Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Music or Bands you Hate!

Originally posted by RacerX:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Gary Powell:
    I hate Death Metal and anything negative because I'm all about Life, not Death. I enjoy my life and I like fun, energetic bang your head, play air-guitar type of Metal. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So, Gary, you must like Euro- power-metal, like Helloween, right? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Or, as Melanie calls it, Happy Metal! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think there was one Helloween song I liked, but I can't remember it? I like over 150 or so Metal Bands from the 80's early 90's but Helloween was never one of them. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh, you should check them out, then! BTW I got dibs on the term Life Metal! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
      (Death Metal style with life-affirming, maybe even "happy" lyrics) [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The thing I "hate" about music right now is it seems like every time I turn on the radio all that's playing is Disturbed, Staind, or Godsmack. Those three must be the cash cows of most rock stations anymore, they play them round the clock, year after year.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
          Oh, you should check them out, then! BTW I got dibs on the term Life Metal! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
          (Death Metal style with life-affirming, maybe even "happy" lyrics) [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm just not an angry fellow. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I f'n hate rap and kiss......is gene and paul really still alive?

Comment

I hate Kevin Dubrow and I'll prove it.
              http://www.metal-sludge.com/DuBrowInJail.htm
              [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hmm, I'm trying to figure out what to say to defend what I like, but you know what it's not worth it. I like what I like and you like what you like. I love 90% of what everyone else likes here, but I also like some stuff that people here don't like, oh well.
                I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

DuBrow "lives with his mother, and he can't even afford a car -- he borrows hers. Although he once boasted an income of $500,000 a year, he no longer owns any property and owes $54,000 in back taxes. He claims to have only made between $18,000 and $25,000 last year from a brief stint as a Las Vegas disc jockey and scattered Quiet Riot club tours that pay him just $200 to $250 a show."

Oofah, how the mighty have fallen! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

A. Pulverizer, I can remember when that happened..I was 14 at the time and Quiet Riot and Dee Snider were playing a show at a club in downtown Charlotte. I was pissed because I couldn't get into the place (too young), but I heard about Kevin getting arrested on the news and thought it was scandalous! Dee sang for QR that night, and I was sorry that I missed the show...it was about the time when I was getting into all the 80s bands.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
                      Any white boy who could look me in the eye and tell me they can relate to the messages of rap music is a pathetic , phony , idiotic moron a "wannabe"
                      <snip>
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You don't have to relate to it to enjoy it. Kinda like a movie. It's entertainment for me, ya know? There is at least some good music in every genre.
                      "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

I hate

Dave Matthews
                        John Mayer
                        any other poser fag that sings "sensitive" songs. I see past the facade...its all bullshit. There is nothing emotional or heartfelt in any of their crap songs. THey can suck my ass.

GO TO HELL JOHN MAYER. YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
                          when is it Racist to not like a certain genre of music that is not made for you ...I don't like Mariachi ...but Mexicans do , most Black people don't like Polka and metal or country ...does that make them racist ...NO!!!!

Stay true to who and what you are ...whether it's black or white or mexican we can still get along and have our own cultures ....you can't force someones culture down another's throat.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

I LOVE heavy metal, like some thrash metal, like some speed metal, like some "evil" metal, like Christian metal, and like only Run DMC and Public Enemy... BUT STILL HATE MARIACHI MUSIC [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] .

TRUE PEOPLE [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Bands that suck, but have redeeming qualities:
                            Lamb of God (ditch the singer, then we'll talk)
                            Aerosmith
                            Led Zeppelin (the whole is lesser than the sum of the parts, IMO)
                            The End
                            As I Lay Dying (christ in a blender, someone kill the fucker that produced that shitty fucking kick drum sound)

Bands that suck and have no redeeming qualities:
                            Uphill Battle
                            Anything played on Top 40 radio
                            Modern country music
                            Pretty much all rap (I want my Public Enemy back)

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
                              Have you checked out their old stuff with Hillel Slovak and Jack Irons? That stuff rocks in a way that few bands ever have.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't even know who those guys are. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I'd be shocked to hear anything that remotely resembles rock music by the Silly Peckers.

Comment

Hillel was their old guitarist, his main influences were Jimi Hendrix, Ace Frehley, and Joe Perry, which he added with a dash of funk, but I guess those guys aren't anything REMOTELY close to rock huh.

Comment

Working...
                                X