No announcement yet.

Rhoads Signature Marshall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I asked in my post was if anyone could confirm if Doug did it... didn't want to start a why or why not should Doug Aldrich be the guy to demo it
    Whatever

Comment

will this stop the bickering?!! lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o2ALOiLpz8

These guys are all amazing players, Randy, Doug, Zak (prefer the earlier stuff), but to me Jake E Lee just "has it", the missing ingredient and I can't tell you what it is. He's like Tommy Bolin meets EVH, which is exactly where I would want to be as a guitarist.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel Raphael View Post
        Yo know what i think, Dougy has blond hair., thats all... period.
        When RR died Ozzy had the chance to hire Doug or the other guy from White Snake, but he blew it cause Sharon did not want to pay them.

And putting Zak there when he already asked Marshall to make him identicle amps like Randy but the Rhoads family refused would be a insult now, Zak has really good amps, simply a re issue of a JCM 800 100 watt head. nothing original or new about it but the price.

Umm Zakks amp has hotter tubes fitted. Its a hot rodded version of a JCM 800 i think

and ozzy did not blow it, because frankly, i think Jake E lee was better than any of ozzys guitarists before or since. mega talent, better tone, MEGA stage presence, even awsomer chops than randy and far less dull and repetitive then Zakk. i honestly think that doug wouldn't have suited ozzys band anyway coz his style especially now is very different to what ozzy would want, and if he didn't form lion, we wouldn't have the transformers theme

And wayniac? i never shat on ur post - i only asked why would doug be doing it when he has no association with ozzy and randy, other than as u later pointed out he might be arandy fan. that and the fact there is no vid that i've sen yet of doug doing a demo of it. i think thats nothing more than agenuine contribution and debate in this thread. no shit here thankyou
        Last edited by sonicsamurai; 02-13-2008, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
          Umm Zakks amp has hotter tubes fitted.
          Quite the contrary...it has 6550's (like most Marshall's in the early/mid 80's) which are actually a cleaner, harder sounding tube with much more headroom than an EL34.

As for Doug demoing the amp...why not? He's a Marshall endorsee who knows most of Randy's material...he even contributed to some Randy tribute (not THE "Tribute") album. Zakk certainly has his own thing going but its much further removed from what Randy did than Doug's playing.

There is a video of Doug playing the amp as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
            As for Doug demoing the amp...why not? He's a Marshall endorsee who knows most of Randy's material...he even contributed to some Randy tribute (not THE "Tribute") album.
            The album is called A Tribute to Ozzy: Bathead Soup. Doug played on the song Crazy Train, along with Dee Snider on vocals, Tony Levin on bass, and Jason Bonham on drums.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Umm Zakks amp has hotter tubes fitted. Its a hot rodded

And wayniac? i never shat on ur post - i only asked why would doug be doing it when he has no association with ozzy and randy, other than as u later pointed out he might be arandy fan. that and the fact there is no vid that i've sen yet of doug doing a demo of it. i think thats nothing more than agenuine contribution and debate in this thread. no shit here thankyou
              OK - my bad - seemed like it was a diss.. my bad.
              Anyway - as posted above.. here is your link

http://www.licklibrary.com/player/re...aspx?intID=761
              Click on Watch Now

Comment

Hey WANKER, yeah you did shat like you probably do all the time for all i know, you want anyone to think your a arse hole just keep it up,.

Not everyone thinks alike so your gonna run into problems in this world if your one of those who has a hard time living in it with others.

As for Ozzy and Randy, when Randy died Ozzy tried out the other guy from (the to be) Whitesnake ., forgot his name now but its not Doug, this guy was the best player according to Ozzy and Sharon, problem is his manager wanted allot of money up front and the Ardens want guys to play for free as long as they can, kind of like what took place for Bernie Torme and Brad Gillis who both stated they where told the gigs would only last several weeks but went on for months before they seen any money other then per diam.

This is from Rudy's mouth and also in his book as well.

As for Zak, who if you ever meet you will find is a very kind hearted man (now days) he did want Randy's amps, his V's, he is beyond a fan openly about Randy, but this was not easy for Randy's family, they expressed various times that it was sick to try and replace a person based on there image, there was no one like him for he had a great character., so yeah they rejected the Marshall request as well as still reject most requests from anyone to have a exact replica of Randy's guitars made.

