The RacerX weight loss thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool!!
    Glad your epic quest against the overhang is going swimmingly!
    If a fat girl falls in the forest, and no one is there to see it, do the trees still laugh??

Comment

• Originally posted by Bandersnatch View Post
      Cool!!
      Glad your epic quest against the overhang is going swimmingly!
      Congrats..you know those 5 pounds ya lost??..

well I found 'em..

5 pounds closer to my goal of 450!!!

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        Man, nobody wondered about my gut for 3 weeks?

Well, here's an update: I lost 5 pounds over the holidays!

Cool, and I wasn't even trying hard. I've been taking 5 Cortislim caps a day, they seem to be curbing my appetite + helping me sleep better.

Good job!

Comment

• Hey Ron, just saw this thread, and I really commend your efforts.

I've battled with weight myself since highschool. In HS I was 240ish, then started working out and dropped to 185, and then met the woman of my dreams. Of course I got comfortable and ended up gaining 75 lbs in 4 years.

Being 5'8 I was looking pretty awful at 251lbs. Back around my 1st anniverssary I decided it was time to drop the weight. My goal is 75lbs in one year by dieting alone, and so far I've dropped 40lbs.

Portion control and counting calories combined with light exercise will probably help you reach your goal weight with the least amount of stress.

Someone earlier mentioned the facts about your body adjusting its metabolism to match a lower caloric intake. I have found that tracking and alternating how much you eat every day will combat this. For instance; I start to gain weight when I eat more than 1800 calories. So one day I eat 1000 calories and then next I eat 1500 calories. Its not an exact science, but it works for me, and I've been pretty successful so far.

Good luck man,

Steve
          Guitars:
          '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
          '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
          '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
          Amp:
          VOX AD30VT

Comment

• Originally posted by UFORocks View Post
            I have found that tracking and alternating how much you eat every day will combat this. For instance; I start to gain weight when I eat more than 1800 calories. So one day I eat 1000 calories and then next I eat 1500 calories. Its not an exact science, but it works for me, and I've been pretty successful so far.

Good luck man,

Steve
            That is a GREAT Idea! Thanks!

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• Stop messing around get a suction.
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

• i lost 30 pound (250 to 220) without doing a thing since last april. what happen was i went on a grave yard shift (8pm to 5am). i'd eat dinner at 1am and that would be it unitl i got up @ 3pm. i didn't think much of it until i just saw a show on tv how some chick lost weight because she reversed her eating. she had dinner in the morning which was the biggest meal and at night she had a light breakfest for dinner. she lost 80 ish pounds doing this.
                i really almost stopped drinking. not much to party about when you get home 6am, and i couldn't drink before work, so you end up going dry for the most part. take the good with the bad i guess...
                ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

• Originally posted by UFORocks View Post
                  Hey Ron, just saw this thread, and I really commend your efforts.

I've battled with weight myself since highschool. In HS I was 240ish, then started working out and dropped to 185, and then met the woman of my dreams. Of course I got comfortable and ended up gaining 75 lbs in 4 years.

Being 5'8 I was looking pretty awful at 251lbs. Back around my 1st anniverssary I decided it was time to drop the weight. My goal is 75lbs in one year by dieting alone, and so far I've dropped 40lbs.

Portion control and counting calories combined with light exercise will probably help you reach your goal weight with the least amount of stress.

Someone earlier mentioned the facts about your body adjusting its metabolism to match a lower caloric intake. I have found that tracking and alternating how much you eat every day will combat this. For instance; I start to gain weight when I eat more than 1800 calories. So one day I eat 1000 calories and then next I eat 1500 calories. Its not an exact science, but it works for me, and I've been pretty successful so far.

Good luck man,

Steve

Dude, you big boy like me..

I'm at a cozy 230 now..I can still tie my shoes without grunting..so I'm good.

I usually starting "grunting" around 235-240..

That's when I'll knock off the soda..I'll lose 10 lbs in a couple weeks just knocking off with the pop..

Right now I drink a 6 pack of Coke a day..everday!!

I don't really look "fat"..I carry my weight pretty good..I'm kinda fat...but not really..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• diet coke is my addiction.
                    ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

• Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL View Post
                      diet coke is my addiction.

My wife buys Coke zero for my son..because Vinny doesn't need any caffiene..

I can't drink it..I go in spurts with pop..if I feel the need to drop weight..I just go from Coke to Spring Water..

I could never get used to diet pop..I never dld..so it was always on or off..more on than off.

Comment

• Ah, just stop eating for a few weeks. Pretend you are in a cell on a hunger strike protesting about NOOBS.

Comment

• Originally posted by fett View Post
                          Ah, just stop eating for a few weeks. Pretend you are in a cell on a hunger strike protesting about NOOBS.
                          Oddly..without trying, I always seem to lose 20+ pounds during the Winter and gain it back in the Summer..that's always been my case..without reason.

Comment

• Can we get back to the subject at hand, mainly, me?
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• OK, Ron. If you would lose about 20 pounds of Ego and lay of the EGGO, you would be the slim-trim mulleted guy with sissy boots and guns again. I'm sorry, it's all in fun.

Comment

• Oh yeah Ron, fine..it's always about YOU...geez...oh, wait..this is about you huh?? :ROTF: Sorry just being goofy.
                                I'm proud of you man, keep up the good work. Are you still walking a lot?? How are you feeling now with some weight loss? Can you tell the difference as far as energy etc goes?

Comment

Working...
                                X