Music or Bands you Hate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Music or Bands you Hate!

I hate bands that suck you in with their original kick ass sounds, allow you to become a fan, and then change their sound to get more mainstream or sell albums. Metallica is the biggest fucking whore out of all of them, but the list includes Kiss, Aerosmith, VH, Megadeth, etc. I can't even listen to old Metallica without getting pissed off now. Damage Inc. my ass.

Brett

Comment

Originally posted by brett8388:
      I hate bands that suck you in with their original kick ass sounds, allow you to become a fan, and then change their sound to get more mainstream or sell albums. Metallica is the biggest fucking whore out of all of them, but the list includes Kiss, Aerosmith, VH, Megadeth, etc. I can't even listen to old Metallica without getting pissed off now. Damage Inc. my ass.

Brett
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
        I hate Rush. Also most prog rock.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">holy crap....i couldn't agree more. metal for the math club, once again.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorX7:
          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RacerX:
          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by MichaelMadeja:
          I like Metal bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu, Killswitch Engage, and As I Lay Dying.

You guys probably never heard of the stuff i listen to [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Eh, I've met the guys from Atreyu, and seen Killswitch live. Actually Killswitch are discussed quite a bit here on the JCF! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm friends with Killswitch (Adam D is gonna be recording our next CD as a matter of fact)
          That's they type of shit I like...bands like Killswitch..Atreyu, As I Lay Dying, Darkest Hour, Lamb Of God.

Stuff I hate?....Rap,Cûñtry<--- [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] , and The Darkness! Will someone shoot that pansy already?! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
          </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">holy crap, thats so awesome, i wish i knew some of the bands i listen to.

anyway i could get a autograph [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
            there's good stuff in many places, you just have to look and keep your mind open. i find threads like these scary in their closedmindedness.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Agreed! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelMadeja:
              i could get a autograph [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RacerX:
                I hate Rush. Also most prog rock.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">holy crap....i couldn't agree more. metal for the math club, once again.

sully
                </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">awww, did you get kicked out of the math club? why so angry?

Comment

can't say that i hate latin music as long as flamenco guitar and shakira are around.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

and to avenged and such bands - i know them , avenged had one cool song i remember - it was on the goodlife recordings videotape ,altough i'm more into brutal metalcore (no shit like hatebreed) than that.

as i lay dying - vote no , i have one of their cd's and i really dislike it.

Comment

Sorry , I'm so white.....

It's actually a black thang or white thing...IMO

My main influences on bass was Louis Johnson and Bootsy Collins ...and that was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy before it was fashionable for a white kid (me) to like or even appreciate "Black" music...but the key word here is "music" and muscianship...Rap has none of that ...that wasn't Rap's intention ...it was just plain militant to "spread the word" ...."fight the power" , "kill whitey" kinda shit..."fuck da police" ...words that sicken me basically..

but I do Love old Motown shit ...like the Brother's Johnson and anything that James Jamerson did ....he was the first "funk" bassist in my book...he was slappin' it back in '62.

So in hindsight Funk and disco required and involved muscianship of very high calibre...

Rap on the other hand is .....just words , expression and and extremely millitant attitude and mindset....not music!!!

My kid is a drummer , he's nine and can smoke most players I know......so he listens to music and players that best inspire him ...Dave Lombardo , Nick Barker , John Bonham , Alex Van Halen , Phil Rudd and yada yada .......you get the message ....not Emenem , P-Diddy , DMX , Master P ...maybe just for laughs because it sounds ridiculous to most normal white people who can't relate to the message...and I don't want to "realate" to it ! [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Rap was invented in Jail and in the ghetto mostly by the Black Panthers...withoput musical instruments ...it was created not by a musical influence just by a angry militant motive...even during the late days of Jimi Hendrix ....Hendrix even thought they were full of shit ... They tried to give the brotha a guilt trip...

