Serial Number Database Sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Here ya go for the database: I have a Jackson make in Korea, serial #1044887. I love it. I think whoever had it before me put some mean pickups and it distorts like a mo-fo, which is a good thing, and when playing clean it's just crystal clear. I wanted to know what year it was, at least roughly. I bought it in 2000. Thank you

Comment

• There's some dispute on whether the Performers were initially Korean or Japanese during their 1995 release.
      Long story short: I firmly believe the Koreans were first and the move to Japan was somewhere between '96-'98. Of the many reasons I believe this, the most telling point is I have never seen nor heard of a Japanese Performer with a 1995 serial.

Yours should be late '94-'96ish, but there's no way to decode those serials and I don't think the neck pocket contains date stamps...though, you could remove the neck and check if you're curious.

metalqueen...Lee Aaron reference, or are you Lee Aaron?
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Thanks

Comment

• Great links,
          a lot of confusion on the origins of the King V line, what I have read and pieced together. While Randy and other performers were starting to make a name for themselves. Jackson was building a lot of eye catching instruments, which in the hand of the right performer made history.
          The RR was Randy's creation from the start and with his style brought performers knocking on Jackson door. Robin Crosby was playing the RR models before he eventually ask for a full V model at some point, which became the first Double Rhodes. This turned to be the King V, which was Robin nick name(Robin King Crosby)RIP. A gentle giant I have read who's demon took control and couldn't return.
          Dave became drawn to these guitar during his rise on the metal scene and was looking for a better sound. After he was using a few of the Japanese Models that were really making a name for Jackson. He had his first signature Model named the King V Pro made to his requirements. A little later the deal started on the USA models made to Dave's specifications. The first few start ups were the PCS customs which were prototypes to his signature model, they went from the 22 fret to 24 fret. They were stamped DM xxx, the first few with this serial number were given to Dave to test. Others I believe were custom orders before the full run of Dave's Signature series USA models took off.
          There is reported 40 total with this serial number I have read, I don't know if Jackson has confirmed this. Other thing to note, Dave was given these guitar at the beginning before his USA King V1 was fully configured. How many did he receive? is the question, I believe I read somewhere up to 8 of them. You have to understand all these first guitars are going to be a little different if they were working on his sound.
          I hope this was helpful, Damn it Jim I'm a mechanix not a writer...

Comment

• Jackson SL2H Elite Cabernet Red made in Japan number 110980 YEAR 2012 I THINK, PURCHASED FROM CMC GUITARS NEW JERSEY AND SENT TO THE UK

Jackson SL2H MAH made in USA Trans Blue number U21446 YEAR 2008
            Last edited by 1972fonz; 03-30-2016, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972fonz View Post
                Jackson SL2H Elite Cabernet Red made in Japan number 110980 YEAR 2012 I THINK, PURCHASED FROM CMC GUITARS NEW JERSEY AND SENT TO THE UK

Jackson SL2H MAH made in USA Trans Blue number U21446 YEAR 2008
                The Elite is actually a 2011, those numbers were date-coded. Also, Japanese production stopped late in 2011 and the Elite line was the last new Japanese model.

My SL2HT is an '08, too.
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                  There's some dispute on whether the Performers were initially Korean or Japanese during their 1995 release.
                  Long story short: I firmly believe the Koreans were first and the move to Japan was somewhere between '96-'98. Of the many reasons I believe this, the most telling point is I have never seen nor heard of a Japanese Performer with a 1995 serial.

Yours should be late '94-'96ish, but there's no way to decode those serials and I don't think the neck pocket contains date stamps...though, you could remove the neck and check if you're curious.

metalqueen...Lee Aaron reference, or are you Lee Aaron?
                  The issue seems to be because the Concept series (which is where the Performer line started) were all made in Japan in 1994.
                  It would seem odd to start production line for them in Japan in 1994, move it to Korea the next year, then move it back to Japan, and then back to Korea at the end of the series.
                  -Rick

Comment

• Agree, it would seem strange. But, where are the '95 serials on the Japanese Performers?

I don't think they ended in Korea as I've seen date stamps from MIJ Performers from '98, '99 and 2000. Pretty sure another member here had one stamped 2001.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                      Agree, it would seem strange. But, where are the '95 serials on the Japanese Performers?

I don't think they ended in Korea as I've seen date stamps from MIJ Performers from '98, '99 and 2000. Pretty sure another member here had one stamped 2001.
                      May have been model specific... I've seen a few 2000/2001 era PS-7's that had Korean serial numbers.
                      So it could be entirely possible that some Performer models where MIJ while others were MIK during the same production years.
                      -Rick

Comment

• A real shame they don't make Jacksons in Japan any more, the quality is top notch. I will never buy a guitar that says Indonesia or China on it.

Comment

• How did you determine the PS-7 was 2000-1?

As soon as I see some evidence to change my mind, I'll change it. Until then, I'll respectfully stick with what I've learnt from viewing many guitars online. Even the serial number thread on this site says Korea first, but that proves nothing since we don't know what the statement was based on.

Production in Japan and Korea at the same time? Interesting, never gave it a thought.
                          Last edited by Mudlark; 03-31-2016, 01:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972fonz View Post
                            A real shame they don't make Jacksons in Japan any more, the quality is top notch. I will never buy a guitar that says Indonesia or China on it.
                            Entirely your choice, but keep in mind many people here own those guitars and love them.

Comment

• I suppose it is a bit stubborn of me to come to that conclusion without having tried one lol. My apologies
                              Last edited by 1972fonz; 04-01-2016, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• here are my two SL2H's Red Elite and Blue MAH

Comment

Working...
                                X