Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I got to watch a BoSox game last night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the 4th starter being Cory Lidle, not overpowering but it's better than Jaret Wright as the 4th starter.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Boston stood their ground as the braves wanted too much for their centerfielder Andrew Jones. As long as Schilling or becket do not get hurt we have a race for the rest of the year. I don't know how long Wakefileld is on the Dl for , but right now ?I think we're pitching better than the sox are, and that's what is always needed in the end.

Comment

Sox can't lose Varitek or either of their one two punch pitchers. I like our rotation better rightnow than The red sox's .
        I have a sick schedule for the stretch run made up by strength if you want to see it. The Sox have a lot more home games than we do , but they play some tough cookies art the same time. The big 5 game series at Yankeestadium is gonna be sick!!! then 4 over there and it's done as far as head to head games. I'll post the schedule for the stretch run which includes all the teams with a shot.
        The Blue Jays lineup is the best in baseball in my opinion.
        Last edited by atomic charvel guy; 08-01-2006, 02:01 PM.

Comment

I'm starting to lose it, I love talking baseball. Think about it though, Ortiz gets good pitches because he hits in front of one of the best hitters of all time Hammy Ramirez. It's too tough to pitch around Ortiz only to get to Manny. Not a fun time to be on the mound in the 9th. Ortiz is clutch, but I want to ring his neck, but I don't think I could get my hands around it before he threw me into the 38th row.

Comment

Tek in for surgery, Nixon biceps. Looks like the Red Sox are gonna have to do the same dance the Yanks had to do the first half of the season. Who is that guy from Pitt that we got? An outfielder?

I think the Yanks were giving up on Bernie a little too early. He's been Mr. Clutch lately.
            Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Joe Torre has made it perfectly clear that Bernie will DH, pinch hit, platoon, etc. and Bernie is cool with that.
              We traded Chacon for Craig Wilson of the Pirates, that's a great deal for us.
              I like our chances right now, barring another 47 injuries.

Comment

Surgery tomorrow for varitek, most likely will be out longer than 15 days.
                They need him back in a big way. Do you trust that Mirabelli can call a game and have the confidence of the pitchers like Varitek did? I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy
                  Surgery tomorrow for varitek, most likely will be out longer than 15 days.
                  They need him back in a big way. Do you trust that Mirabelli can call a game and have the confidence of the pitchers like Varitek did? I don't think so.
                  Yeah, but Mirabella can hit better. They were lucky to get him back. It would've been amusing watching Varitek catch Wakefield.

Comment

Don, your kidding right? Mirabelli is batting .181 with 3 homers and 14 RBIs. Granted he only plays every 5 days but damn...
                    Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

i can hit as well as Mirabelli. But he can catch wake, but he's on the dl , but i don't think for much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly
                        Don, your kidding right? Mirabelli is batting .181 with 3 homers and 14 RBIs. Granted he only plays every 5 days but damn...
                        His hits seem to come at the right time, which is probably why they look so big.

Comment

Don,
                          is everything o.k. over there?-lol

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy
                            Don,
                            is everything o.k. over there?-lol
                            Maybe the 100 degree + is starting to melt my brain here. Got to go back to Hawaii where its cooler.

Comment

Here we go.......Mirabella 3 for 4 against Cleve tonight with 4 RBI's, but, BoSox lose 5-4.

Comment

That's nice talk
                                Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Working...
                                X