Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bowling for Columbine. What is wrong with the U.S.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bowling for Columbine. What is wrong with the U.S.?

As a Canadian I look at the US two ways...amazed by the high accomplishments for one. Just walk the loop in Chicago...power and entrepreneurial spirit everywhere. A stunning monument to capitalism at it's best. I never really thought gun control was a big issue for the US, Heinlein's quotes above is correct, proven in many countries.

But I also see these crazy f**king problems: gigantic ghettos and slums, huge areas of major cities that basically are a war zone, organized, enormous and out of control gangs in some areas, and the killer: the black's situation. What can you ever do about any of that now? It's beyond your control, is it not? What the f**k could anyone ever do about Detroit now? It all makes Columbine look as totally unimportant as I think that it probably was. Tragic, but only a curiosity, not a systemic problem, you have others far more important. Canada has problems, yours are magnified by a larger populations. Our problems slowly are growing too. I just hope they don't get past the point of control and large areas or segments of the population have to be "written off". I have several friends in the US and their opinions are all the same: they think the Af. Amer. problems are are a permanent, total f**king write-off.

Comment

Our big city police departments are trying their best to take the streets back and restore order but they are met at every turn by the ACLU, Sharpton and every other a-hole that comes out of the woodwork. It seems like a losing battle. These cops go out and fight the good fight every day and all you hear on the news is how they used excessive force, etc. etc. Same thing goes on in the jails. Officers are being sued all the time by inmates, for violating their "rights". These are convicted criminals people, not Joe Public. The sad part is, alot of the time the administration actually believes the inmate over the officers. Go figure that one out.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Revolving Door ...YES!!!!! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

but that is job security for all in Government / Judicial and law enforcement positions isn't it ..which is basically %80 of all our fuggin' revenue.. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

comes down to the almighty and I don't mean God

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ baby $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] !!!

That's the bottom line ...in America , it's who's palms are the greasiest ... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Other than that ...complaining about it is just pissing in the wind....it's the American way !!!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Stuka that whole Sharpton / NAACP thang is just a cop out for lack of Accountability , Resposibilty and Credibilty...

Blacks make up probably a little more than 15% of America ...seems like more in the inner city and around my neighborhood that's for sure!!

But they make up over 90% of Prisons....now that's gotta be some heavy duty Racial Profilin' Brotha!

they also make up for over 90% of welfare recipiants...and inner city school levis that are inflating the shit out of all the homeowners in the city .. My City is almost 60% black and they rent and destroy the property..they don't own a damn thing ...but they vote for these levis and the pass them all day long . They could pass one once a week if they wanted too ...now is that fair [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] ...and the schools are Broke ...guess what ...time for another Levi!!!! [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

who gives me a break sending my kid to a private school at $2,600 a year to keep them away from that bullshit and those animals....and now they (blacks) want vouchers to get in there free of charge too ....time to draw the line somewhere!

they fucked up the neighborhoods , increased my insurance , increased utilities because they don't pay now they want to fuck up all the decent (expensive) private schools too...

yep that's it ...that's the ticket!!

guess what .....I'm guilty of my own shit here ...just pissin' in the wind because NOTHING is going to change ...just deal with it or move to Utah!

[ April 26, 2004, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: horns666 ]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

To solve Americas problems:
            1. Ted nugent as President.
            2. Shoot all the lawyers.
            3. Let the militia go hunting in gangland for a few weeks.
            4. Every home has two and a half 44 Automags...........

Comment

Bottom line here ...Colubine ...the sign of our times ...we created those monsters ...

and they wern't monsters really just very picked on non-conformist who couldn't take it anymore ...a lot of people feel the exact same way as they do ...BUT ..

One must exercise self control in this very P.C. , extremely sensitive society ...watch what you say , watch what you wear , watch what you do ...because you too can be or percieved a monster as well

I feel soooooo bad for those poor kids all of them ....because they are young and dumb .

I see a sudden ease of pushing the "ebonic" lovin' shit a bit on the media which quickly resulted in Metal making a sudden comeback ...for the moment ...now white kids could have identity too ..

they were white kids in a ebonical worshiping society ....and snapped!

Comment

Originally posted by Accept2:
                [QB3. Let the militia go hunting in gangland for a few weeks.
                [/QB]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why should they have all the fun? Fuck paintball...sell tickets for $50 for "A Day in Gangland With an AK-47" there would be a lineup 8 miles long. And I'd be in it. Go bang-bang and collect some fuckin bling-bling, and thanks for the memories gangsta asshole!!! A fair trade: gold for lead!!

Comment

Now you guys are making me proud ! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

That's the mindset at least ...even though we can't do such things without getting ganged rapped in jail by 40OZ. and neck bone!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Bottom line , white kids taking in ebonics is just sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wrong ....that's what killed those kids in Columbine and NOTHING else [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] !!!!

Comment

Agreed. The American Way (of late, at least) is to forge ahead no matter who gets left behind; Forge ahead to the new frontiers and leave destruction in your wake. Never mind the ghettos and homeless and those who are "unfit" to share the wealth in the New Age - survival of the fiscally fittest.

America is rocketing towards two social classes - the haves and the have-nots. There will be no in-between. There will only be the mega-rich and the dirt poor. No Middle, Upper Middle, Lower Middle, Lower, and Poverty Level income households - it's too complicated for the IRS to keep track of, so they're going to a Kings and Paupers system - if you ain't a King, youre a Pauper. Period.

