X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Music or Bands you Hate!

Originally posted by RacerX:
    Eh, let's get back to Roxy Petrucci's ass! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I really don't like any of the SUPER groups that are formed. Like the Firm and the one with STYX members with Ted Nugent. Aisa I think was one too. Music wise, I Hate power ballads like stuff from Journey and Styx. Is it required to have at least 1 ballad on a record? Plus, I can't change the dial fast enough when Starway to Heaven or Freebird come on the station.
      ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Yeah, I think supergruops are generally a good example of "too many cooks spoiling the broth". They tend to become parade ground for ego and pomp... [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

As for power ballads, hmm, generally a lowly form of soft metal, but when youre REALLY in the mood for one, man there aint NOTHIN' better. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Well it is all opinion, but the bands I hate are basically not because they aren't talented (although quite a few are) but because they annoy the livin shit outta me!
          I like a few country songs but not many. My musical taste is extremely diverse! Everything from Disco to Death Metal! I know, the dreaded disco! Hey, it's shit I grew up listening to. I love the Bee Gees!!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I used to get a kick outta blasting Staying Alive in my car while looking like a total metalhead! People would look at me like "What the fuck???? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] "

I do HATE rap! Except for a couple catchy songs. I have no respect for those guys. If you have to make up a word to get it to rhyme, then you aren't talented in my book!

Comment

Bands I hate: Rush, Van Hagar, Hagar, Black Crows, Dave Matthews, and I won't even get into the MANY MANY others!!!! The bands I mentioned, I hate with a passion!

Comment

Now it's my turn to respond on this thread...

I personally believe that there is too much that I need to learn as a musician to hate anything. There may be some artists that don't necessarily pique my interest, but to hate them is too narrow of a stance. For example, as I was growing up, it was all metal all day, all night. If you didn't have an electric guitar on 11, then you weren't worth squat!! Then my father (a non-musician) opened my eyes (or actually ears) to stuff like John Cougar Mellencamp, the Rolling Stones, David Bowie, and the Beatles. (OK, I've always been into the Beatles) For a while I was vehemently against anything that didn't shred, but as I grew older I started listening to it and I realized that my narrow mind was stunting my growth. I never would have been introduced to a lot of music that I currently listen to and love if I had continued on that path.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

I like music that makes me want to run to my guitar and want to play.....Van Halen did that to me back in '78

and Nevermore does that to me now ...

I haven't change since elementary school...

except for my PP ....it used to be so much happier then , in the days of metal and shred ....I blame the fat boys ...and all those stupid noises that they made ...sounded like queefs coming out of every square inch of those obese chili dogs.....

then I blame Nirvana ....

I went underground ...(european metal) for the last ten years ...Metal got better and better ....shred got better and better ...

just not here .....instead we got "queefs" coming out of obese manitus....and some fag in a womans sweater with a needle stuck in his taint playing a fender Jagaur with two strings on it ....now THAT'S MUSIC...!!!! [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

QUEEFS and SWEATERS.....American pop circa 1990 - 1996!!!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Then from 1996 to 2003 our National launguage was ebonics

Now let's thank the almighty Horned one for bringing guitar and "musicianship" back to us and to me ....thank you oh mighty horned one...you truly rule [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Of course it was Satan ...God likes Lawrence Welk and Don Ho , Pat Boone and Barry Manilow and probably Kenny G...that's all he plays in heaven ...that's why I'm not goin' there ....I rather listen to a Queefing Manitua while wearing a blue granda sweater with two , maybe three strings on my Jaguar.. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

In hell I get to hear Morbid Angel and everything I like.. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

What's wrong with these nippleheads..

[ April 17, 2004, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah, I wish I was more versatile where music is concerned. I've tried so many times to broaden my musical tastes and listen to non-metal but I just cant break old habits. I always drift back to the same style.

Well, honestly I do like Journey and John Waite when he was with the Babys. I absolutely just can't get into stuff like Tom Petty and John Cougar, or anything similar. It just leaves me snoozing. [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

Comment

"Blame it on my youth." - Mr. Big
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Sounds like it's Bong Time again at the Z household! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..I just read that and choked ....now I burpin' puffs of smoke ...

I hate that!!! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Don't make me laugh while I'm bongin' ....well bowlin' [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

"bowling for foodstamps" ...now that would be a great show ... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by THETRIUMPHOFSTEEL:
                          Yeah, I think supergruops are generally a good example of "too many cooks spoiling the broth". They tend to become parade ground for ego and pomp... [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">some of that stuff is pretty nice. I really like a couple of songs by liquid tension experiment; when the water breaks, another dimension, paradigm shift and so on. actually, I like most of the songs [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Harrald

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
                            in the days of metal and shred ....I blame the fat boys ...and all those stupid noises that they made ...sounded like queefs coming out of every square inch of those obese chili dogs.....
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ahhhh, Horns, the Sugar Hill Gang didn't made those stupid noises... Do they suck too? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I liked the movie the fat boys were in. it appealed to my middle school sense of humor back then. especially when they blow the shit out of the old grandfather clock with their uzies. Is that how uzi is spelled in plural?

whatever.

I hate....pop punk. That shit sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
                                I liked the movie the fat boys were in. it appealed to my middle school sense of humor back then. especially when they blow the shit out of the old grandfather clock with their uzies.
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Disorderlies. Man, that movie rocked!
                                Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                                X