Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Reading comprehension problems much???? GFY Arschlöch
    ooh, bilingual abuse! Aren't you a talent. Horns was making a joke - overly sensitive about your manlove for G Lynch much? røvhul
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
      røvhul
      That's some good swearing in Danish right there. I didn't expect that opening this thread this morning. And with an ø no less

Comment

Yes, that's pretty awesome to see proper Danish swearing. Unfortunately, our nation is turning into an English speaking nation and a lot of cursing and expressions nowadays are just English ripoff. I miss the good old "fede svin" or "pikhoved". Den-onde-lyneme!
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

what does Arschlöch mean? i'm dying to find out from my first and only counterpart on this board with "Atomic" in his/her handle.
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Levin OWNED Lynch in this clip....so much more energy in his playing. George looked like he was just tring to keep up and had a RUDE wake-up-call.

George has gone soft living off his legacy and forgot he has to WORK to keep the chops sharp...

Clone or not, Levin just overpowers him here.

That's gotta be embarassing to say the least.
            Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

George sounding like a typical Guitar Center customer...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD1NZfW7C04
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I totally agree w/ Curt & Bill. I wasn't a Dokken fan, but always dug GL's playing. Saw Lynch Mob a couple of times around '90 & '91 and he was amazing, but he just hasn't done the work needed to hang onto his chops. Unfortunately, his style doesn't work well at all if he's not 100% on his game. I read somewhere that he says he's basically retired and spends all his time with his kids, so he has no time to play. That's fine. Lots of successful people do that, and good for them. In some fields, you can be semi-retired and do a great job when you just dabble in the old profession once in a while, but it just doesn't work well for him, imo, and it hurts his legacy. I still have huge respect for what he did in his prime, but no way I'm paying to see him at this point.

Comment

at this point or any point though, ain't it about the tunes in the end?
                  I think the new lynch mob album has some good tunes on it. i've heard enough "chops" "runs"
                  arpeggios, etc. for a lifetime, give me some good tunes over the lightning guitar leads anytime, especially now that i am
                  106 years old.

Comment

Old Man Thomethuselah
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

the Elder of the Tribe

Comment

I hear you, Tommy. If George lays down some cool tracks that fit his current playing ability, that's great. I'll have to give it a listen. The dude can still play, and still has one of the best vibratos ever. I'd be cool with seeing him live if he could just play the new stuff he's comfortable with and can pull off with his current practice schedule, but I'm afraid he's stuck with his "legendary shredmeister" label, and a good part of the show would probably be like Bill's clip above.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                          what does Arschlöch mean? i'm dying to find out from my first and only counterpart on this board with "Atomic" in his/her handle.
                          Tommy...'Arschlöch' = Asshole.... in German!!!

Really!
                          Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                            George sounding like a typical Guitar Center customer...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD1NZfW7C04
                            WTF is with him and the GLOVE anyway??? Geez...

Maybe he just had a BRUTAL workout or something, and his hands hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                              I wish I had not watched that. :-(

Comment

yeah, that was painful.....geez-louise!!!
                                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X