Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're tall bro. I think you at 265-275 is where you're at. you're like 6'6

I'm 6'3 and I feel good at this weight maybe 5lbs more
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

• Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
      Ok Ron so how much weight did you lose after not sitting down for 12 hours and being up for 21 hours? Or did you put on some weight because of all the crap you ate during the day?
      Heh, OK, Berkay is referring to the weekend where my co-workers and I had to come in and do inventory (worked 10 hours on a Friday, then came in at 6 am Saturday and worked 12). They fed us absolute crap! (doughnuts, Domino's pizza, sodas) I tried to keep that to a minimum, and I think I did bring in my own food Friday. For lunch on that Saturday, we did have sub sandwiches, so I had a chicken W/ avocado sub.

Originally posted by fett View Post
      Just a question. How the hell did you get to 300+ pounds? I'm not being glib. I just can't figure out (no pun intended) how that could happen.
      Remember I'm 6'4" In the most of the 1990s I ranged between 220 & 260 lbs. For my high school reunion, though, I got really motivated and followed a gym exercise routine similar to what I'm doing now, which took me from 262 to 191 in about 8 months. I got a hot girlfriend after that (one of the aerobics instructors at the gym), she moved in and started cooking (heh). Over the next 5 years both our weights went slowly but steadily upwards. After we broke up (unrelated reasons) my weight slowly but surely continued to creep up, yes past 262 (like what happens with a lot of folks).
      A few years ago, I was running my own business which was very stressful and I think I got up to 345#. I remember having to buy 48 waist jeans on eBay - that sucked!

Originally posted by fett View Post
      Just eat your veggies and take a 3 pound dump every day at 6AM like I do. Then you can go all day not being full of shit.
      It's 1 BM per meal or more. I am going 2 - 4 times per day, that's healthy.
      Better if they float, better if they are large
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        I WILL look like this again:

Intentionally?!?!?

:ROTF: :ROTF:

Sorry Ron, couldn't help myself!
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

• You know YOU, Cleveland John, and kellyuser ALL want me!!

Comment

• You looked like you belonged in Amon Amarth or something.
            My Main Rig:
            '87 Charvel Model 4A
            Peavey KB100 amp
            Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
            '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
            '05 Ibanez RG320FM
            '86 Ovation Pinnacle
            '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
            '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

• Ron,

when you lose your weight,and grow your hair,

call Nicole Kidman
              I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

• Originally posted by Norton View Post
                call Nicole Kidman
                Well I know Ron's reply to this;

Eh, too skinny..

Check my bands!
                www.myspace.com/magicktr
                www.myspace.com/sinif64
                www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  You looked like you belonged in Amon Amarth or something.
                  Yeah! I'll take that as a compliment!! AA Rocks!

Comment

Yeah! I'll take that as a compliment!! AA Rocks!

I don't think that picture looks like someone from Amon Amarth but it sure looks metal!
                    Check my bands!
                    www.myspace.com/magicktr
                    www.myspace.com/sinif64
                    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

• Originally posted by horns666 View Post

I'm down to about 208 now..it was all that Coke..pop will bloat your ass in no time..
                      Too true. Back in high school I weighed about 92kg because all I used to drink was soft drink. I hardly ever drank water. I went on a ketogenic diet for 3 weeks, lost 17kg's, and the only difference I made to my lifestyle to keep the weight off was stop drinking soft drink. That was about 3-4 years ago now.

I have the opposite problem now. The way my lifestyle is I don't eat enough. It's impossible to put on weight. I weigh 72kg at 6'2".

Comment

You know YOU, Cleveland John, and kellyuser ALL want me!!
                        STILL SAY YOU LOOK LIKE A CHILD MOLESTER!!!!!:ROTF: good work though, my body sucks durning the summer and springs months im slender but like a bear i plump up in the winter.
                        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

• Here's Ron on his date. He's the one on the left.
                          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

• OK, guys, I had a great week...here's the update:

Friday April 27: Full workout: Went to the gym directly after work. Only 4 guys in the place. Did my pre-workout stretches (very important), then started my cardio routine:
                            30 minutes on the stairmaster (the display at the end says I burn around 400 calories) followed immediately by 15 minutes on the treadmill. There's a big screen TV right in front of the cardio machines; I usually watch King of the Hill and The Simpsons.
                            Total straight cardio time: 45 minutes

Then I did my strength/weight routine: 3 sets of 10 on machines:
                            -preacher curl
                            -quad extension
                            -chest & tri fly
                            -leg curl

I also experimented with 25 & 30 pound dumbbells for curling, cutting small reps in.

