Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I got to watch a BoSox game last night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soloist1
    Never heard of them. Just Milky and Cano. Milky has some nerve learning to catch. Us Sox fans were counting on him giving up another in the park home run this year. Of coarse it will have to be someone other than DonF's favorite Sox player that does it this time. Maybe Mirabelli.

Hey, hey, wait a minute. I said Mirabella would play a part in last nights game, though I didn't predict he would jump out in front of a pitch in the ninth inning, and I also didn't predict the Red Sox to win.
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Sox are in talks with the Orioles to score Javy Lopez to replace Tek for the remainder of the season. If Tek DOES come back, we can use him @ DH or 1B... Not a bad player either. Did a good job for Atlanta with Glav, Maddux and Smoltzie... Could be a good pickup !
      Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

So no thought's on the Billy Deegens prospect? Hey I bet if A-Rod stopped getting booed relentlessly he would probably be able to play a lot better. Any of you guys buy Jeter's new "Driven" cologne yet? I love the slogan I saw. "Strong enough for a man, but made for a Yankee.".
        We must!
        We must!
        We must increase the bust!
        The bigger the better!
        The tighter the sweater!
        The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly
          Sox are in talks with the Orioles to score Javy Lopez to replace Tek for the remainder of the season. If Tek DOES come back, we can use him @ DH or 1B... Not a bad player either. Did a good job for Atlanta with Glav, Maddux and Smoltzie... Could be a good pickup !
          Javy would be a good pickup, but if comes around and plays like he can, Tek may get pushed out. I'm just glad you guys didn't pick up Soriano. Replacing Loretta with Sorianno isn't that bad of a move , though it wouldn't have been a good move last night.

Comment

So no thought's on the Billy Deegens prospect? Hey I bet if A-Rod stopped getting booed relentlessly he would probably be able to play a lot better. Any of you guys buy Jeter's new "Driven" cologne yet? I love the slogan I saw. "Strong enough for a man, but made for a Yankee.".
            Don't know the prospect. Yanks usually just live for today anyway, but its nice when a prospect comes up and does well.

What we do, is wait for all the other teams to groom their prospects, then we buy'em.

Yeah, the cologne is bad. Publicity backfires sometimes. Kinda like when BoSox had some players appear on that show, 'Queer Guy with the Snake Eye', or something like that.

Comment

Touche!!!! lol Notice those ones are gone for the most part. That was all Millar and Damon.
              We must!
              We must!
              The bigger the better!
              The tighter the sweater!

Comment

Oh and in regards to the prospect you may want to check out the link I posted. Very in depth.
                We must!
                We must!
                The bigger the better!
                The tighter the sweater!

Comment

Oh and in regards to the prospect you may want to check out the link I posted. Very in depth.
                  Will do!

Comment

While Cashman calls Deegens a “project” with a “huge upside,” the tiny, 78-pound 10-year-old has struggled mightily since beginning his professional career – batting .000 (0-for 184) with 238 errors in just 55 games. He has only reached base 15 times in those 55 games, 14 by way of bases on balls and once when he was hit by a pitch – a plunking that broke his left arm and put him on the shelf for six weeks.

“It hurt really bad, but I didn’t cry,” said Deegens. “The team gave me a pinstripe cast and had all the major league Yankees sign a card for me. Even Gary Sheffield signed it, although he wrote: ‘Don’t be a pussy – Gary Sheffield.’”

:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

The Sheffield part is the best. Simply because he'd probably write that.
                      We must!
                      We must!
                      The bigger the better!
                      The tighter the sweater!

Comment

http://www.sportspickle.com/features...802-ortiz.html

Comment

:ROTF: :ROTF:

Is this, like a, anti-Yankee site or what?

Comment

I don't think so. Some funny shit there tho !

Comment

Nah they bust on everybody. Check out this Tom Brady one.

Tom Brady back in camp after missing two days to grow an appropriate amount of sexy but rugged stubble

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady returned to training camp Tuesday after missing two days of practice. Head coach Bill Belichick refused to discuss why his star was absent, but Brady disclosed it was so he could re-grow his sexy beard stubble.
                              “I practiced on the first two days of camp, Friday and Saturday, but then Sunday morning I wasn’t thinking and shaved my face right down to the skin,” said Brady. “I knew I couldn’t go out on the field like that. It’s kind of a trademark for me now and lends greatly to my rugged and almost intimidating handsomeness. I don’t think my teammates would know how to react without it being there. It makes me seem so rough and tough. So I called Bill and told him I made a mistake and that I’d have to take a couple days off until it grew back. He understood. And now it’s back and I’m ready to get back on the field – sexy as ever.”
                              “Thank God everything is okay with his stubble,” said linebacker Tedy Bruschi. “We were all pretty worried. Hopefully he didn’t miss any important shoots for a Gap ad or for a spread in a gay men’s magazine or whatever that one was last year when he was dressed up as a seaman and was making out with a goat. That would really be a shame. I know Tom loves that stuff.”
                              We must!
                              We must!
                              The bigger the better!
                              The tighter the sweater!

Comment

Opps. The old double post.
                                We must!
                                We must!
                                The bigger the better!