Music or Bands you Hate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Music or Bands you Hate!

I can't believe some of yall said you hate country music....dont know what yall are listening to...but obviously youve got it on the wrong country station...., but then again, this is coming from the woman that let Eddie Montgomery from Montgomery Gentry lick her leg....

Mrs LPC

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
      Man, who pissed in your Wheaties, Ralphie? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      A bunch of us were just correcting Powell on his wrong assertion that certain true metal bands were "hair metal". [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nobody, I just felt like I read enuff "Hair Metal" bashing. I get sick of it after a while. This from the same guys who love Nirvana (who wouldn't know what to do with a tuner if it hit them in the head).

Where do you make the distinction between "hair metal" and "real metal" (and who really cares anyway)? As I recall, Judas Priest (who I like BTW) had a few songs called "Turbo Lover" and "Parental Guidance". How's that not "hair metal"?

Megadeth - Give me a break, everytime they released a single it was the most commercial song on the record (and usually the only good one too). Like that was an accident.

Dio - "Hungry for Heaven", enuff said.

I just don't get where you draw the lines to classify this stuff. The era was about catchy, "commercial" riffs, different bands just approached the delivery in different ways.

R

Comment

Country music sucks. Talk about an iron-fisted regime - try going into C&W or any such derivative controlled my Nashville - you HAVE to conform to their mindset if you want a gig.
        Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, and Willie Nelson - that's all the Country you will ever need [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        Clint Black was ok, but no one can ever touch The Greats. They were the only ones who didn't fucking WHINE about shit [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "Lawst mah dawg/ muh girl ran away/boo hoo hoo like a sissy all day" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Hee Haw, on the other hand, stomped ass over every TV show known to man - especially the babes (no, Ron, Minnie Pearl was NOT a babe [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Remember when Tim McGraw was the "big shit" in Country? He was paid $250 a week, while raking in MILLIONS for the label.
        His marriage to Faith Hill? [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
        Staged by the Nashville powers. She lived in Cali with her finace, he lived in TN with his girlfriend.

Alabama's first national tour featured them on stage, and the musicians who recorded the album UNDER the stage playing the music.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, and Willie Nelson - that's all the Country you will ever need
          Clint Black was ok, but no one can ever touch The Greats. They were the only ones who didn't fucking WHINE about shit
          "Lawst mah dawg/ muh girl ran away/boo hoo hoo like a sissy all day"
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Im not going to go into the "my opinion is right and everyone else is wrong". Theres no way to win that argument here. But, dont stereotype. Although I will agree that alot of new country is all this whine...some isnt....try some Trace Adkins..he tends to like to sing about cars..hence his song "Chrome" and women...the song "One Hot Mama". Plus country does have some decent music behind it, if its not slow, and singing about how they lost their trailer...you cant beat it for a good redneck drunk too...

Mrs LPC [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
            His marriage to Faith Hill? [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
            Staged by the Nashville powers. She lived in Cali with her finace, he lived in TN with his girlfriend.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That damn Memphis Mafia! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Dr. Dre= Musician. The rappers who rap over his music, No . But most DJ's are great muscian's, just not the normal musician you think of
              I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

What eclectic tangents this thread formed! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                  Dio: Sword Metal
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What the hell is Sword Metal? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I haven't heard much Dio, but from what I gather, I thought they were more of the "heavy metal" thing. Is sword metal some hilarious variation? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RacerX:
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What the hell is Sword Metal? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I haven't heard much Dio, but from what I gather, I thought they were more of the "heavy metal" thing. Is sword metal some hilarious variation? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've never really heard of that term myself, but Dio's lyrics are for the most part rooted in science fantasy... You know, dragons, wizards, swords, demons, that kinda stuff...
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Bah!! Those're the typical topics of power metal and all its splendor. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Sword Metal sounds like a derivative of the pure art: VIKING METAL!!
                        Think MANOWAR "From a battle we have come, to a battle we ride, hold your hammers high" etc.
                        Does it get any better? [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Is sword metal some hilarious variation? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep. Think Manowar, Dio, Crescent Shield.

Comment

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RacerX:
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What the hell is Sword Metal? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I haven't heard much Dio, but from what I gather, I thought they were more of the "heavy metal" thing. Is sword metal some hilarious variation? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No friend, sword metal is playing your guitar with a sword in your heavy metal band. But you must be carefull, strings could be easyly cut, and you may be injure.
                            [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by morbid:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What the hell is Sword Metal? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I haven't heard much Dio, but from what I gather, I thought they were more of the "heavy metal" thing. Is sword metal some hilarious variation? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No friend, sword metal is playing your guitar with a sword in your heavy metal band. But you must be carefull, strings could be easyly cut, and you may be injure.
                              [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Am I right, Racerx?

Comment

Eh, let's get back to Roxy Petrucci's ass! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X