with that. When I start to see a slow-down in progress I change things up. Don't get lost in all the info. available. Find out what works for you.

That being said. I'm considering starting on the "Body For Life" 12-week program. I really like the ideas behind this program and it seems really well structured. If you're interested you can read the basic program outline here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_for_Life

Comment

• Body for life works. So does weight wtchers if you aren't a cheater. You only cheat yourself.

If you are a 'spec reader", quantitative person, which a lot of the technical people here are, weight watchers is relly good. It helps you realize just how much stuff you are consuming. For people that just wont/can't work in enough excercise, it really helps.

A coworker of mne shed a ton of weight and got very fit using body for life. that's a really great program.
              When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

• I'm on an all you can eat cheap steak diet. Those butchers are going to kill me. I just ate a $13 T-Bone that cost me $3. :ROTF: :ROTF:
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

• OK, time for some updates!

Blood Pressure update: When I got my pre-employment physical last month, my BP was 112/78! Wow, that surprised me, I had been getting readings from those crappy machines in stores that were much higher! My bp is way healthier than I thought!

Exercise update: OK, after I recovered from the bronchitis I was still walking the dogs every Friday, but now that I can use the company gym, I am slowly ramping up my workout plan there. The first full week of March, I went once...did 25 minutes on a stair stepper.
                  2nd week, I went twice...30 minutes on the stepper + easy intro on weight machines: 3 sets of preacher(?) curls (biceps) and 3 of quads.

This week it's Monday, Wednesday & Friday: 30 minutes on the stepper + 10 or 15 on the treadmill + short sets of biceps, quads, chest press, and leg curls. I'm starting off with laughably low weights on the machines, but I don't care...I'm usually the only one on the machines at that hour (5 - 7 PM)

I do pre & post stretching and am starting to go in the sauna for 10 minutes or so after the workouts. There's a big screen TV in the gym too (in the cardio section).

I don't seem to be losing much weight yet, but I am feeling that "high" -- I feel "pumped" the evening of each workout. The shipping manager at work is totally buffed out & he is encouraging me to eventually do cardio every day.

Also I'm trying to get 7 or 7.5 hours of sleep per night (tonight I won't make that).

Comment

• Sounds very good Ron, a setup like that has to be inspiring. I wish you luck!

Comment

• Thanks, John, I really appreciate that!

I only did 40 minutes of cardio tonight because I wanted to get home and try out my new 5150 head!

Comment

• 40 minutes of cardio is enough for one day
                        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

• Yeah, only 40 cardio? Slacker!!! hehe... J/K

How cool to have access to all that! I'm excited for ya! haha....

Congrats on the amp! Nice to see you escape the grip of Marshall... Moving on up man!

Keep an eye peeled for a matching cab man, I truly have to say, a Marshall cab (or any other for that matter, even MESA) doesn't do it justice. It's a big diff. Can use higher gain and resonance settings and still not mush or flub up with them.

Comment

• Yeah, I read about that in one of the 5150 threads last night

So far, it is sounding similar to my Marshall! I was expecting more gain!
                            Oh well, I guess I'll experiment with settings. I have some pedals I haven't used in a while, GE-7, NS-2, ART Extreme.

My cab is a Soldano w/ V30s.

Comment

• hey racer, i'm 31 and weigh only 7.5 stone. i eat tons of chocolate, drink 4 litres of diet coke. i smoke 20 a day and walk home for 45 mins every night. i also get to have my wicked way with a nice 23 year old girl at least once a week, eat crap food, stay up til 4am playing guitars ..... and i STILL don't put on any weight. hey, maybe that will make you more determined to lose weight!
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

• 7.5 of these weigh a lot. Speak American.
                                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                                X