Music or Bands you Hate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Music or Bands you Hate!

I hate Cookie Monster vocals, especially when the vocalist is trying too hard to sound evil, and it comes out as toneless or comedic [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I despise the "woo woo woo baby bay-beh" type shit that you get bombarded with whenever you walk into a WalMart electronics department. I hate that Moby shit. And don't get me started on Pop (i.e. primary focus is on the actual singer like Britny, not on the musicians who are doing the hard work).
    I hate Rap and all forms of it.
    I hate Electronic Music (Techno, Rave, etc etc). NIN sucked.

Molly Fucking Hatchet - they had the most Heavy Metal album covers and the weakest Hillbilly sound - like half-Skynrd [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I hate musical masturbation no matter how technically brilliant the players are - if there's nothing to it EXCEPT the technical prowess, it's masturbation.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

can't say i hate country, cuz i love johnny cash, and other artists of that genre, but i'm not a fan of the top 40 country.

can't say that i hate rap, but i don't like the thug aspect of it, and the posturing. granted, hair metal was full of posturing, but i could relate to it. i find nothing cool in gold teeth and 20" spinner rims.

can't say that i hate jazz, cuz i love alot of old big band stuff, and vocalists like billie holiday. however, i think fusion is music for math nerds..much like dream theater is metal for the math/chess club. more on that later

can't say that i hate r&b, but i don't know if i can think of any artist from that genre that i like. i don't like the sterility of alot of the production of that genre, though

can't say that i hate polkas, as brave combo is a great fuckin band, and a hell of a lot of fun to see live.

can't say that i hate latin music as long as flamenco guitar and shakira [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] are around.

can't say that i hate bluegrass, as i like alison krauss' band.

can't say that i hate techno/industrial, as NIN was one of the best concerts i ever saw.

i can say that i'm not a fan of death metal and its subgenres... it never appealed to me, and often times sounds silly to me. i also can't stand metallica, and blame them for 85% of the mullet population that survived the mid 80s. however, i did try to like them, (iron maiden too) it just never stuck. as shallow as i might be, image counts for something with me. if it doesn't look appealing on some level, i'll have a hard time enjoying it. i also really don't care for dream theater. actually, i can't stand them one bit. i wanted to like them when i heard they were covering funeral for a friend, but my god, it was so sterile. as talented as each player is, i'm sure they'd have panic attacks if they went out of tune a microtone, or god forbid, broke a string. they need to shoot heroin, hell, just see a naked girl for once, and learn how to rock. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

metal rant notwithstanding, do you see where i'm goin with this? there's good stuff in many places, you just have to look and keep your mind open. i find threads like these scary in their closedmindedness.

sully

[ April 14, 2004, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: jsullysix ]
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

hate is a strong word!

I never like Guns and Roses. I don't like cookiemonster vocals in metal. REM type bands do nothing for me...as does most pop music for that matter [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Well it's nice to see I'm in good company ..

I >>>>DETEST<<<< RAP the day it was born ...including R & B and any cookie cutter corparate Rock ...Linkin' Park , Limp Bisciut Creed , Godsmack ..yada yada.......new Metallica ...crap crap crap!!!! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

They all sound the same I can't tell Pearl Jam from Creed and Metallica from Godsmack anymore... [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

I'm not a fan of country but I guess I don't hate it ...but I just strongly dislike it!!!

For Me ...it's only METAL and Classical Vivaldi , pagannini...and some classic rock stuff like Zep / Boston / A. Cooper and that shit!!

I hate Popular music in general ....since the days of disco back in 1978 (thank Satan for VH)....but at least disco (in hindsight) had some decent bass grooves!!!!

Rap is is equal to monkeys finger painting IMO...some swear that it is art [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] ....but to me it still monkeys fingerpainting!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

BTW on my main car my sis had a sticker made for me with a kid pissin' on the words "rap music" ....people actually love that sticker ...I get honks and thumbs up constantly ...so I know I'm not alone in my feelings!!!!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelMadeja:
            I like Metal bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu, Killswitch Engage, and As I Lay Dying.

You guys probably never heard of the stuff i listen to [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Eh, I've met the guys from Atreyu, and seen Killswitch live. Actually Killswitch are discussed quite a bit here on the JCF! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
              I hate Cookie Monster vocals, and it comes out as toneless or comedic [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Heh, I'd say most CM vocals ARE comedic! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
              Cradle of Filth OR Hecate Enthroned type screeching can be giggle-inducing also....

