Charvel vs. ESP - Levin vs. Lynch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ward View Post
    Great example of Lynch's talents. For me it was always about the mini melodies in George's solos. His speed was impressive, but the hooks were what really left me in awe.
    Heaven Sent...great song! Always has been, always will be.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
      oh no richie , not a whitesnake rip at all, listen to the album again, trust me , it's a must have in any hard rock collection.
      the first Lynch Mob album is still en fuego to this day.
      I only heard the song that was a video in heavy rotation on MTV - can't even remember the name, it had a big snake in it. It just didn't do anything for me whatsoever and I figured it had to be one of the better songs on the album. If his lead single sucked - to me - then why bother with the whole album at all? There was better stuff out there for me to spend my limited record budget on. Not like today when you can dl everything for free. Like Up From The Ashes for example.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

richard, i'm gonna bug you until you give it a thorough listening. some of the tunes are just that good. Dance of the d
        ogs, Street Fightin;' man, River of love, all i want, the whole album kicks ass. not a bad tune on it.

Torment-
        Lynch Mob just came out with new album too, it' got 5 solid tunes in my opinion, and i haven't given it a full listen yet, can't get past the 5 that caught my ears right away on the 1st time. As for the new Ratt album, it's o.k., it's nice to hear some nice juicy riffs that aren't tuned down to Q-minor and some guy puke screaming into a mic as far as today's music in general goes, it fuckin' great. Warren is one of my favorite players, i like blues based mixed with some lightnining as far as guitar players go, that makes for the catchiest tunes for me anyway. To each his own.
        try these two lynch mob tunes for the hell of it, they are from the new album-
        `1-lucky man- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdvsUKe6s0Q
        2-smoke and mirrors- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZV5L...00FDA66070A8F8
        two great tunes, and that's what it's about for me, the tunes, not how many notes can we possibly cram into a millisecond.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
          richard, i'm gonna bug you until you give it a thorough listening. some of the tunes are just that good. Dance of the d
          ogs, Street Fightin;' man, River of love, all i want, the whole album kicks ass. not a bad tune on it.
          listen to the Badmin - he is wise beyond his tender years
          Hail yesterday

Comment

What, someone hasn't heard the first Lynch Mob album, Wicked Sensation??? If you're a Lynch fan, that's something you've got to own. It's a great cd with great songs, awesome guitar playing, slick production, catchy riffs, etc. Oni sounds great too. However, I will say that I like the Dokken stuff better. Back For The Attack is my top three favorite albums.
            Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
            www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

River of Love was the video, right? It didn't do anything for me. I'm sure I heard some on KNAC or Pirate as well. None of it made me want to buy the album, so I didn't. Not everybody likes the same thing. I thought Badlands sucked too. Both George and Jake were going backwards, not forwards, with that stuff IMO. Y'all are entitled to have a different opinion but this is my opinion. Not trying to offend anybody, but I did feel they were trend jumping and I had already gone through my bluesy phase maybe 10 years earlier. By then I liked more progressive stuff, that bluesy stuff was going backwards for me. That's why it's a world full of different music though, right?
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I think there are far better songs on there then River of Love. I think we're actually on the same page as far as George, although I love the first Lynch Mob album. George really has regressed to the point of being just a shadow of his former self. He was my biggest influence and favorite player for quite a while, but now it's to the point where I won't even waste my money on his new solo album that's coming out. Pretty sad. And I hope you don't think I was criticizing you for not liking Lynch Mob. Just saying you should give it a listen, at least for the solos if nothing else. BTW, River of Love has one of the worst solos on the album.
                Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Well they led with the wrong song then, which I have seen before. It's not that it's not listenable to me, it's just that it doesn't really trip my trigger like the way he played in Dokken did. I think the tension between him and Don made good music, like EVH and DLR. I liked Lynch because the stuff he played in Dokken blew me away, and the style of Lynch Mob just didn't have the same effect for me. And again, it was the same with Jake; I thought he was 10X better with Ozzy than in Badlands.

