No announcement yet.

Rhoads Signature Marshall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I LOVE RR's tone on I dont know and Crazy train.

Seems like this video has the exact amp we are talking about...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JRbPWcLode0
    Sam

Comment

Lynch had tone. I prefered Diary as a tone myself as far as comparing the two albums but it was more processed. Live it was that way on tour too. Actually, its smart for Marshall to put out a 4 input 1959 reissue with a large logo as they are being sought out quite a bit. Adding RR's name and a white tolex theme makes it pretty cool.

His tone sounds like a typical 'good' JMP with a booster in that video.
      Last edited by charvelguy; 01-19-2008, 10:24 AM.

Comment

I think the amp sounds pretty cool...

Comment

That video sounds better than any tone Randy had. The amp sounds killer. Randy's recording sounds were distinctive, yes, but truly distinctive shit! When I first heard of this amp I thought "Why the F would anyone wanna sound like anything off Diary or Blizzard???"

That said, his live tone on the Tribute album was killer for the era.

I hear they may be only selling these as a full stack and not separating the heads for individual sale.

The head does sound killer though.

Comment

You guys all are entiteled to express your wrong opinions Randy had great tone! Anyway, I saw the amp at NAMM and listened to it in the demo room and I thought it sounded quite good considering that no over drive or distortion pedal was going into it, just the amp itself. No, it does not have tons of gain all by itself but it really is an unmistakable in your face sound when you hear it live. I liked it and thats saying a lot coming from someone who is used to Uberschall type distortion.
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

You guys scare me.... such disrespect to a guitar player that is no longer with us, I miss Randy, I must have seen him live a half dozen times and I remember his tone to be awesome to say the least..... What is up with this forum?
              Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

They're in a frenzy over the Heath Ledger thing.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Shibs View Post
                  You guys scare me.... such disrespect to a guitar player that is no longer with us, I miss Randy, I must have seen him live a half dozen times and I remember his tone to be awesome to say the least..... What is up with this forum?
                  Nobody is disputing Randy's live tone kicked ass. I saw him on the DOAM tour about a month before he died and he sounded great. The recordings, as classic as they are, do not do his tone justice.

Like I said, I like the amp...

Comment

Originally posted by Shibs View Post
                    such disrespect to a guitar player that is no longer with us
                    Who is disrespecting him? People have the right to say that they think his tone is shit. Obviously you feel the opposite. No need to get offended over it.
                    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

First its the tone that gets run through the ringer. What's next, his last name? If we don't stop this kind of activity now you never know where it will stop.
                      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

noone is saying anything other than they don't like his tone.....noone denies he was a great player....we're entitled to an opinion, just coz he's dead doesn't make it disrespectful....

i, for one, actually quite liked his tone, but at risk of flaring up the old 'evh/randy - who's better?' argument, i always thought eddie's was far better

Comment

I never thought Randy's tone was bad at all. I was floored when Blizzard came out. Never gave the tone a 2nd thought. It sounded great then, and it still does...to me anyway.
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I have some of these available if anyone is interested. I heard the amp and it just about ripped my head off. That sucker is LOUD and gainy!!

Matt

Matt's Music Center
                            35 Pleasant St
                            Weymouth MA 02190 USA
                            781-335-0700
                            www.mattsmusic.com
                            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                              hm. i always liked randy's sound. but then again, i preferred jakes' BATM sound to TUS.

sully
                              jake's sound is good on both albums, but his tone on the ultimate sin is HUUUUGE

Comment

Well, I'm neutral on this. Aren't we many times at the mercy of the sound engineer, producer or recording engineer? Remember, Sharon had a lot do do with the Mastering of Ozzy's albums to the point of deleting sections, items and artists as well.
                                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                                X