Wanna know how it'll turn out? The Kings will build vast underground facilities worldwide to house the Paupers (those who work in ANY capacity, except for the ultra-elite attorneys to negotiate business deals and the plastic surgeons and cutting-edge geneticists that are at the forefront of eternal youth research). Computers will handle the generation of standardized business contracts. World Governments will be overtaken by the Kings in a massive global buyout (Bill Gates can pay off the National Debt, foot the bill for the War in Iraq, AND bail out Social Security. Imagine if Donald Trump was helping him.)
                    There will be no more wars, only business deals. Nations will enter into agreements to share the wealth generated by their individual nations. Paupers in every nation will work and live in the underground facilities - factories, hospitals, Wal Marts, food processing plants, hydroponic greenhouses. The toxic emissions from these facilities will be recycled (as affordably as possible) and only the purest emissions will be vented to the surface - the rest will be recirculated through the underground cities. Bold new medicines will be invented to counteract the toxic emissions, though life-spans will still be shortened to 50 years or less. And that'll be just fine, because there won't be room for people too old or sick to work. There won't be a need for Social Security, and everyone will work for the Common Good - no paychecks, you get paid in credits that allow you to shop for food and clothing. Shelter is provided by the company you work for - you live where you work. No grass to cut, no siding to wash, no worries of homecare.

Meanwhile, with the factories having been moved underground, as well as all vehicular traffic eliminated save for privately-owned aircraft that fly and land via the top-notch missile guidance systems that follow along satellite-mapped coordinates, the sky is once again blue and the water is fresh and clean. No more worries of toxic spills, the Ozone layer, or swimming in a trash dump.

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Dude that is so deep. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Seriousy that's a bit much, and sounds like a cross between Metropolis and Final Fantasy VII, except in Final Fantasy they built a two-layered city with the poor in the lower slums and the rich above them, and they only connect by train when the poor show up to work. Metropolis also had the second lower-class literally living beneath the upper class.

What doesn't separate the rich from the poor in this country is a lot of barriers, so the poor can always get rich by work, playing music, or even winning the lottery out of sheer dumb luck. There's always a chance, which is why I don't believing in changing systems to accomodate those who didn't make it.

Comment

Nope ...that has some merit...but very , very little.

Way too far fetched for reality....it's about conformity.

I'm middle class ..always was ...always will be ...the middle class foots the bill for the poor and that get's me pissed off!!

As far as the War in Iraq ...$87 Bill + ...that's OK ...because we will control and own it ...it will be an American annex eventually ...that's what's going on there....an "Americanized" democracy or else!

You guys are talking about "Escsape from New York kind of shit" , ...not gonna happen..final fantasy stuff...well it's just that Fantasy ...not the real deal at hand...not in our lifetime anyways....either that or the same shit as the Turner Diaries talks about.

it's all about the illusion of a "happy diversity" of people living under one roof ....an oxymoron basically..the real world like seen on MTV. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

most of us here and everyone we know are mostly middle class ...the largest portion of the economic scale ...so that blows that theory.

Comment

The middle class is shrinking. It originally consisted of manufacturing workers, and some middle management. Manufacturing is gone, now the middle class is salesmen, unionized service workers, govt workers, teachers and managers. Soon computer programmers will be part of the middle class. The high tech bust has eliminated the supply/demand problem with high tech jobs, as universities continue to pour 1000's of programmers etc. into a dead market. High tech salaries are going through the floor. My friend was in second year Com Sci, aiming for a job as a java programmer starting at 50K a year. High tech bust in his third/fourth year. He got out to no job, then got on as a programmer: 28K a year, zero perks. 22K less than 1.5 years before.
                          The middle class is retreating into walled, private security serviced fortresses to keep the undesirables out, private schools, private clubs, etc. The inner cities have been left to rot.

Comment

Ahhhh ...the middle class ain't shrinkin' just my PP is!!! [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm fucking sick of all the racist bullshit I'm hearing here. Shut the fuck up.

Bitching about how THIS thing caused it or THIS one thing caused it... THEY ALL DID YOU FUCKING MORONS.

Shit like this doesn't occur based on one thing. It's an almagamation of having parents that are so fucking self-important they can't be bothered to raise their fucking kids right, lest it get in the way of their SUV and promotion. It's being surrounded by assholes all day, having them tell you to your face that you are a worthless piece of shit. When you have nobody at home to support you, when nobody gives a shit about you, you start to believe it. Eventually you hit a level where all life, including your own, is absolutely meaningless. Killing someone is something you can do without even thinking about the consequences, because no matter the consequences it can't be any worse than what you're going through now.

Every time I hear people ***** about kids today it makes me want to fucking puke. Who the fuck raised us, you jackasses?

Comment

There is a fine line between what is "Truth" and what you percieved BM.

I live in a very racist city but I'm on the loosing team [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ...I am not in their interest ..just my money is.

I talk the talk that I walked....that's all..

step in my shoes just for a moment ...you'll see....it's so blatant it makes me want to puke .

but only white people are racist ...you know the game.

I'm not racist but when you live , smell ,taste , touch and feel and hear "racism" on the other side of the coin ..it's a different story

I'm not going to lie down and take it in the ass ...it's just not my style...

Comment

Working...
                                X