And the Dokken stuff wasn't just better because of the shreddy stuff; it was that tension I mentioned. You could feel it in their work, and even though it must have sucked to live that for years, I thought it benefitted their music. And I don't like to sound like I am cutting George down today; it's more like it makes me feel bad FOR George to see him struggle to play out 30 seconds to go to break on TMS. Eddie Trunk is saying, "The GREAT George Lynch" and George is choking but trying to smile. It hurts ME to watch, how bad must George feel to BE that guy?
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                    River of Love was the video, right? It didn't do anything for me. I'm sure I heard some on KNAC or Pirate as well. None of it made me want to buy the album, so I didn't. Not everybody likes the same thing. I thought Badlands sucked too. Both George and Jake were going backwards, not forwards, with that stuff IMO. Y'all are entitled to have a different opinion but this is my opinion. Not trying to offend anybody, but I did feel they were trend jumping and I had already gone through my bluesy phase maybe 10 years earlier. By then I liked more progressive stuff, that bluesy stuff was going backwards for me. That's why it's a world full of different music though, right?
                    Personally, I thought Badlands was absolute shit (still do...). Yeah, "Dreams In The Dark" was alright, and "High Wire" was cool, and even"Winter's Call" was okay, but damn, Led Zeppelin had already done it...and better. That's like Kingdom Clone, errr...Kingdom Come. Talk about a shit band...

Lynch Mob. I like their first album. I think it's a cool record, but by no means George Lynch's best work, but even so, there is some really good material to be found.

Comment

• badlands -shit?? Ray Gillen was a fuckin' monster singer, c'mon guys, what the hell is going on here? great songs on the two badlands albums.
                      Am I on the JCF or the crab cakes online board? hay-zeus christo!!!

Comment

• crab cakes, just look at Dokken videos, definitely one of the predecessors for the crab movement.
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                          badlands -shit?? Ray Gillen was a fuckin' monster singer, c'mon guys, what the hell is going on here? great songs on the two badlands albums.
                          Ray Gillen was a great singer, and IMO, Jake E. Lee is one of the most distinctive players on the planet, but, IMO, Badlands just didn't cut it on any level. They failed to strike a chord with pretty much everyone. Nobody was interested in a newer band who carbon-copied Led Zeppelin, just ask the members of Kingdom Clone.

Look at Mr. Big, Extreme, Europe, and Chickenfoot. All of those guys have amazing talent, yet, IMO, they all just simply suck as a band. Anyone remember "Coverdale and Page?" Jimmy Page is one of the greatest blues guitarists to ever walk the Earth, and David Coverdale was one Hell of a singer. Nobody gives a shit about "Coverdale and Page."

Just because you have an all-star lineup doesn't guarantee you all-star results. Just ask Dan Snyder, the owner of the Washington Redskins. A few years ago, he spent more money in NFL history to get himself a lineup of all-stars, yet they STILL failed to make the playoffs. :think:

Hey, anyone remember David T. Chastain? Nah, I didn't think so... :think:

Comment

• i agree those bands all have great players but most of their songs blow, let's just put it this way, Ray Gillen is ferocious on vocals,
                            or better yet how's this-
                            Badlands- Beef Bourguignon
                            Kingdom come, europe, etc. - Beef jerky

Snyder spends money on the wrongs players, he sucks as an owner.

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                              badlands -shit?? Ray Gillen was a fuckin' monster singer, c'mon guys, what the hell is going on here? great songs on the two badlands albums.
                              Badlands was one of the greatest bands of all time!!!! Jake's tone on those albums is raw and killer! How could someone not like that stuff?:think::think::think:

The DUSK album is great too!

And +1 on Levin owning Lynch in 2011. I saw them locally here last year not knowing much about levin and left a huge fan. Someone earlier quoted my remarks to my friends perfectly "He plays Lynch better than Lynch"

Comment

• i'd still rather be the guy who is being copied.

Comment

Working...
                                X