Music or Bands you Hate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Music or Bands you Hate!

I like ALL "true" metal ...not the 80's hair fags that BM refers to as metal ...that's not metal anyways ....but everyone labels that crapola metal .....that's what killed metal.

I not really a fan of The red hot chili peppers but Flea is a pretty decent player ...weird but good.

Frosty I couldn't disagree with you more ....music has to speak to me to embrace it ...it has to be written by metalheads for metalheads like myself .....slim whitman or Pat Boone couldn't write a song that I like ...

Willie Nelson couldn't write a song that I like ...

BB King couldn't write a song that I like ...

Matchbox 20 couldn't write a song tht I like ...

Tu Pac couldn't do it on his best day ...unless he picked up a Jackson and smoked!!!!

I'm a metalhead ...plain and simple ....

either you're a metalhead or you're not...and that's a big fat fuckin' period!!

it's like being "bi-sexual"....either you suck dick or you do not suck dick ....choose one and stick with it!!!

Metal is a life choice ...it is my way of life ....I look like metal , I play like metal , I eat metal ...I fuckin' shit metal ...

that's what I do...
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
      I like ALL "true" metal ...not the 80's hair fags that BM refers to as metal ...that's not metal anyways ....
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not a fan of Nitro, then, Bill? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...c;f=6;t=000655
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

> It's no secret that Dream Theater is my fave band in the world. I dig the hell out of Pantera,and maybe a song here and there from some of the newer,non-metal styles,even some techno,but I haven't heard a single band since grunge took over that I'd buy a cd from. The fact that heroin-rock killed the metal scene is what made me look at other styles,like rap and commercial hip-hop. Don't get me wrong,certain aspects of the metal scene needed to be killed off,such as signing bands for their image over the quality of their music and the pay for play situations that were going on in L.A.,but they could have done something other than give us crap like Nirvana. Another genre I can't stand is what used to be referred to as "bubblegum",or "rock" for teenage girls. Just how "Complicated" can the life of an average 15 yr old white girl living in the suburbs be anyway? The late 90's fag-punk movement,like Green Day,Weezer,Cracker,Cake,and any number of similiar bands is also a constant reminder of how bad the music industry has sunk. Does anyone else want to puke when Marcy Playground comes on the radio? Here's an interesting phenomenon,especially in my part of the country. It seems like AC/DC has become a "southern rock" band,becuse everyone I can think of that likes Skynyrd digs them too,good simple driving rock that rednecks can relate to. I also have a well rooted dislike of the new style "wanna be a gangsta" type rap,the kind that drives suburban average joe white kids to wearing velour and wearing big ass gaudy jewelry,thinking it looks cool,these guys are worse than the poseurs that used to wear the leather pants and Union Jack t-shirts back in the 80's. Oh by the way,I have a bright red Sean John velour running suit that I wear to pool tournaments,for reasons of comfort alone,not aesthetic value,it was the only one they had in my size at the time. Tommy D.
        "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

So about 70% of all metal made during the 80's is right out the window. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [/QB]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hmm, that figures, now I get why I am not into 80s metal...

although...it also might have something to do with my age [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Harrald

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ...Nitro...ahhhhhhh I do have both of their albums , not that I listen to them ...

I bought them because of Michael Angelo (Batio)....

Same with Vinnie Vincent's Invasion...I own both of his too.....but please don't tell anyone.. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Besides his solos (that was speed up )....but how in the hell can you listen to this shit and not feel gay??????!!!!!!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

So Horns, your motto is "Deat to False Metal" then? Not my take, but I can respect that.
              "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Why do some claim they hate 80's Hairband metal but then post elsewhere about how much they love old Van Halen or Iron Maiden or Kiss, etc. Um, Hello folks...these were "Hair Bands". [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

Everyone assumes that the word Hairband only refers to Poison or Warrant. I don't even listen to that stuff. What about Sabbath, Priest, Dio, Scorps, Metallica, Megadeth, Queensryche? All hairbands folks. These guys paved the way for all New Metal that exists today. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Its really all about what you grew up with. I'm 37 and like 80's metal. A friend of mine is 43 and likes 70's Hard Rock. The term "Heavy Metal" originated as a way to describe early heavy bands like Judas Priest and Sabbath. Before then, heavy rock music was only called Hard Rock. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Even Dream Theater was something of a hairband back in the day. Mind you, they didn't play your normal hairband metal, but they sure had the look going.

Comment

Sabbath, Priest, Dio, Scorps, Metallica, Megadeth, Queensryche? All hairbands folks
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Are you serious? Been taking bong hits lately?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Sabbath, Priest, Dio, Scorps, Metallica, Megadeth, Queensryche? All hairbands folks
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Are you serious? Been taking bong hits lately? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Any 80's metal band where the members had long hair is considered a hairband. Unfortunately they ALL get lumped in together. Ever listen to Dee Snider's "House of Hair" radio show? Everyband I mentioned is played...they are all considered hair bands. Hence the term "Hair". They weren't all bald. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

What the hell did the hair got to do with metal, Shit? If your hairy as an Angora cat, or the band(s) you like are... if your bald as an egg, or the band(s) you like are, what's the fuck? if you're white, black, latin, oriental, if you rise in "hair" bands age, glamour bands age, rap age, alternative rock age, NWOBHM age, maybe the music you like the must is the most popular one in wich you rise. So, you have the right to listen to whatever you want to, if other people don't like it, fuck it up. If you enjoy Death, Black, Doom, Satan Metal; Heavy Metal; Hard Rock; Soft Rock; Pop Rock; Country; Rap; Salsa; Merengue; Mambo; Cultural Music, all of them, (including Mariachi)... ENJOY IT ! and FUCK ALL THE REST.

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Amen Morbid! You're absolutely right. I respect everyone's right to listen to what they like. No sense in getting bent out of shape.

At least in this country we have the right and freedom to listen to what we want and not have to conform to one way of life or risk getting EXECUTED for it.

But I have to say it...."Thank God for the British Metal Invasion of the 80's!" [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Peace.

Comment

"Music is more than a haircut." - Nuno Bettencourt
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
                              "Music is more than a haircut." - Nuno Bettencourt
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You got that right. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
                                "Blame it on my youth." - Mr. Big
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Where do you get all those cool Rock Star quotes? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X