I don't see much black people scrambling to buy the new Lamb of God CD or any Slayer crap , WHY you ask ... because they can't relate to it , nor do they want to... [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

some may not agree with what I say (because they're STUPID) but most people do ....because I'm absolutely right like always ...and I rule!!!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Differnt strokes for different folks ... except for a few who are a bit confused. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Bill Z Bub

[ April 15, 2004, 07:25 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill's got a point (or two if you look closely at his head [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] ) - however, the Rap of today was actually started back in the 30's and 40's in the night clubs in Harlem and Chicago. Anyone remember a cable network called The Nostalgia Channel? Anyhoo, they showed all these old clips from the extremely early days of "talkies" (movies, basically), including clips of Cab Calloway and such back in the olden days performing in the clubs.
                      Anyways, one night they showed these two black guys singing a song, except they weren't "singing", they were rhyming to a simple Jazz shuffle, much in the same manner as Snoop Dogg, Dr Dre, Run DMC, etc etc.
                      Though is wasn't really called "Rap" at the time; it was known as a "talking song".
                      "Rap" sprang from group therapy sessions in the 70's where people would sit around and discuss their personal issues openly and engage in debates and such - otherwise known as "Rap Sessions", for "rapport" - communication.
                      The first person I ever heard use the term "Rap" to describe a song was - believe it or not - Country legend Kenny Rogers [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] - this was just before or right about the same time as his superhit "The Gambler", and he was on some TV show like Donny and Marie or Johnny Carson - some shit like that.

Anyhoo, that's how Rap got started. It was never "a black thang" until it turned into Gangsta Rap, because the only people who could identify with it were the other useless dregs and leeches of society who were too lazy to get a real job and wound up living outside the law for a fast buck and a free fuck.
                      It insults me personally to see a lazy mutherfucker who did not learn to play an instrument other than a pistol and a b1tch rolling around in 24k gold and a shiny new Lexus living the life of luxury for singing about selling, buying, or killing for dope, pussy, or beer, raking in millions of dollars in album sales. And no, it's not offensive because I'm white or because they're not white - it's offensive because they got everything by NOT working for it.

Oh, and another band I hate: Aerosmith. Their best songs were done before "Done With Mirrors" - back in the pre-hab days. Everything they've done since their reunion sounds identical. "Love in an Elevator" cannot hold a candle to "Dream On".

Newc
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I hate:
                        Country
                        Christian Rock
                        The Darkness
                        Weezer
                        Blink 182
                        Chevelle
                        Sum 41
                        The Darkness
                        teeny bop
                        The Darkness
                        The Darkness
                        The Darkness
                        Victor Wooten when he does his own music
                        The Darkness
                        American Idol

And The Darkness

Comment

Wow NEWC I actually did see some of that old footage in the days of the Cotton Club ...I thought the "Rap" was brought into popularity during the late sixties with very angry , militant messages accompanied by bongos ...just like the white Beatniks was doing with poetry in coffee houses...

So white people were kind of doing the same thing ...but not so pissed off.

Well I guess Black people had some good reasons for being pissed off back then .......then!

When I was in high school ...makin' out with a chick was called "Rappin'" ...anyone else rememeber that???!!!

But when I'm stuck in traffic and hear some Gangsta bullshit coming from the auto next to me cranked with 5000 watts of power ....all I could do is look them in the eye (usually a white dickhead or dickheads) stare at them while holding them the finger until they get the message ....and Oh yes they do get the message !!!!!!!!....never had one "challenge' me yet ...

because well ....I'm me . [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I don't recommend most people doing this ... [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

only if you have that certain "charm" like I possess or maybe Ron , or my bro CM ...you have to have the heart and 'tude to do this effectively (like me)....and size helps too....and in case that doesn't work ...my S & W does but I never had to go there!!!!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

otherwise you'll get your ass kicked ...

[ April 15, 2004, 08:14 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The Paul and Gene Project

Metalli.... can't even complete their name

ZZ Top [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Michael Jackson

There's more but those immediately come to my head.

Comment

I hate the singer in the Darkness ....he sounds like Tiny Tim with a jackhammer shoved up his ass....not cool ...I repeat >>>>NOT COOL<<<<<...He makes King Diamond sound like Dan Swano or Akerfeldt..

otherwise they are decent muscians...

Comment

Did I mention I hate Rap ...

My dad hates rap , my mom hates rap , my wife hates rap , my son hates rap , his friends hates rap , the rest of my family hates rap , all my friends hate rap , my dog hates rap , I don't know one single decent individual in person who likes rap ...

the key word here is decent... [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X