No announcement yet.

Rhoads Signature Marshall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no you are wrong... it was the freemasons' decision that Robbie will be a star

I've heard that Randy wanted to get out of Ozzy's band.... do some classical stuff and whatnot

I mean really who wants to play with a band where Sharon Cuntbourne is in charge
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• Randy was trying to go to UCLA for Classical Guitar...he was done with Ozzy when the tour was over and possibly sooner as he was inquiring as to how to get out of his contract. I never heard the jazz thing before other than he studied it a bit as a kid while taking lessons.

Comment

• if u read around even ozzy staes that he didn;t think that randy would have stayed around.

the bassist from quiet riot reckoned he might have gone on to do more keyboard driven rock perhaps, aor stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
          if u read around even ozzy staes that he didn;t think that randy would have stayed around.

the bassist from quiet riot reckoned he might have gone on to do more keyboard driven rock perhaps, aor stuff
          Actually Don Airy and Randy already agreed to do a record together.

John Stix who interviewed Randy got the green thumb to arrange sessions with several Jazz-Fussion artists., i think we will see these interviews in that documentary coming out.
          Last edited by Gabriel Raphael; 02-19-2008, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Endrik View Post
            no you are wrong... it was the freemasons' decision that Robbie will be a star

I've heard that Randy wanted to get out of Ozzy's band.... do some classical stuff and whatnot

I mean really who wants to play with a band where Sharon Cuntbourne is in charge
            agreed....

as for anyone who gets as famous as Robbie would say, the people around them made the money, like the Stones, Beatles and so on., even Randy Rhoads according to Ozzy never got to share that wealth from there success., is it safe to say he can't count it anyway?

Comment

• If Randy had lived... he'd have slogged away at the neoclassical fusion for a bunch of years and go broke . Then he'd come back for some reunion tours with Quiet Riot and Ozzy. Of course we'd have a lot to talk about, but we probably wouldn't have this Marshall to drool over!

Comment

• Wow, I missed a bunch of fireworks here Anyway, to speculate on what Randy would have done is pointless. If you think you can predict what a person in their early 20's is going to do and be right about it, you better open that psychic shop now! Oh, and George Lynch is no poser, the guy shreds with his own style and that was something back in the 80's when many other shredders sounded alike. And yes, I'm a huge Randy fan, the guy was amazing and no one can take anything away form him,. He accomplished in a couple albums what others took all decade long and his stuff still sounds inspiring to this day. Anyway, back to the thread at hand, this Rhoads Marshall head sounds great! I have heard it in person and I had given up on Marshalls years ago until I heard this. I want one!
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

• Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                  Wow, I missed a bunch of fireworks here
                  Yeah, it's like the Special Olympics Games in here. :ROTF:
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Yeah, it's like the Special Olympics Games in here. :ROTF:
                    who cares, at least I won
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• Originally posted by åron View Post
                      If Randy had lived... he'd have slogged away at the neoclassical fusion for a bunch of years and go broke . Then he'd come back for some reunion tours with Quiet Riot and Ozzy. Of course we'd have a lot to talk about, but we probably wouldn't have this Marshall to drool over!
                      Well (i think) based on what i read and heard that if he was alive we would have had to retired from Rock, According to the contracts with Ozzy, he would of owned everything, even his name.

peace
                      Last edited by Gabriel Raphael; 02-25-2008, 01:51 AM.

Comment

• u know what woulda been sadder? if he lived and coudn't play again...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel Raphael View Post
                          Well (i think) based on what i read and heard that if he was alive we would have more RR guitar models, Marshalls as we see now or better, i mean Zak got his model out years after Randy died, who knows maybe he would be playing PRS or Parkers as well :ROTF:
                          :ROTF: I love it!

I'm just messing around because I don't like the posthumous endorsement products sold in the name of Hendrix, D Abbot and RR. One shift in the universe and the icon of Jackson and, now Marshall, continues on. We sure do love our dead heroes, frozen in time. They don't get old. They don't create new disappointing works. They tirelessly sell products for corporations. You can be dead tired, but you can't be tired, dead. :ROTF:

Comment

• i just read through all these pages and all i can say is wow!
                            i think randy was a great player, as well as everyone else mentioned.
                            as for recorded tone with ozzy, i think the first album with zakk was the best imo.although speak of the devil was great with gillis, but that was live so it's different.
                            as for zakk emulating randy, does anyone remember what he was playing when he first joined ozzy?
                            rockmans into a marshall with yngwie strats.
                            then he went to lee jackson gp1000s with a solid state poweramp and his les pauls.
                            as for which amps sound better, that's why there are more than one amp company. i love the sound of a great marshall, when someone else is playing it. but it doesnt work for me.

Comment

u know what woulda been sadder? if he lived and coudn't play again...

Yeah look at Becker that's a sad story there
                              Dean MAB2 Aviator Signed
                              Dean MAB1 Armor Flame Signed #3
                              Dean RC7 Rusty Cooley 7
                              ESP Horizon NTII
                              Jackson SL1 USA
                              Jackson PC1 USA
                              Ibanez RGA-121
                              Ibanez PGM 301
                              Ibanez UV777BK Strung to high A
                              Maton EBG808 TE (Tommy E)
                              Alvarez CY127CE
                              Click here for my You Tube Page!!!!

Comment

u know what woulda been sadder? if he lived and coudn't play again...
                                Yes indeed....
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvUG2rH-ndk
                                Last edited by Gabriel Raphael; 02-25-2008, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X