Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bowling for Columbine. What is wrong with the U.S.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bowling for Columbine. What is wrong with the U.S.?

Originally posted by horns666:
    Yes Ninja there will be plenty Moore tragedies just as imminent as this thread getting zapped!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] NOOOO! It's bad enough that there will be more tragedies, but why oh why does Moore have to benefit from them?

It's starting to annoy me that some of you are putting rap and ebonics into this so surely. Not every "cool" white at high school likes rap and hiphop that much. Rap and hiphop is at its all time high right now, and the Columbine shooting happened several years ago. The majority of people I saw in High School didn't walk around speaking ebonics. In fact, the ones who did use ebonics never rubbed me as being a threat. I was much more suspicious of the anarchists and perverted jocks. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I guess what I'm also getting at is that this whole hiphop/rap thing isn't a threat. It's just annoying and boring as hell to us metalheads. Stupid parents are a much greater threat to me, and stupid parents have been around forever. Why look at most of us here, our parents missed a few spankings here and there for sure [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] .

Comment

I think the scariest thing to come out of this thread is that I agree with BOTH Newc and BM on the same topic at the same time... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I have to go have a beer (or two)...

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

michael moore is the biggest artfag

and as much as i dont like charlton heston... i would love to see him lay da smack down on moore!

Comment

im gonna have to disagree about those 2 comlumbine kids here

those kids werent outcast by society... they are just pussy ass bitches

almost no one is outcast by society... everyone can choose how they live their life

dont fucking complain that no one likes you because you dress different, act different, like different things

if u mind it... just change to be what people like
            and if you say you dont care.... fuck you and stop complaining

im tired of these "non-conformist" kids who look different... do clothese really matter? just wear what you think looks nice... and the clothes that those "non-conformists" wear looks ugly as hell

MOST times beining INTENTIONALLY different is based on need... as in the fat goth girl

though dont get me wrong... you should be always be an individual... im talking about the people who intentionally make them selves APPEAR different

Comment

those columbine kids were scum

weak-minded tools... fucking fake
              lieing to yourself is one of the weakest thing you can do in life... though everyone, including myself, does it

they do not even deserve THE CHANCE to kill someone else

Comment

Stsk, you strike me as the kind of person that never got the shit kicked out of you on a daily basis when you were going to school. I did. It's easy to ignore words, but when it comes to actual physical violence it's kind of hard to just ignore it and get on with your life. You just don't fucking get it. I could have worn the $100 jeans and $200 shoes and had my hair cut like everyone else and listened to the same stuff everyone else did and it WOULD NOT HAVE CHANGED A GODDAMNED THING. I still would have been a reject and I still would have been beat to shit constantly.

Comment

true and good point black mariah

ive actually never been in a fight that wasnt instigated by me... unless i was jumped/sucker punched and in which those cases i didnt exactly fight back.. im kind of a pussy when it comes to fighting [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

though i have to say... i honestly think im a pretty good street fighter for my size.. not mexican good but i can usually kick some ass when im angry

me and a friend started a fight club (like the movie) originally we used sparring gloves but those hurt a lot and now we use boxing gloves and boxing rules though im not much of a boxer... just a puncher

but anyways, your totally right in saying that i dont live in a town where i feel threatened at all by violence.. and yes i do feel sorry for those who do

yea as i said im a pussy when it comes to fights, but you know, its a guy thing, sometimes you just have to fight back
                  in my opinion, i feel really bad, almost depressed, if i chicken out of fighting someone
                  but i still do it anyways

Comment

actually the whole fighting thing has been really bothering me lately

im working out and training almost everyday for fighting/boxing
                    mostly conditioning cuz my endurance blows

im 5'7"
                    135 lb
                    bench max last year was 195 and i used to weigh 140 but i stopped lifting weights

my goal is to be 145-155 lb
                    bench 250
                    and fight like im mexican [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

we have about maybe 10-12 guys boxing and man theres some really embarrassing videotape of me out there... damn
                    like i used to be always backing away and dodging... and this is amatuer boxing so no one does that but i used to be afraid of getting hit or something like that

anyways i think we are putting together a boxing video... i'll post it on the jcf when we are done (it wont be done until we film me knocking the shit out of someone, lol)

