Rhoads Signature Marshall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
    thats just not true man. jakes tone was awesome on the ultimate sin. really big and heavy. i thought diary was rushed and just generic for the most part. some of the songs sounded like they'd actually just reworked a few blizzard songs. over the mountain kicks ass tho.
    Guess that is why Ozzy said that The Ultimate Sin was an embarrassment. Besides the only thing that changed was someone told Jake he sounded like crap so he tuned down for the US album. Still sounds like Jake though.

Back on topic...the RR signature amp sounds awesome and is a tribute to Randy and his family.

Comment

There was link on Dougs page - He did demo this amp - playing sounds great as well...

This was posted by Ian Faz in another thread..
      Pretty cool...Doug at the Marshall booth.

http://www.licklibrary.com/player/re...aspx?intID=761
      Click on Watch Now
      Last edited by Wayniac; 02-05-2008, 08:36 PM.

Comment

maybe some one like zakk would have ben better to play randy stuff?
        i'd rather hear my gramma getting cornholed than listen to zakk play randy's solos. imo, he butchers randy's material.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
          Depends what tone we're talking about- If we're talking about the studio album tones I am in complete agreement---Mosquito in a box is a perfect descriptor. Listen to the start of "I Don't Know" and there you have it.

However, his live tone, as evidenced on Tribute, is gigantic. His lows are like thunder & the highs absolutely scream. His rhythm on that album is just gargantuan & just fills the room.

Or maybe I'm just a fanboy. Tribute changed my life. I am not unbiased here.

Compare/Contrast/Discuss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTsvwBkVdKw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hwq3nNHyPI

Vass

You nailed it right there! This is why people disagree...

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
            i'd rather hear my gramma getting cornholed than listen to zakk play randy's solos. imo, he butchers randy's material.
            sully
            Whereas Jake totally nailed them, in my opinion. I remember seeing the "Speak of the Devil" tour in '83 , we're expecting to see Brad Gillis (his picture was in the program we'd just purchased), and when the band comes out, we're like "Who the hell is this guy?" But he was nailing it. I think Jake is highly underrated. There's some great stuff on "Bark at the Moon". He had some big shoes to fill, and he stepped in and did admirably.
            I do think "The Ultimate Sin" was kinda "Ozzy goes glam" and some of the songs were filler, but Jake is a smokin' guitar player in my book.

Badlands kicked ass, too.

Comment

That clip of Doug playing through the head sounded great, then again he could make anything sound killer.
              I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenScratch View Post
                I don't get it, I always hated Randy's tone. Moster player but his tone's not so great.

Oh well, the RR fans will snap them up pretty quickly.
                Peace

For the guys who dislike Randy's tone are you talking about his recordings or live, Max Norman tried getting a strange sound on the records while did great acoustically with guitars.

Randy got the Marshalls just before the first tour, while yet recorded both records with other heads in England.
                He used a combination (not just ONE head) to get this tone., back in those days you did not have the great JCM800 series as of yet so the high gain was a complicated issue.

Check out a good recording of his sound on July 8th 1981 @ the Providence Oceon State Theatre, U.S.A. (better then the Tribute recording!)
                Sandoval PDFV Suicide Solution http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/2/...20Solution.mp3
                Sandoval PDFV and Jackson WH-V on Solo http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/2/...ion%20Solo.mp3
                Gibson LP on Children of the grave http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/2/6/740818/Randy%20Rhoads/Children%20of%20the%20grave.mp3
                Last edited by Gabriel Raphael; 02-08-2008, 10:39 AM.

Comment

i'm not denying doug hasn't got great tone, but he's not exactly appropriate, unless he's now claiming he's a huge randy fan. maybe some one like zakk would have ben better to play randy stuff?

I think Doug is way more appropriate then zakk. Zakk is a berserk on guitar, that works (IMO!), on the black label stuff really good, but I don't like him playing the old Ozzy Stuff, he is messing it up. Dougs way of playing is way closer to Randys then Zakks, I think he fits in there with the amp really good. Dougs articulation and his playing is is just way more technical and more precise then Zakks.
                  "Don't mess with the Pudel of Death!"

Comment

sully
                    you sick fuck!!!!!!
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

well, at least you understand how strongly i feel about zakk playing randy's stuff.
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

well, at least you understand how strongly i feel about zakk playing randy's stuff.
                        I can say that Randy's Mom also agrees with you.

The real sick Fucks are the ones who think they can be RANDY! haha :ROTF: get it MATE, Randy.....

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel Raphael View Post
                          I can say that Randy's Mom also agrees with you.

The real sick Fucks are the ones who think they can be RANDY! haha :ROTF: get it MATE, Randy.....
                          du dum tssssss

BOO

Comment

what does doug aldrich have to do with randy rhoads? i thought some one like zakk might be more appropriate as the guy who plays randys stuff all the time with ozzy and having been a big rhoads fan anyway

Since you sh*t all over my original post on this - Apology accepted Samurai

Comment

du dum tssssss

BOO
                              :ROTF: speaking for yourself there (AGAIN) mr. Spandex, since when did you ever GET original
                              Last edited by Gabriel Raphael; 02-25-2008, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayniac View Post
                                Since you sh*t all over my original post on this - Apology accepted Samurai
                                Yo know what i think, Dougy has blond hair., thats all... period.
                                When RR died Ozzy had the chance to hire Adrian V from White Snake, but he blew it cause Sharon did not want to pay them.

And putting Zak there when he already asked Marshall to make him identicle amps like Randy but the Rhoads family refused would be a insult now, Zak has really good amps, simply a re issue of a JCM 800 100 watt head. nothing original or new about it but the price.
                                Last edited by Gabriel Raphael; 02-25-2008, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X