Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I got to watch a BoSox game last night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy
    take clemens, the American League has his number. Cano is back in 3 days after doing a weekend in triple AAA. The sox have the better schedule right now, but it evens out at the end for the yankees.the yankees have to take 2 of three at the very least this weekend from the Orioles, and then have to go 14 -14 as the toughest part of the year is after this weekend. Anything over 500 is going to make it tough to keep the yankees out of the playoffs. If sheff could just fukkin' heal up, and Arod start hitting even remotely how he used to, the Yankees just may have a bigger cushion than the lousy one game, but I give the team an A+ for their efforts to stay in this thing at all. the lineup is starting to look scary again, and I'm buying a case of that perfume of Jeters and when the yanks win a game I'm going to skateboard down to my friend Tony's house, he's from Boston, and I'm gonna spray it through his window each time-lol
    We've had some good fights, pranks, etc. over the last 13 years that we've known each other. He's getting sprayed, and there's no stopping it.
    That's just cruel and unusual.
    Get him drunk and put some of A-Rod's lipstick on him to top it off why don't ya.
    We must!
    We must!
    We must increase the bust!
    The bigger the better!
    The tighter the sweater!
    The boys are counting on us!

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy
      vy stuff for you- just ribbing you guys, there's more but i have to save bandwidth if I put my foot in my mouth and he does well now on the sox-
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the first four years of his career, Lopez was one of the finest all-around catchers in the game, using his rocket arm to bust base-stealers, scooping balls from the dirt (he led major-league catchers with a .995 fielding percentage in 1998) and becoming the second Braves catcher to hit double-digit home runs in six consecutive seasons since Joe Torre (1963-68). But the grind of catching every day wore on Lopez, and assorted injuries culminated in a partial tear of his right ACL in 1999, ending his season after just 65 games.

Still showing the effects of the injury, Lopez's fielding skills declined as he became more reluctant to block balls in the dirt and only managed to cut down 21% of hostile base-stealers in 2000. His plate production followed a similar downward spiral in 2001, as his average plummeted to .267 (down 20 points from the previous season) as he tallied just 17 homers.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's more, and it doesn't get better, so i'll stop being cocky for now, I must follow the scent of the box I smell on my skateboard glide. See ya in a while.
      Well will your team trade us Billy Deegens?
      We must!
      We must!
      The bigger the better!
      The tighter the sweater!

Comment

• clemens is all yours. I was actually bummed for david Wells when he got pasted on his first night back. His curve has alwaysbeen great, but unfortunately it's got more heat than his fastball. He took a blistering shot to the knee solo. That looked like a real bitch when it happened. I love that guy, he was one of my favorites, and I'll always like him. until he's pitching against the Yankees.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Originally posted by Soloist1
          Well will your team trade us Billy Deegens?

Hey, he's the only one we got left!!!!!!!
          Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

• tell you what, I'll tell Arod to stop changing lipstick, and you tell the same for me to Schilling, cuz Bud selig is getting rainbow dick-lol

Comment

• Yeah he was pitching well that night also. That was a bad night in the land of Sox fandom. Last call for Wellsy. After this year he is packing it in. Hopefully he goes out on a high note.
              We must!
              We must!
              The bigger the better!
              The tighter the sweater!

Comment

• Oh come on DonF we'll give you Trot for him. He's slightly dinged up but still a fine player.
                We must!
                We must!
                The bigger the better!
                The tighter the sweater!

Comment

• Don,
                  our minor league prospects are fukkin' looking real good dude. Philip Hughes is a phenom, i saw him pitch the other night, he looks real good, and he's only 19. We still have duncan, Tabbata, we're o.k., we've got plenty of homegrowners on the team and playing and almost ready to come up.
                  I really gotta go, it's fucking beautiful out, I need to work on my tan, actually, I really don't I should stay inside and argue here all day, but it's a natural gravitational pull to the scent of the box. For real, i am leaving.(unless I see another question or blemish to clear up here-lol)

Comment

• Funny how the hard core Yanks fans were quiet most of the season..oh well
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Oh come on DonF we'll give you Trot for him. He's slightly dinged up but still a fine player.
                      Not a freakin chance! I'll disown the Yanks if that happened. Kinda like when I disowned the Knicks when they picked up Latrine Spewell.

I would never want the Yanks to stoop low enough to pick him up. That would be like BoSox picking up David Wells.................uh,....nevermind.

Comment

• No they weren't Kev. They were just busy booing A-Rod all year.
                        We must!
                        We must!
                        The bigger the better!
                        The tighter the sweater!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayday
                          Funny how the hard core Yanks fans were quiet most of the season..oh well

Nah, we were always there. Its gets better toward the end of the season. We did hang in there in the first half though.

Comment

• Tommy is gonna hit 10k just on this thread alone...
                            Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

No they weren't Kev. They were just busy booing A-Rod all year.

Things change on a dime in NY. Remember Giambi last year. I thought he was gonna cry at the beginning of the season, then he picked up, and all is forgotten.

Comment

• Well A-Rod cries when you make fun of his hamburger helper gloves so I'm sure he's been crying himself to sleep many a night in NYC. The guy doesn't get booed that bad by the opposing teams fans. As a matter of fact I bet he's happier when he's on the road.
                                We must!
                                We must!
                                The bigger the better!
                                The tighter the sweater!

Comment

Working...
                                X