No announcement yet.

Rhoads Signature Marshall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• his sound on the king biscuit flower hour show is awesome....so is the sound of that mini moog that don airey is using.

Comment

• Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
      I listened to the Tribute CD and half those songs sound like Poison. Ozzy's weird metal voice saves them, but I find it odd that these albums are so revered. It's basically hair metal.
      Interesting... considering Poison's first album came out six years after Ozzy's first. :ROTF:
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• I think mainly its a generation gap here.....also Randy was never about the gear, it was all about the music. He liked to say that he relied heavily on his tone, I think that was because he was humble and self-depreciating; attributes far lacking in the music industry. He used what what was available to him. Form everything I have read, those years from when he joined Ozzy to his death, where a blur of activity. It takes me a long time to get around to trying things out, so I cant imagine what little time he had! And anyone here who has gigged regularly in a pro manner, knows that there are so many case where you dont even get to use or bring your amps....pedal boards are indispensable! I am sure he relied heavily on his board, because that thing seems to have been pretty well thought out. Marshall stacks where an obvious choice, and I am sure had to be chosen quickly....being in England, right there where its all made, makes it convenient. MAx Norman recordings are hit and miss with me. Sometimes they are real good....and many times I thought they are way too trebley...recording techniques some times dont capture the best sound. Live is the same way.....you cant compare 1980 recording to 2000....I am a huge Randy fan, and its not my fave tone, but compared to everything up to, and in that day....I think it was one of the best tones. Tribute, I dont think is at all the best live recording. i have a couple of bootlegs that I listen to before I will put on Tribute. The bootlegs I have are much cleaner, better mids, deeper bass, crisper...just better. I wish Ozzy would have gotten with all the cats from that era and pooled ALL the recordings before settling...would have been a better result!

Comment

• Originally posted by toejam View Post
          Interesting... considering Poison's first album came out six years after Ozzy's first. :ROTF:
          I wasn't saying they ripped off Poison, just that a lot of those songs sound like hair, or glam, metal.
          No doubt people will want to kill me for saying that, but it's just my opinion. I actually like Poisons first couple of albums!
          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by chmizell View Post
            I am sure he relied heavily on his board, because that thing seems to have been pretty well thought out. Marshall stacks where an obvious choice, and I am sure had to be chosen quickly....being in England, right there where its all made, makes it convenient.
            oh man was his pedal board important to him. there was this little gig they had where they tested out all the songs before they created the album (to see wether people like them or not). and right before they started playing, randy's board had a cut circuit. he was devasted, so he quickly ran out to buy the ones he needed the most (mxr: 10band eq, distortion+, and stereo chorus i believe). then after the show at like 3 o'clock at night, randy tracks down the guy who created his first board, not this one from england.
            sigpic

Comment

• Randy's tone sounded nothing like CC Deville, are you guys going tone deaf on me here? C'mon now, this is going from he had bad tone to he sounds like CC. He had killer tone!!!
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

• wow some things never change - i know most of you don't know me but i use to be a part of this forum a few years ago and reading this thread brought back the good 'ole days! this started out talking about an amp and turned into something entirely different - i hear a lot of "the best marshall ever" talk and all i have to say is that "the best marshall ever" is the one that best fits your needs for whatever style of music you play - a stock 59slp is not an ideal amp for metal where a stock 800 could be - a blues player would say that the slp is better for him over an 800 - i listened to the clips of the rr amp and they sound good but you really can't give a review about an amp that you haven't tried in person or have had at least a few days to mess around with - i'm a HUGE randy fan and my playing is a direct reflection of his style but i never completely dug his studio tone - it had its moments on blizzard and diary was waaaaay better but the tribute album was a GREAT tone - i'd like to try the rr model but my concerns are 1. does it have an effects loop and 2. is it just a one chennel amp which it "appears" to be - i want an amp that has a great crunch AND a great clean tone - that's why i will never own an 800 - it doesn't suit MY needs even though it is a great amp for what it is - some people need a more versatile amp with two, possibly three channels - anyhoo i'm rambling but i will say that i'm going to try and post more as i always found this to be the best forum out there - ahhhhh good times, good times! sully, bill, clev metal(forgot your name bro, DOH!) and everyone else that may remember glad to see your all alive and kicking! btw i'm in a cover band that's going to be playing chicago on may 2nd i'll get you the details as i get them maybe some of you can come out and hollar at an old shredder! neddi
                www.facebook.com/neddistanz

