Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I got to watch a BoSox game last night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by donf
    Christ, I wish my team would do that once in a while. You guys just make a habit out of it.
    You guys don't do 4 game series at all?
    Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly
      You guys don't do 4 game series at all?
      No, I mean't waiting until the last minute (or batter) to pull one out of their ass. It just happens too frequently with Boston. But, thats what I'd wish my team would do.
      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo
        You Yank fans ready to be swept next week?
        <<<<<<<<<< Ozzie Guillen

We're gonna add to his frustration.

Comment

You are probally right. I'll be at least one of those games, we need Thome healthy again for that series.
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo
            You are probally right. I'll be at least one of those games, we need Thome healthy again for that series.
            Well, its better we catch the WhiteSox when they're out of sync. I think they're 5-5 last 10 games. You guys are the champs, well, at least until Oct, when the crown comes back to the Bronx.

Comment

I think the Yankees picked up Abreu to take the heat off A-Rod. He isn't a very agressive right fielder and has even worse habits than Manny when it comes to fielding. Especially when playing off a wall. Which he'll often have to do with that short porch in right. Torre didn't sound to thrilled about giving up 4 prospects to get him and Lidle either. Found a good article on the state of the Yankees minor league system. Yankee fans better hope this Billy Deegens kid is as good as Cashman says he will be.

http://www.sportspickle.com/features...2-yankees.html
              We must!
              We must!
              We must increase the bust!
              The bigger the better!
              The tighter the sweater!
              The boys are counting on us!

Comment

I can't wait to take 2 of 3 from the white sox. tets, you're awesome pitching staff is slowly falling apart. Kc slapped you for 7 yesterday, you can't let that happen , especially at this time of the year. How much weight did Garcia gain, 90 or 100 pounds? He looks like the boxer Max Baer-lol
                Proctor was over used Don, Torre used him until his arm came off this year. He does throw up around 96 when he wants too. I don't trade him, yet.-lol
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

the four prospects were dubious at best except for the shortstop solo man.

Comment

we held on to philip hughes, tabbata, Duncan, etc. etc., we basicallt took on salary, and we shouldn't have to get raped talentwise as well although it happens often.

Comment

I must exit and close a motherfukkin' deal, be back later.

Comment

Never heard of them. Just Milky and Cano. Milky has some nerve learning to catch. Us Sox fans were counting on him giving up another in the park home run this year. Of coarse it will have to be someone other than DonF's favorite Sox player that does it this time. Maybe Mirabelli.
                        We must!
                        We must!
                        We must increase the bust!
                        The bigger the better!
                        The tighter the sweater!
                        The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy
                          I can't wait to take 2 of 3 from the white sox. tets, you're awesome pitching staff is slowly falling apart. Kc slapped you for 7 yesterday, you can't let that happen , especially at this time of the year. How much weight did Garcia gain, 90 or 100 pounds? He looks like the boxer Max Baer-lol
                          Proctor was over used Don, Torre used him until his arm came off this year. He does throw up around 96 when he wants too. I don't trade him, yet.-lol
                          Garcia is shot he forgot how to pitch. We only have two pitchers Garland and Jose. Our bullpen is solid though but our starters are done. Thome is hurt. The only three players I trust on this team are Iguchi, Dye and Crede right now. Paully and Thome will be back and hopefully Buerhle pulls his head out of his ass.
                          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Originally posted by Soloist1
                            I think the Yankees picked up Abreu to take the heat off A-Rod. He isn't a very agressive right fielder and has even worse habits than Manny when it comes to fielding. Especially when playing off a wall. Which he'll often have to do with that short porch in right. Torre didn't sound to thrilled about giving up 4 prospects to get him and Lidle either. Found a good article on the state of the Yankees minor league system. Yankee fans better hope this Billy Deegens kid is as good as Cashman says he will be.

http://www.sportspickle.com/features...2-yankees.html
                            ARods had good back to back games with clutch hits the last two times out. Hopefully his confidence level goes up. Its really only a matter of time though. Manny went thru that in the beginning of the season. He wasn't hitting worth a shit, then, it seemed like everything he hit, he crushed, Well at least against us.

As for Abreu, I really don't know a lot about the guy, other than the homerun derby. I'm hoping Lidle is a sleeper, but I ain't holding my breathe. We've did this before (Vasquez, Weaver, Pavano).

Comment

Tommy. Whether he's over-used or under-used, it's cedes the same results. The guy can throw 98 MPR.................right down windmill alley. (See Manny Ramirez ).

He needs to go before we get to the playoffs. If not, we'll see a 'Tom Gordon' repeat performance.

Comment

I must exit and close a motherfukkin' deal, be back later.

Good luck.

I hope it ain't a trade for Scott Proctor. :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                                X