Charvel vs. ESP - Levin vs. Lynch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel vs. ESP - Levin vs. Lynch

I was surfing around and found this video of Lynch doing an encore with Dokken (who now has Jon Levin on guitar), playing In My Dreams. I'm a HUGE Lynch fan, but Levin freaking shreds here. Nice to see Levin playing his Charvel:

Yikes!! Don looks a hundred!
    Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Also looks like he's found the key to the pudding cupboard!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlz View Post
        I guess you've never seen anyone over 40? Unless you mean he looks a 100 pounds over weight? ha ha

Comment

You couldn't hardly hear Lynch, the sound man screwed him on that one...

Comment

Originally posted by Charlz View Post
            And lost a note from the upper octaves for each year.

I don't think I've ever seen another guitar player with as much 'tension' in their body when they play as George.
            Last edited by Hellbat; 03-13-2011, 11:29 AM.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Cool. I wonder how Levin felt having George on stage, that had to be a little weird.

Comment

It's funny how at 6:12 Don says ''wow man that is the old timer there'' as though he just realized it. Is he & has he always been that out of touch with George & what he does & who he is that he wouldn't & didn't instantly recognize the fact that George was playing (his) frankenstrat. His number one!!??....Crazy! Anyway Lynch kills that other guy, whatever his name is :think: John ....whatever. LYNCH

Comment

Originally posted by Ultramagnus View Post
                  Anyway Lynch kills that other guy, whatever his name is :think: John ....whatever. LYNCH
                  George was always great, but the other Dokken guitar players, Reb Beach, Jon Norum and Jon Levin, are all better than him.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Lynch had some kickass tone too, BFTA especially.

And Don should be embarassed taking money from fans for that. Does he not listen back to the isolated vocals after a show?
                    Last edited by Larz; 03-14-2011, 08:47 AM.
                    Jackson KV2
                    Jackson KE1T
                    Jackson KE1F
                    Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by jmsaxon69 View Post
                      You couldn't hardly hear Lynch, the sound man screwed him on that one...
                      Trust me. The sound man was doing George a favor. He'd be humiliated by the superior chops of Jon Levin.
                      Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                      www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

George is hardly humiliated by someone whose only notable musical achievement is being his clone.
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                          George is hardly humiliated by someone whose only notable musical achievement is being his clone.
                          Deep to left!! it is high!! it is far!!! it is gone!!! homerun!!!
                          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Lynch was a big influence on him. He was in the band Warlock for a little while, so there's some musical achievement. I also think he's better than George now. When grunge hit, he became an entertainment lawyer and has been Dokken's attorney for quite some time.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

This. Over and over this. George may not be who he was as a player in the 80's, but he's cemented his reputation as one of the greats in my mind. Levin, while a nice guy, succeeds only as a (by George's own admission, great) clone. He can learn and play George's solos note per note...but they're still George's solos. Case closed.

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              Lynch was a big influence on him. He was in the band Warlock for a little while, so there's some musical achievement. I also think he's better than George now. When grunge hit, he became an entertainment lawyer and has been Dokken's attorney for quite some time.
                              Oh come on. He wasn't in Warlock. He was in 'Doro' for a year or so.
                              Last edited by SausageofPower; 03-15-2011, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X