No announcement yet.

The RacerX weight loss thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I started dieting for real last week and have already dropped 8 pounds. I hope I stick to it.
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

• I've been going to the fitness center for 3 weeks.I'm gaining muscles
      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

• I lost 18 lbs in two months..I cut out Coke..

That's it..I still eat the same..Pop really puts the weight on for me..

I just drink water or really weak, lightly sweetened iced tea..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• I'm 150 lbs aiming for 180 lbs ripped. I've been training for far too long to tell(and not be embarrassed) and I've gained about 15 pounds. Gaining these 15 pounds I've managed to fuck up my right shoulder and my lower back. All this at 19 years old.

Also, I'm fairly sure half of my gains are fat.

Anyways, keep in mind that some fat intake is essential for your body to function(hormone production etc), so don't cut it all out. But don't use that as an excuse to eat junk food.

Comment

• I just don't eat fast food; chips; or sugared fizzies (BBC rules ) I figure, I eat-drink about 1700 calories a day. Being 6'6", I have stablized at about 250lbs. That's only 105lbs more than I weighed in highschool.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

• Fett,I still wear the same blue jeans I wore in high school.Just 8 inches lower.................
              Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

• Hey Fett, 6'6" and 250 doesn't sound that heavy to me..I guess it's how you carry it..

I'm down to about 205 which is OK for me at 5' 8"..I go anywhere from 200-240..

I could tell whenever I'm reaching 240 because I "grunt" when I tie my shoes..so I back off when I start with the grunting.
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• I wear 42x32-34 pants and a 2 XXLT shirt will work. But 3XXLT works better. I didn't say I was heavy, but I would trully like to have more muscle. But, I'm just too damn lazy so I lay off the stuff that will make me fat. Having said that, I am hooked on mixed-nuts. We have a Grocery Outlet store that has a 32oz can of MN's for $5.99. They are just great. It will be a sad day for me when they run out of them.
                  Last edited by fett; 03-14-2007, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• I'm down to about 195 now. 5 meals a day, lifting three times a week, cardio pretty much every day. Down to medium or large shirts, 33 inch waist. Still weak as all hell on my lifts, but improving.

Comment

• Well, I'll add my progress as well:

August 2006--252lbs.
                      March 14, 2007--180.5 lbs.

I'm nearing the end of my cut and have started to develop some vascularity (veins showing in the forearms, etc). I expect to see my abs for the first time in MANY years within the next two months. I believe when I hit ~160lbs. I'll be around 9% bodyfat.

I've been weight training throughout my cut and have noticed slight improvements in strength but when I begin to "bulk" in late summer I expect to notice rapid gains in strength and muscle mass.

I'm happy

Comment

• Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                        Hey Ron, how's it going bro? Haven't heard anything in awhile.
                        Hi Jeri, Thanks for the bump! Well, as of March 1, I am a permanent employee of the company for which I was temping! Yay! Will get a pay raise too ...get my first check Tuesday....and awesome benefits!

Also, I now have access to the company gym...It mostly has free weights but also some weight machines...and a couple treadmills, stairclimbers & bicycle machines. I'll have to take pics in there pretty soon. Also, the gym is inside the company HQ (different building then where I work), BUT it is right on the way home, and is about 1 mile from my house!!!

Also not very crowded! I am STOKED!

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
                        I started dieting for real last week and have already dropped 8 pounds. I hope I stick to it.

Great job, dude! Keep it up!

Originally posted by fett View Post
                        I just don't eat fast food; chips; or sugared fizzies (BBC rules )
                        Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                        I drink a 6pack of Coke every day. I could tell whenever I'm reaching 240 because I "grunt" when I tie my shoes..so I back off when I start with the grunting.
                        [/quote]

Hey, you 2: I love Coke & sodas also, but early last year I made the decision to cut it out entirely! I started drinking a lot of iced tea and juices, which I really enjoy. I don't drink beer at all.
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• Congrats on the job situation there Ron. Sounds very cool. Bennies and a gym, awesome!

Comment

• I admire everything you are doing. But, no beer? I guess, I will just have to work a little harder.

Comment

• I do have a question, however. What do you do if you have a fat head?

Comment

• Originally posted by fett View Post
                                I do have a question, however. What do you do if you have a fat head?

you lift dumbells with your head.
                                I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Working...
                                X