The RacerX weight loss thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7.5 stone = 105 pounds .

I just can't believe that wilkinsi posted a POSITIVE non-whining post!
    Go you!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• Originally posted by RacerX View Post
      OK, time for some updates!

Blood Pressure update: When I got my pre-employment physical last month, my BP was 112/78! Wow, that surprised me, I had been getting readings from those crappy machines in stores that were much higher! My bp is way healthier than I thought!

Exercise update: OK, after I recovered from the bronchitis I was still walking the dogs every Friday, but now that I can use the company gym, I am slowly ramping up my workout plan there. The first full week of March, I went once...did 25 minutes on a stair stepper.
      2nd week, I went twice...30 minutes on the stepper + easy intro on weight machines: 3 sets of preacher(?) curls (biceps) and 3 of quads.

This week it's Monday, Wednesday & Friday: 30 minutes on the stepper + 10 or 15 on the treadmill + short sets of biceps, quads, chest press, and leg curls. I'm starting off with laughably low weights on the machines, but I don't care...I'm usually the only one on the machines at that hour (5 - 7 PM)

I do pre & post stretching and am starting to go in the sauna for 10 minutes or so after the workouts. There's a big screen TV in the gym too (in the cardio section).

I don't seem to be losing much weight yet, but I am feeling that "high" -- I feel "pumped" the evening of each workout. The shipping manager at work is totally buffed out & he is encouraging me to eventually do cardio every day.

Also I'm trying to get 7 or 7.5 hours of sleep per night (tonight I won't make that).
      Thats awesome man. Remember all that lifting is going to increase your muscle mass, which does weigh more than fat. So dont get discouraged if you dont lose weight right away, or even if you put a few pounds on.
      Guitars:
      '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
      '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
      '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
      Amp:
      VOX AD30VT

Comment

7.5 stone = 105 pounds .

Go you!
        :ROTF:
        Guitars:
        '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
        '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
        '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
        Amp:
        VOX AD30VT

Comment

• Originally posted by UFORocks View Post
          Thats awesome man. Remember all that lifting is going to increase your muscle mass, which does weigh more than fat. So dont get discouraged if you dont lose weight right away, or even if you put a few pounds on.
          I knew that muscle weighs more than fat, but if lifting low weights, will that still increase muscle mass? I don't know if I should be doing
          low weight/high reps
          or
          higher weight/low reps

?

I want to get rid of my belly (that's where all my fat is), really don't care how much I weigh at this point. Eventually I want to lose 50 - 80 pounds.

Comment

7.5 stone = 105 pounds .

Go you!

I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

• 105 pounds.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

• Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                105 pounds.
                That's about $205US. Would you start speaking english.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

7.5 stone = 105 pounds .

Go you!
                  so you're not jealous then?
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

• It's all in the genes. That really big guy is my first cousin on my mom's side. The skinny guy is me.:ROTF: That photo was taken 30+ years ago.
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

• There's something on your head,in the picture.Is it hair? :ROTF:
                      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I knew that muscle weighs more than fat, but if lifting low weights, will that still increase muscle mass? I don't know if I should be doing
                        low weight/high reps
                        or
                        higher weight/low reps

?

I want to get rid of my belly (that's where all my fat is), really don't care how much I weigh at this point. Eventually I want to lose 50 - 80 pounds.
                        Just lifting weights without a proper musclebuilding diet won't add muscles to your frame. In addition to that, adding musclemass while trying to aggressively lose bodyfat ain't gonna work too well. So don't worry bout that.
                        You can't lose fat at just one place, but doing cardio and eating properly will decrease your overall bodyfat. When you start losing fat it'll mostly be visible on your face/hands. Then you know its working.

Edit: To answer your question, doing low reps/high weight will get you stronger(who doesn't want that), doing high reps/low weight will add to muscle endurance. Doesn't really matter which you do as long as you just do it
                        Last edited by Thoraby; 03-24-2007, 03:24 PM.

Comment

so you're not jealous then?
                          Well, let's see....

hey racer, i'm 31 and weigh only 7.5 stone.
                          I'm 6'4" and weigh 325 pounds. I'm used to having people get out of my way, not being blown around by small gusts of wind.

i eat tons of chocolate,
                          Yum!

drink 4 litres of diet coke.
                          Yeccchhhh!

i smoke 20 a day
                          Double Yeccchhhh! So your bird likes to lick ashtrays, huh? I bet your teeth are atrocious...oh wait, you're British

and walk home for 45 mins every night.
                          Yep, I do that amount of cardio, except I don't get anywhere, unless my car's in the shop.

i also get to have my wicked way with a nice 23 year old girl at least once a week,
                          Well that would be cool...I have a date with a 23 year old gal on Monday...

eat crap food, stay up til 4am playing guitars .....
                          I do that too!

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                          Nottingham, UK
                          Orange County, California

RacerX for teh win! :ROTF:

Comment

• Pop is the worse thing to drink if you want to loose weight...Even diet. Just say NO!

WATER! You will gain water weight at the beginning but once your body adapts you will loose a lot of that...Then your body will process food much better. Don't drink when you eat. It inhibits your digestive system from digesting properly.

Like Thoraby said...Just do it. Adding muscle take a lot of training and lot of protein...

There is no way around it…You have to get rid of fat and sugar as much as you can…Consistent cardio workouts. It will get easier…Really!

I just bought a Infrared 2 person sauna…Awesome investment!

If I just repeated a bunch of stuff already said…Sorry. I am NOT going through this whole damn thread!

Gotta go to the gym now and get this extra 10lbs off me!
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

• I was trying to help encourage you, but...

Originally posted by RacerX View Post

I'm 6'4" and weigh 325 pounds. I'm used to having people get out of my way, not being blown around by small gusts of wind.

I don't have that problem. People always move out of my way or I barge my way through people. i don't get stuck in double doors either.

Double Yeccchhhh! So your bird likes to lick ashtrays, huh? I bet your teeth are atrocious...oh wait, you're British

My girl loves it. She smokes too, and doesn't have to lift up my belly to find my cock either . I don't do animals, nor do I refer to my girl as a "Bird". And I'm not ashamed to be British, because I wasn't even born in this country, bonehead!

Yep, I do that amount of cardio, except I don't get anywhere, unless my car's in the shop.

You're crane-lifted out of bed?

Well that would be cool...I have a date with a 23 year old gal on Monday...

Sandy the prison bitch? Or are YOU the bitch? (see your photo)

RacerX for teh win! :ROTF:
                              . Ah, Mr. Smart Arse makes spelling errors too.. .... Americans have their own faults too.
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I was trying to help encourage you, but...

. Ah, Mr. Smart Arse makes spelling errors too.. .... Americans have their own faults too.
                                yea, San Andreas.

but he can respond with a multi-quote post and keep it legible too....
                                Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                                X