Comment

• This thread has been most entertaining to date. George Lynch is a latent homosexual who masturbates to solo Jeff Stryker J/O DVDs on a Mac G4 Powerbook on meth in hotel rooms. Betcha think he looks hawt with his beefy pipes all oiled up for ya, prom date. Oh, yeah, what was this thread about again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Foolius Maximus View Post
                    wow some things never change - i know most of you don't know me but i use to be a part of this forum a few years ago and reading this thread brought back the good 'ole days! this started out talking about an amp and turned into something entirely different - i hear a lot of "the best marshall ever" talk and all i have to say is that "the best marshall ever" is the one that best fits your needs for whatever style of music you play - a stock 59slp is not an ideal amp for metal where a stock 800 could be - a blues player would say that the slp is better for him over an 800 - i listened to the clips of the rr amp and they sound good but you really can't give a review about an amp that you haven't tried in person or have had at least a few days to mess around with - i'm a HUGE randy fan and my playing is a direct reflection of his style but i never completely dug his studio tone - it had its moments on blizzard and diary was waaaaay better but the tribute album was a GREAT tone - i'd like to try the rr model but my concerns are 1. does it have an effects loop and 2. is it just a one chennel amp which it "appears" to be - i want an amp that has a great crunch AND a great clean tone - that's why i will never own an 800 - it doesn't suit MY needs even though it is a great amp for what it is - some people need a more versatile amp with two, possibly three channels - anyhoo i'm rambling but i will say that i'm going to try and post more as i always found this to be the best forum out there - ahhhhh good times, good times! sully, bill, clev metal(forgot your name bro, DOH!) and everyone else that may remember glad to see your all alive and kicking! btw i'm in a cover band that's going to be playing chicago on may 2nd i'll get you the details as i get them maybe some of you can come out and hollar at an old shredder! neddi
                    I have not spent a few days with this amp, but I did hear it in person at NAMM. Marshall had an isolated sound room at their booth and i went in there to hear it. One of their guys was demoing it, I never did see Doug Aldrich playing it while there. Anyway, I don't know if its the best Marshall ever for someone else but it was the best sounding stock Marshall that I've heard. Years ago I used to have a non-master volume Marshall Super Lead 100 and I've played thru JCM 800's before. This new RR amp sounded better to me. I still prefer my Bogner Uberschall to anything else so far but this RR amp made me want a Marshall again BTW, I do remember you from a couple years back so welcome back to JCF
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

• Originally posted by Foolius Maximus View Post
                      wow some things never change - i know most of you don't know me but i use to be a part of this forum a few years ago and reading this thread brought back the good 'ole days! this started out talking about an amp and turned into something entirely different - i hear a lot of "the best marshall ever" talk and all i have to say is that "the best marshall ever" is the one that best fits your needs for whatever style of music you play - a stock 59slp is not an ideal amp for metal where a stock 800 could be - a blues player would say that the slp is better for him over an 800 - i listened to the clips of the rr amp and they sound good but you really can't give a review about an amp that you haven't tried in person or have had at least a few days to mess around with - i'm a HUGE randy fan and my playing is a direct reflection of his style but i never completely dug his studio tone - it had its moments on blizzard and diary was waaaaay better but the tribute album was a GREAT tone - i'd like to try the rr model but my concerns are 1. does it have an effects loop and 2. is it just a one chennel amp which it "appears" to be - i want an amp that has a great crunch AND a great clean tone - that's why i will never own an 800 - it doesn't suit MY needs even though it is a great amp for what it is - some people need a more versatile amp with two, possibly three channels - anyhoo i'm rambling but i will say that i'm going to try and post more as i always found this to be the best forum out there - ahhhhh good times, good times! sully, bill, clev metal(forgot your name bro, DOH!) and everyone else that may remember glad to see your all alive and kicking! btw i'm in a cover band that's going to be playing chicago on may 2nd i'll get you the details as i get them maybe some of you can come out and hollar at an old shredder! neddi

NEDDI!!!!!!!!!!!! dude, how the fuck have you been?!?!?!

sully
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

• sully whats up bro! you still playing ace? i'm playing in chicago may 2nd with a kooky cover band i'll post detial soon - man it's good to be back!!!! i have a lot of reading to do so i can post my crazy humor!

Comment

• nah, not doing the ace frehley gig anymore. hell, i'm not living in chicago anymore, either! i went way south to dallas, texas about five years ago.

and your humor and overall good-guy-ness has been missed here.

sully
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

• Originally posted by sully View Post
                            nah, not doing the ace frehley gig anymore. hell, i'm not living in chicago anymore, either! i went way south to dallas, texas about five years ago.

and your humor and overall good-guy-ness has been missed here.

sully
                            You two need to get a room....
                            Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

• Holy s**t, blast from the past. Welcome back, Neddi!

Comment

• thanx shredder!

Comment

Working...
                                X