No announcement yet.

Serial Number Database Sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very interesting observation indeed. Well at least the model mystery is solved and the production year narrowed down to either '96 or '97. Also, I'm almost absolutely certain it was made in Japan like you mentioned as I somehow do vaguely remember the conversation I had with the person at the store.

Anyhoo, much thanks for the insight, kind sir!

Comment

• Yeah, that's definitely a Japanese serial. If I'm not mistaken, the catalogue pic of the model has 'Made In USA' on the headstock? If so, it's just another of the many errors in those catalogues. My internet is at a snail's pace, so I can't check the catalogue...
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Hi, can anyone tell me too , what kind of guitar this is, people told it is made in japan (?), but i don't habe any information .Thaks a lot.

Comment

• Yes, that's a Japanese made DK2T Dinky from circa 2009. The string thru body DK2T doesn't appear nearly as often as the Floyd Rose equipped DK2. They were part of the Pro Series line.

If you remove the neck you'll find date/model stamps on the neck heel and in the neck pocket.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Hey, can be verified my guitar Jackson Soloist SL3 Japan? "Sn. 050 459"
            Jackson Soloist SL3 ( Japan 2002 )

Comment

• Yes, that's a Japanese SL3.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Indeed, 2005 SL3. They switched to black hardware in 2006.

Comment

• Catalog 2002

Yes, I found in the catalog, thanks :-)

)
                  Jackson Soloist SL3 ( Japan 2002 )

Comment

• Made in Japan on sticker on the back of the neck, Dinky DK2FF, black hardware, duncan designed SSH, not sure what year, it was on the wall in the guitar store since they got it. They lost all papers for it, was without strings for who knows how much time. Got it for 300 EUR, basically new. Serial: 9722687 . It's possible to be 2003-2004 ....i found it only in 2003 catalog but i don't know for how much time and how many they made it...

Comment

• 9722687 should be 2004, so they were made at least late 2002-2004 and possibly '05.
                      The neck pocket and neck heel would have date stamps if you're curious.

Comment

• When i restring it the next time i'll take it off and have a look. I was too eager to try it...

Comment

• hi everone iam new here don't no if iam in the right place but I was wondering if anyone can help and tell me what my jackson reverse headstock neck was made and year I look on line but cant tell if it a nok off or reel I just pick it up for used for 500 dollar Canadian don't no if it was a good deal or not here is the serial (9819586) thanks

Comment

• Hello, Canada here, too.

It's not possible to ID a guitar with just the serial most times. All I can tell you is the year would be either made in Japan in '98 or 2008ish. There were 2 number formats that used the 98xxxxx serial. One was date coded..98xxxxx='98...the other, and much more common format was sequential...9800000-9850000=2007-2011.

Can you post a pic? A pic will determine if the serial and guitar are original...in other words, has the neck and/or serial been swapped? Neck swapping is common.

You need to post pics on a site such as tinypic, photobucket and then copy the link here.

If not, answer these questions:
                            'Professional' or 'Performer' logo after the Jackson logo?
                            Body shape...Strat, V, Rhoads etc...
                            # of pickups...HSS or HH # of frets # of knobs # of toggles
                            colour of hardware...black/chrome
                            binding on neck?
                            shark fin inlays or dot?
                            arch top or flat?
                            Last edited by Mudlark; 01-12-2017, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                              Hello, Canada here, too.

It's not possible to ID a guitar with just the serial most times. All I can tell you is the year would be either made in Japan in '98 or 2008ish. There were 2 number formats that used the 98xxxxx serial. One was date coded..98xxxxx='98...the other, and much more common format was sequential...9800000-9850000=2007-2011.

Can you post a pic? A pic will determine if the serial and guitar are original...in other words, has the neck and/or serial been swapped? Neck swapping is common.

You need to post pics on a site such as tinypic, photobucket and then copy the link here.

If not, answer these questions:
                              'Professional' or 'Performer' logo after the Jackson logo?
                              Body shape...Strat, V, Rhoads etc...
                              # of pickups...HSS or HH # of frets # of knobs # of toggles
                              colour of hardware...black/chrome
                              binding on neck?
                              shark fin inlays or dot?
                              arch top or flat?
                              ok I will try to post pic upand then the link over here http://tinypic.com/1r55f6so
                              Last edited by me1worm; 01-12-2017, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• Good luck...took my old ass weeks to figure it out...

Comment

Working...
                                X