Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron,

If you haven't already, you should join the forums at Bodybuilding.com:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/index.php?

Everyone there will not only keep you motivated, but they'll also offer some great advice.

Good luck, Bro.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

• Ron ya got me thinking bro and since I last posted here, I started to watch what I eat.
      I've also been doing a lot of manual labor in remodeling my house as well, so between eating better and the house work, I'm now at 224 lbs... down from 230 almost two weeks ago. 6 lbs in nearly two weeks ain't to shabby.
      I check my weight every morning at the same time. Your body weight varies throughout the day, so to get a good read, my docs says to do it once a day (when you wake up is best) to track the loss/gain accurately.
      I just had a complete physical, first one in way too many years, and my blood pressure, glucose and cholestoral levels were all good.
      I did find out that my Thyroid was no longer functioning, so I'm now doomed to a life of meds to correct that.
      But I can think of far worse things, so it isn't all that bad.
      Now if I can just stay away from the egg nog this season. Nothing like drinking 2000 calories in one sitting. I love that stuff.

Keep up the work.
      -Rick

Comment

• Originally posted by Thrust View Post
        New personal "low" this morning

Was 252lbs. in July.
        Great work!

Comment

• 229 today..one pound at a time man..baby steps for me..

One day I will reach my goal of 450!!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• hey matt which one are you supposed to do or just do all of them
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

• Originally posted by kelly user View Post
              hey matt which one are you supposed to do or just do all of them
              Do 'em all..why not..

life is short..
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• What's the word Ron?

I did my first real gym workout last night and I'm all sore-ish on my upper body.. But it feels good. Looking forward to getting back into the swing of things! In fact I might go after work here to go do a bit of treadmill jogging or something for a bit.

Comment

• Just checking in here.....Ron, are ya skinny yet?
                  My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

• Aw, man, thanks for asking. I was scheduled to play tennis on the weekend, but my flaky friend cancelled. He said "Wednesday" Then I flaked out on my own workout because I was miffed. I walked a little on Tuesday, looking forward to a great workout last night. Well, guess what...the A hole flaked again! I was pissed and didn't call him back...I'm getting tired of hearing that "maybe". I think he got the message because tonight he left a VM and sounded real definite about Sunday (he has to work Saturdays this month).

So, basically, I guess I backslid. I don't think I have lost much weight yet...I weighed myself today on an industrial type scale at work, but I don't think it was that accurate. If it is, then I am gonna be REALLY depressed!
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• Get yer ass in there yourself slacker! GO GO GO GO GO!
                      1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

• Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                        So, basically, I guess I backslid. I don't think I have lost much weight yet...I weighed myself today on an industrial type scale at work, but I don't think it was that accurate. If it is, then I am gonna be REALLY depressed!
                        Well, keep at it man!

I just got back from the gym. Did 45 minutes on the Elliptical and got almost completely through the Ihsahn solo album.

Comment

• Ron, you can hit a ball against a wall, or simply do cardio at the gym and won't need a spotter. You would want low resistance and high reps anyway. Remember to weigh yourself in the morning, as well as just before you go to sleep.

Or, you can ride the snake...

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Kabong View Post
                            Ron, you can hit a ball against a wall, You would want low resistance and high reps anyway.
                            Yep, I do this, at the handball courts; it's good practice for my swings & serves...but... the hb courts are not well lit + lots of gangbangers hanging around + it gets boring fast.

Originally posted by El_Kabong View Post
                            or simply do cardio at the gym. ... Remember to weigh yourself in the morning, as well as just before you go to sleep.
                            Can't afford a gym...or an accurate scale.

Originally posted by El_Kabong View Post
                            Or, you can ride the snake...
                            What?
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• Hey RacerX,
                              I have lost 30 pounds in the last 100 days -
                              I broke my leg and lost it the first month??? must be pain related or maybe I just could not get to the fridge. Anyway I have been keeping it off and losing more little by little - and I can only walk with a cane - stationary bike is my trick - watch a dvd and ride it till I get tired the do it again - I stay away from sugar, bagles and white bread I eat a small breakfest, have salads for lunch and half the dinner I use to. Still losing it - but it's tough.
                              I was 6'-1" and 280 pounds currently 248 pounds and counting down.

Good luck and keep it up - takes time

Comment

• Re: "Ride the Snake"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pzuEg6NjYU

LMAO
                                |My CSG gallery|
                                (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Working...
                                X