No announcement yet.

Charvel vs. ESP - Levin vs. Lynch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i saw every halen tour through the first sammy tour. the best tours were the first 4, then it started to slip a little.
    Fair Warning was their peak. Live show wise for me at least.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheTranslator View Post
      Let me reiterate the fact that a person's actions towards you can induce temper, not something like practicing a stupid guitar. In the MANY times I've lost my temper while cycling, it was due to some sort of issue with another person, not from having a bad practice session. BTW, we're not talking about crack cocaine. Anabolic/Androgenic steroids can wreak havoc on your internal organs when used indiscriminately, but there's very little evidence that these prescription medications cause brain damage. Again; unless you've done them yourself, your fried-brain assertion is only half-baked as best...
      I haven't done steroids myself, but I had a close friend who did, and the effect on the temperament is not that different than methamphetamine. If you are trying to say otherwise then I'd credit the effect of the drugs and your desire to justify continuing to take them for that viewpoint, and for your level of amusement at your own statement.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
        I haven't done steroids myself, but I had a close friend who did, and the effect on the temperament is not that different than methamphetamine.
        Maybe so, but AGAIN; what caused his heightened temperament - an issue with another person, or an issue with certain guitar licks?!? If it was a result of practicing; WTF was he trying to learn - McLaughlin, Di Meola or Bireli Lagrene?!? But then again, anyone who isn't at that level would suffer the same fate - drugs or no drugs

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
        If you are trying to say otherwise then I'd credit the effect of the drugs and your desire to justify continuing to take them for that viewpoint, and for your level of amusement at your own statement.
        LOL...ROTFLOL...lerxstcat you can credit my level of amusement to someone's half-baked misconceptions about steroid use...lol.
        New Venture, Old Theme~

Comment

• G hasn't used the 'roids in years now, so not sure how it is related to this at all....

Comment

• and he was still skinny during the lynch mob era too.

Comment

• It's funny, I was a giant Dokken fan during the Breaking the Chains through the Back For the Attack days. There's still nobody on the plannet that does that crazy slide vibrato like George. Being from Canada we had very little exposure to video of Dokken, either official music videos or concert footage. When I went down to the Kingdome in Seattle to see them play live during the Monsters of Rock show I couldn't believe what a herky-jerky playing style he had.

You watch a guy like Yngwie play and there is no tension in him, the stuff just flows and he looks like he could be doing a crossword puzzle. George looks like a spring wound too tight and it's taking everything he's got just to hold on to the guitar. Thats the thing that stands out for me the most about him. Like he's just ...super... tensed up.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• FWIW, I still think GL is a shadow of what he once was. back in the 80's he was pure brilliance, he had a style outside the box. I never thought he was very good as a live guitarist though. he totally just wanked on stage and didnt stick close to his recorded stuff. listen to beast of the east, just guitar wankery. he was a master in the studio. he came up with some really cool shit, he combined melody, technique, tone, style, and dynamics in a unique way that nobody else did. he was pure sonic magic in those days. but it all came to a screeching halt after Lynch mob. The sacred groove CD was the last thing he did that had any value to it. it was all living off of a prior reputation after that. he has done nothing of any musical significance since. damn shame.
                "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

• i agree batty, he does look tense. but to raise a question, who came up with the index finger
                  hyper slide vibrato effect first, him or Warren De martini? Warren can be seen doing on the dining room table in round and round after he crashed through the ceiling
                  for the solo, he points up to Robin after he does it, it's pretty cool looking when you watch that part on the very famous life sustaining youtube.

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                    i agree batty, he does look tense. but to raise a question, who came up with the index finger
                    hyper slide vibrato effect first, him or Warren De martini? Warren can be seen doing on the dining room table in round and round after he crashed through the ceiling
                    for the solo, he points up to Robin after he does it, it's pretty cool looking when you watch that part on the very famous life sustaining youtube.
                    It really doesnt matter which one came up with the vibrato thing Tommy because neither of them are as sexy as you are.

Comment

• please don't hate ne because i am beautiful.

Comment

• I have a different point of view on the live thing, I don't mind players that don't play the stuff note for note, Hendrix anyone? Maybe it's because I'm so "ADD" I can barely remember remember what I played yesterday myself... I do have solos (originals and covers) that I have the main melodic lines and ideas set, but there are other parts that I just "wank" on (well, hopefully a little more than wanking). Even when I have solos in church (will saying that I play in church get me booted out of here?). I've played the Lincoln Brewster solo in Today is the Day a few times, I nail the lines in the first 1/2 - 2/3 of it, but I never bothered to learn the last run note for note.

Anyway, I guess my point is that my approach kinda like G's, I know the main points to hit, and the rest is more open. I don't care if something is note for note or not (as long as it doesn't totally suck). Yeah, going to the edge, you'll slip occasionally, but if you can bring it back it's cool with me.

Comment

• devastone has proven to be a bright lad, Hendrix is God, any thoughts to the contrary and you must be put under observation.

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                            devastone has proven to be a bright lad, Hendrix is God, any thoughts to the contrary and you must be put under observation.
                            Tommy, your such a retard. are you off your rocker? you know damn well those guys from Warrant can play circles around Hendrix.

Comment

• Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                              Tommy, your such a retard. are you off your rocker? you know damn well those guys from Warrant can play circles around Hendrix.
                              warrant-lol, they didn't even play the solos on their own albums you silly ass, tommy gervins did. among a couple of others i think as well.
                              dirty rotten filthy stinking out of key.

Comment

• Hey, I saw Warrant once back in the day, they, well, did I mention that I saw them only once. Their intro music was bad (as in totally tasteless), don't remember anything after that.

*EDIT* Thanks for the bright lad comment, though I must admit "lad-ness" passed me by years ago. Bright, well, I can probably give you people that would argue either way.
                                Last edited by devastone; 06-07-2011, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X