Comment

• Re: Bowling for Columbine. What is wrong with the U.S.?

lol

pussiest amatuer
                      boxing ever caught on camera

www.h-mob.com

Comment

By Black Mariah:
                        It has everything to do with parents that don't care, a school full of assholes, and a society hellbent on destroying all notion of SELF CONTROL and PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

Kids now are raised on a steady diet of never being told they're wrong and never being disciplined. We don't want to hurt little Timmy's feelings and self-esteem, do we? We can't do that. He might not grow up to be a productive adult.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Agreed 100%. Society teaches us that no one needs to accept personal responsibility at all anymore. That is the decline of our civilization.

Comment

BM and Hotrod hit the nail right on the head there! It's getting similar here in the UK (with less guns...) It's scary to think how bad things will get for future generations, and what it's gonna take to straighten them out again [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

good ol fasion ass whoopin's by daddy..without the interference of social child services involved. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

I still want to gather up all the rappers and pee on them ....but that's just me.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Avoiding thie issue of personal responsibility in Columbine would be the blaming of the actions of the two killers on "social forces". I would say most did not agree with this, Moore or not. There are and always have been outcasts, some of them enjoy it, some don't, but the Columbine reaction was flukey and unpredicatble. There is no systemic series of like incidents to blame on "social forces". They did what they did as per their personalities and the bizarre dynamic of their frienship. They were mass murderers in the end.
                              Personal responsibility is prominent in some areas of our society, absent in others. Seems to depend on who benefits. The business "arena" is gung ho mad on personal resposibility. (manage your career, manage your own morale, manage your retirement, create your own sun, the 7 habits of highly effective (productive) people, blah blah blah) This "value" has been pushed ad nauseum in the business world as companies look to a favorable environment to dump benefit plans, increase contract work, go part time labour, etc) to cut costs.
                              Left to their own devices, without guidance and discipline, teens revert to a dangerous tribalistic behaviour.(Lord of the Flies...) In the strange case of the western teen, the lack of any other resposibilities (providing shelter, food, division of labour and responsibilities etc) make it dangerous, because it leaves only the exaggerated dominance, hyper aggression and hypersexualized behaviour, and constant availablity of stimulation. The social ranking , selfishness and aggression of teens today is so exaggerated from my youth. I sat beside a group of teen girls in a fast food joint not long ago and all they talked about was "kicking ass, making so and so my ***** , etc etc". Being aggresive and dominant is all that matters anymore. When I was young, it was "you pissed me off" between peers and some minor result. Now its "you dissed me", with its themes of dominance, insubordination, alpha threat etc and the result is a baseball bat to the head for trivial reasons. Teens hang out in larger groups than when I was young. They wander the streets and malls in groups of 10-20 or more. They gain anononymity in larger groups, and become more daring, unpredicatble and aggressive. It looks very ritualistic to me. Anyway, thats my take on it.
                              What happened to the tough as nails schoolteachers and parents of old?

Comment

"What happened to the tough as nails schoolteachers and parents of old?"

Social services involvement and the treat of going to jail or lawsuite for "disciplining" a child...

do you know how many calls I got from a 13 , 14 , 15 , 16 years olds for there moms smackin' them for being a fuck up .....lots!

I'm 40 years old ...back in the day I went to Catholic school where it was commonplace to get beat by penguins and preists daily!!!

and you didn't dare tell your parents when you got home ....then it would be round two....you just shut the fuck up and took the ass whoopin' ...which I had many .

you could even fight on school grounds ....or both parties would get pummeled by Sister Anastasia [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ April 28, 2004, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
                                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                                X