Comment

I hate
                AC/DC- Every song's the same

Boston- Just hate them

Dave Matheuws(sp?)- Just hate him too

Any of the new popular rock that's on mtv/radio today. i.e. nickleback/creed/limp bizqT. They just don't sound good. I started to kinda like korn but like 6 years ago jonathon davis said korn was the first band to mix rap and metal and I took that as disrepect to anthrax so I hate them now.

I'm not a big pearl jam fan, I prefer mother love bone.

I like a lot of rap, just not the made up poser stuff, like sully said.

I love pop/popular music that girls would listen too. It impresses them that I can play most of it on guitar, therefore gets me a little action
                I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I hate Rush. Also most prog rock.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by MichaelMadeja:
                    I like Metal bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu, Killswitch Engage, and As I Lay Dying.

You guys probably never heard of the stuff i listen to [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Eh, I've met the guys from Atreyu, and seen Killswitch live. Actually Killswitch are discussed quite a bit here on the JCF! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm friends with Killswitch (Adam D is gonna be recording our next CD as a matter of fact)
                    That's they type of shit I like...bands like Killswitch..Atreyu, As I Lay Dying, Darkest Hour, Lamb Of God.

Stuff I hate?....Rap,Cûñtry<--- [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] , and The Darkness! Will someone shoot that pansy already?! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I'll also put a vote in for the darkness. REM and raidiohead too. Never understood any colloge music. And hippie music. Damn Hippie's

Comment

DR plays guitar ....hates AC/DC and Boston but loves Rap... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

it's safe to say that not only am I very confused (more like disturbed) but also hate his tase in music as well...NO SHIT!!!!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Oh and Rap doesn't all sound the same ...OH nooooooooooooooo not at all!!!!! [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

It's not that I hate AC/DC, it's they just bore me. Plus here in seattle KISW plays 10 AC/DC songs for every VH song. I actually did the math for a whole week at work and that's how much AC/DC they play. Phil Rudd is a great drummer and Bon ruled but just not my thing.

Boston has almost the same story but it's still fake 70's pop rock, kinda like creed today.

Rap music is an aquaried(sp?) taste. Probally the only reson I listen to Rap/R&B/Pop is that my sister has listened to those genre's her whole life, and has worked offically and unoffically for the biggest Rap/R&B/Pop station here in seattle since she was 12. As a trade off my sister also listens to alot of the stuff I listen too. It would be impossable to list all the music I listen to. I have music from over 450 different bands and over 3200 songs.

Another reason I like rap is that being a drummer, I like to hear beats and rythems and use them in my music. Go to the what are you listening to thread and look at my posts. Everything from Slayer, COB. To Mandy Moore and MAriah Carey. I think you limit yourself as a person if you don't give all music a fair chance.

[ April 14, 2004, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Drsracing ]

Comment

There is not much I don't like. Back in the 80s I was like several on here if it wasn't from my favorite band or style of music(the L.A. metal scene) I hated it. But I have opened my ears to several different styles ie blues, pop, classical, disco, acid rock, country, blue grass.
                            There are very few thing I hate in music. The main one is pop country I can't stand to hear someone from anywhere sing in a fake over exaggerated southern accent. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard.
                            Maybe at 34 I'm getting to old to understand metal but lately it has become a mockery of itself. No band has a singer their frontman growls(that must take an awful lot of talent),but some of the music still rocks. With their stage sets, painted faces, and the mutilation of dead animals they have become again what Spinal Tap was making fun of. I see some of these bands on tv and they try and act so tough all I can do is laugh at them. They take themselves to seriously.
                            Diablomozart your band is tight I guess I am dinosaur also.

Comment

Rap is forbidden in my presence, never heard a rap song i liked, never plan to
                              (Its amazing i am like this after having to go to correctional school in Trenton NJ where the main lanuage used was ebaniks....its safe to say i stuck out like a sore thumb)
                              there probably isnt a country album i would buy, but i kinda like it, i can tolerate it, i'll say its OK
                              Nu-metal, R&B, pop music, punk, emo.......cant hack that shit either

granted, disturbed and godsmack are OK

Nirvana......if there was ever a band i hated most....it is Nirvana

Alice in chains was so much better than Kurt Kocain on his best day.....he was truely a waste of sperm

hmmmm,if it is metal its for me.......proto-metal of sabbath and zep....to judas priest and van halen, to metallica and exodus and megadeth, to death, morbid angel and deicide....to pantera and BLS and Iced Earth....even hair metal.....and alot more than that

and classic rock is great too

Comment

I don't like the most of alternative rock music. I said: I don't like, but dammed, what I hate is mariachi music man. Excuse me mexicans, that's your traditional music, and I respect, but everybody got the right to have their opinions.

Mariachi music make me [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X