I wish i can say more., your right about Jake, he had a awesome taste full sound.

Other then that i believe now the family picked Doug more less for his hair and gave into that idea he also has a decent respectfully character as well as plays well unlike Goerge Lynch who would die once to look like Randy and blamed Randy's students left the school he was teaching at cause they came only for Randy's looks., I hear he was asked to leave Musonia cause hew was bad mouthing Randy, he failed Ozzy's band not once but 3 times and claims he was up for it., poser all the way., sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel Raphael View Post
                  Hey WANKER, yeah you did shat like you probably do all the time for all i know, you want anyone to think your a arse hole just keep it up,.

Not everyone thinks alike so your gonna run into problems in this world if your one of those who has a hard time living in it with others.
                  big man :ROTF: u should hear how you sound in ur posts... and u may have noticed in the post above wayniac already accepted that i wasn't dissing him, which i wasn't and didn't. nothing wrong in debating whether a rumour was just a rumour or not - this is what this thread was about initially was it not? nice try.

As for Ozzy and Randy, when Randy died Ozzy tried out the other guy from (the to be) Whitesnake ., forgot his name now but its not Doug, this guy was the best player according to Ozzy and Sharon, problem is his manager wanted allot of money up front and the Ardens want guys to play for free as long as they can, kind of like what took place for Bernie Torme and Brad Gillis who both stated they where told the gigs would only last several weeks but went on for months before they seen any money other then per diam.
                  Reb beach? i could not imagine reb beach lasting long with ozzy. not metsal enough by a long way. great guitarist tho. i thought he was pretty young when winger came out tho, he'd have still been in his teens in 82 surely?

As for Zak, who if you ever meet you will find is a very kind hearted man (now days) he did want Randy's amps, his V's, he is beyond a fan openly about Randy, but this was not easy for Randy's family, they expressed various times that it was sick to try and replace a person based on there image, there was no one like him for he had a great character., so yeah they rejected the Marshall request as well as still reject most requests from anyone to have a exact replica of Randy's guitars made.
                  i didn't debate that. you said zakks amp was just a regular jcm 800 which it isn't. as i and the person after me pointed out it has different tubes. i have met zakk before and he was a cool dude and always very fiunny in interviews.
                  Last edited by sonicsamurai; 02-14-2008, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayniac View Post
                    OK - my bad - seemed like it was a diss.. my bad.
                    Anyway - as posted above.. here is your link

http://www.licklibrary.com/player/re...aspx?intID=761
                    Click on Watch Now
                    thanx for the link - doesn't work for me at all tho

is there a youtube link?

Comment

list of Whitesnake guitarists

Micky Moody
                      Bernie Mardsen
                      Mel Galley
                      John Sykes
                      Adrian Vandenberg
                      Vivian Campbell
                      Steve Vai
                      Warren Demartini
                      Doug Aldrich
                      Reb Beach

so wich one was it?
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

You left Steve Farris off of that list. That said, it was one of the first three...I think Bernie Marsden.

Gabriel, care to back up all that stuff about George? I know Lynch auditioned twice and got the spot once, only to be replaced with Jake two weeks later. What are your sources (and reasons...since it had no place in this thread) for the big George diss?

Comment

big man :ROTF: u should hear how you sound in ur posts... and u may have noticed in the post above wayniac already accepted that i wasn't dissing him, which i wasn't and didn't. nothing wrong in debating whether a rumour was just a rumour or not - this is what this thread was about initially was it not? nice try.

Reb beach? i could not imagine reb beach lasting long with ozzy. not metsal enough by a long way. great guitarist tho. i thought he was pretty young when winger came out tho, he'd have still been in his teens in 82 surely?

i didn't debate that. you said zakks amp was just a regular jcm 800 which it isn't. as i and the person after me pointed out it has different tubes. i have met zakk before and he was a cool dude and always very fiunny in interviews.
                          Listen, stop making up shit cuz your never gonna learn man., believe it when i tell you that you can save yourself allot of time by been a bit more humble, we all learn from each other.

first off: Why you mention Reb Beach is beyond me, are you like friends with the guy, i used to know Reb back when he worked with Bo Hill and Fiona., i have been to his house in New Jersey while he wrote the songs with Kip for his band Winger, etc etc, no he would never make Ozzy anymore then George Lynch could now matter how bad he wanted too based on his looks, at least Reb can play guitar well.