Strength training time: about 30 minutes

Post stretching

Shower time! Then 10 minutes in the sauna. Shower again.

I felt great! I don't know what it is, "the pump" or "adrenaline", that high you get from a good workout, but I was feeling it! I remember feeling very alive!

Comment

• Sounds like you are over the "hump"...That’s great! Keep it going Ron...If ya do loose it, you just have to start over again ...I do at least once a year.

Once you get those muscles used to the motions you will find your Strength increase dramatically.

The sauna and all that stuff helps you recover and just feel good…That’s why I dropped $2000 on a personal one.

I find doing cardio after the weight training better for me...Just a thought, if ya ever feel like changing it up.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

• Originally posted by sevser View Post
                                I find doing cardio after the weight training better for me...Just a thought, if ya ever feel like changing it up.
                                OK, interesting...I'll keep that in mind! I know not to get stuck in a routine, whether it's form, exercise or order.

OK, continuing with my Week of Workouts!

Saturday April 28: rested

Sunday April 29: Played tennis from about 9:15 AM - 11:15 AM at a local park with my friend/instructor Clyde. Well, we didn't play an actual game, but we hit it back & forth, practicing our swings. My endurance during tennis is awesome, I only rested once, for about 5 minutes. Got a good sweat going the rest of the time. Drove home & showered.

Monday April 30: Same as Friday: At gym after work for full workout; 4 guys & a gal there when I started; none left when I finished. Extended time on treadmill to 18 minutes for a total of 48 minutes straight cardio. Replaced one set of preacher curl machine with barbell concentration curl set on each arm. I cut out the calf machine. 15 minutes in sauna. Tried weighing myself on the old (slider/ weight balance type) scale. It was fluctuating between 312 - 328, blah.

Tuesday May 1: rested

Wednesday May 2: After work tennis date w/ Lorraine, the 23 year old co-worker who is also starting an exercise routine this spring. I actually talked her into playing for 90 minutes! Local tennis center at a large regional park in the area.
                                Bonus: She invited her cute friend Claudia, so it was a "tennis a trois"
                                I got there at 5:50 PM to do pre-stretching and grab a court. Lorraine got there a little after 6 and we started batting it around. Claudia showed up about 10 minutes later. We played 2 against one until one of the girls would tire, Claudia only lasted 30 minutes. Lorraine was a trooper though; we played for a total of 90 minutes exactly. We both got a good sweat but I played straight through and I'm pretty sure I kept my heart rate in the target zone the whole time.

Thursday May 3: rested by trying out my just-arrived Washburn 7 string!

Tonight, Friday May 4: Did some errands right after work, so I got to the gym at 6:25 PM for my full workout. Only 1 guy there, and he was just leaving. Apparently I'm such a regular now - that the dude saw me and said "Hey, you're a little late today! "
                                So when he left I had my own private gym all to myself!
                                I figured as much when I was able to park my car right by the entrance door. Sweet.
                                Did 30 minutes on stairstepper and 20 minutes on treadmill.
                                Eventually I want to get to 60 minutes of cardio 5 days a week, then maybe every day. I'm pretty close to that already if you include all the tennis.
                                Did my 3 machines, and am working in more free weights in between (sets of 25# & 30# concentration curls and 30# tricep drops).
                                Did 25 relaxing minutes in the sauna.
                                Oh yeah, one more luxury touch I haven't mentioned yet: One of the showers has a flip down bench you can sit down on while you shower your lazy ass! :ROTF:

So, this has been quite the "action-packed" week for me! That's 5 days of exercise out of the last 8! You can see I've increased my cardio steadily and am allowing days of rest between strength training.
                                Last edited by RacerX; 05-05-2007, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X