No announcement yet.

The RacerX weight loss thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron. You owe us. I think you can't keep it up and have fallen into a vat of fat.:ROTF: :ROTF:
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

• Car is in the shop

I am walking to work til it's fixed

3.5 mile round trip

still eating salads for dinner but processed microwave stuff for lunch
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        Car is in the shop

3.5 mile round trip

Throw some meat in there or you'll end up losing your muscle!!

Comment

Car is in the shop

3.5 mile round trip

Kardes, what happened to your car? You didn't tell me about that..

But whatever happened to it, it's now serving a good purpose, a 3.5 miles walk will sure help lose some weight!
          Check my bands!
          www.myspace.com/magicktr
          www.myspace.com/sinif64
          www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

• Bar-S Hotdog!!!!! , Ron is back. Man, I missed him. Aw, beans.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

• Hey Ron. This is a great thread. You inspired me You are doing friggin awesome. I read some of the thread and decided I needed to do this too. So, A few weeks ago I started eating salads for lunch,egg whites for breakfast, and lean meats and stuff too. I am staying away from sweets and processed carbs. I lost a few inches in my waist and I am hoping to get to 160 again. I was just hitting 200 and I am down a few pounds but I have begun to look thinner in my face, chest and waist. keep up the good work man and thanks for the inspiration.

Chris

Comment

• I'm with ya Ron.. I'm 6'1, 295 pounds and a couple weeks from 50 years old.. Doctor told me to lose 40 pounds I told her 30 and she replied 50 D'OH... So I am doing mostly the eat right thing at this point.. We started a pool at work $100 each (8 of us all over weight) and the winner takes all after two months - most weight percentage.. This is a bit of a motivator-- but your thread also inspires me.. I walk miles and do a 100 stairs a day and do the stationary bike - but my leg is still in rehab from breaking it... I carry my weight at my belly also and it has to go... THANKS RON AND KEEP IT UP

CHEERS

Last edited by Hossman; 07-06-2007, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• Keep strong guys! You CAN do this!
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

• Ron,
                    How has the weight Loss been going ? Are you a lean, mean fighting machine or what ? Isn't the class reunion coming up ?
                    Horse

Comment

• Hey guys, last month I wasn't seeing much loss results...probably was working with the weights too much (muscle weighs more than fat)...and lately my car has been in & out of the shop so I've been walking to work every day, but not getting to the gym. Haven't weighed myself lately, but unfortunately my stomach is still very large

Comment

• OK, I just got back from a 2.67 mile walk (I actually jogged during the first part so I could get to my bank before it closed. I got there at 2:00:40 and the gal was just locking up when I ran up all panting & sweating. She let me in cuz she knows me )

Also went to the same Target where I get my blood pressure checked. Today it averaged 120/66 !!! Much lower than it used to be, for those of you following this thread.

Comment

• Great news Bill!

Remember to have one 'cheat' day every 5 days to a week. This'll keep your body's metabolism up, avoiding 'starvation mode'.

Keep high on the protein uptake and keep doing cardio (walking/cycling/...) + weightlifting to keep your muscles from degrading. LAST thing you want is for your muscles to go (which is usually the first thing to happen when people diet without knowing ANYTHING about how the body works).

After reaching your goal weight, you'll have to keep training to sculpt your upperbody a little, but you'll have MIGHTY & LARGE calves. That's the great bonus heavy guys get after losing weight.
                          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

• you are an inspiration to me ron, im 5'6" and weighted 170, a little chubby, so i started running and playing tennis. i'm skinnier from my face, but for some god forsaken reason, i weight 190. i can move and run faster. WTF. i'm gonna start a lower calorie, no sugary drinks diet. ALL WATER FOR ME BABY. But i have a high addiction to kool-aid, i just can't stop!!!!
                            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

• Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
                              Great news Bill!
                              Uh, thanks, Randy! :ROTF:

Comment

OK, I just got back from a 2.67 mile walk (I actually jogged during the first part so I could get to my bank before it closed. I got there at 2:00:40 and the gal was just locking up when I ran up all panting & sweating. She let me in cuz she knows me )

Also went to the same Target where I get my blood pressure checked. Today it averaged 120/66 !!! Much lower than it used to be, for those of you following this thread.
                                My mom is having blood pressure problems recently and getting your blood pressure checked regularly is something really good Ron and 120/66 sounds great

One more thingy, next time you're going to a bank try to leave the house 10 minutes early
                                Check my bands!
                                www.myspace.com/magicktr
                                www.myspace.com/sinif64
                                www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Working...
                                X