Second; Everyone knows that the best Marshall head ever made was the JCM800 50 or 100 watt head, you add a high gain channel and some Groove Tube el34s. the JCM 900 where ok, but the 800 became a STANDARD!

Now the best new JCM800 head out there today is the Kerry King Signature JCM800 2203KK Head, if Marshall presented this to Zakk he would of surely grabbed it and said this is his signature head.

It works like this, even if the guitar player sucks but is about to play arenas you will find him on the cover of the next guitar player issue cuz of one reason, people are going to buy it, same with the RR film coming out, we see Gibson myspace site posting picts of Randy, and even Dean Dean who Randy called firewood is claiming Randy played there guitars now., so your gonna back up Zakk when all these guys who worked for Ozzy slapped a amp set up together for him to make sure he sounded decent on tour., have you head this guy before he joined ozzy, i did, he had a horrible sound too.

Just to remind you who used the same heads before they where called the Zak JCM Signature heads--> Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Michael Shenker, Kix, White Snake, Andy McCoy, Slash, Gary Moore, DR.Know of Bad Brains, Vernon Ried and the list goes on.

The Kerry King Signature JCM800 2203KK Head is the same thing but with more options to match every subtle modification from other bands mentioned above.

Third to note: Marshall claims Randy came and asked them to modify his WHITE 1960's anniversary 100 watt head, but if you listen to what they said carefully, they said Randy requested it in white, this is not correct at all.

Randy looked all over the UK and U.S. to get the same 1960's white heads., and he got them, it was his cabinets which he requested in white from Marshall.

I think it matters to be clear there.
                          Last edited by Gabriel Raphael; 02-14-2008, 01:55 PM.

Comment

i brought reb up because you said the othe guitarist in whitesnake who wasn't doug. That's reb these days isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                              You left Steve Farris off of that list. That said, it was one of the first three...I think Bernie Marsden.

Gabriel, care to back up all that stuff about George? I know Lynch auditioned twice and got the spot once, only to be replaced with Jake two weeks later. What are your sources (and reasons...since it had no place in this thread) for the big George diss?
                              Geeze you guys are like the Muslims stereo typed on TV who jump when someone depicts there prophet., only this is no prophet this is George Lynch and its a bit gay to like a person who can not really play guitar right and is about his looks more., even girls who do not play guitar can see that GL is literally a poser, its what GL was into i feel bad to say that cuz its outdated now and yeah its like dissing him, i like him though too but its true, thats what that scene was about.

GL surely had a obsession with Randy Rhoads, he wanted to be Randy, hair and all., but he learned to pick upside down, people warned him that his playing would not progress. i remember that he went to a few people at GIT to re learn how to pick but once he left for the tour with Dokken the good old partying rock star picked upside again and evidently today as we see has nothing at all to show., i do NOT need to back that up,

all that said above, look back to 1981 now., imagine GL teaching at Randy's mom's school taking on Randy's Rock students who all left, then GL claims it was cause they used to come just to see Randy cuz he looked cool., GL also insinuated RR got the spot with Ozzy cuz he looked better as well., do you play guitar man, can you compare these 2 guys (RR and GL) for yourself to evaluate who plays and who is teh real poser here, i would of fired his arse from my school as well if he was a bitter envious looser to find excuses to why students left his class.
                              Last edited by Gabriel Raphael; 02-14-2008, 02:29 PM.

Comment

i brought reb up because you said the othe guitarist in whitesnake who wasn't doug. That's reb these days isn't it?
                                Sorry my mistake, i had no idea Reb played in whitesnake at all.

it was Adrian Vandenberg who tried out for Ozzy and was the guy mentioned in Rudy's book who's manager wanted more money.

as i understand, whitesnake only had Jon Lord, Ian Paice, Cozy Powell, Neil Murray, Bernie Marsden, Micky Moody, Rudy Sarzo, John Sykes, Adrian Vandenberg, Vivian Campbell, Tommy Aldridge and Steve Vai.

I see now Reb did play with them, but i am sure he was not in his teens, he was already 24 when i met him and this was while he was writing the first Winger record., remind you he graduated Berklie and joined the musicians union., the guy did tons of studio sessions.
                                Last edited by Gabriel Raphael; 02-14-2008, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X