Serial Number Database Sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972fonz View Post
    A real shame they don't make Jacksons in Japan any more, the quality is top notch. I will never buy a guitar that says Indonesia or China on it.
    The high end imports came from Japan. But not all of the Japanese guitars were high end imports. Japan made just as many lesser models.
    Last edited by pianoguyy; 04-02-2016, 07:03 AM.

Comment

• Hello, I just got a Jackson Dinky. Hard tail, EMG, dark green, tiny shark fins, with a sticker "made in Japan".
      Serial number is 9827618. Can you tell me what year it was made?

Comment

• The serial won't determine the model. Without knowing the model, I'd guess it's a DKMGT? Archtop, 2 knobs, 1 blade switch, reverse headstock?

If it's a DKMGT as described it'd be a 2008ish model. Those numbers can be inconsistent, so removing the neck and checking the date/model stamps inside is the most accurate method for dating.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• There weren't that many guitars that came with "tiny shark fins", also known as piranha tooth. So without an image, I would agree, DKMGT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
            The serial won't determine the model. Without knowing the model, I'd guess it's a DKMGT? Archtop, 2 knobs, 1 blade switch, reverse headstock?

If it's a DKMGT as described it'd be a 2008ish model. Those numbers can be inconsistent, so removing the neck and checking the date/model stamps inside is the most accurate method for dating.
            You've guessed right : archtop, 2 knobs, 1 blade switch, reverse headstock.
            I'll remove the neck one of these days, thanks!

@pianoguyy : I'll post a picture of it one of these days, too. Sometimes I mix my English words... I meant "small piranha tooth" on the fretboard...

Any idea about the original price of a MIJ DKMGT in 2008?

Comment

• MSRP was about $1000 USD in '08, so street price would've been $700+ish?

My 2011 DKMGT had a MSRP of around $1200 USD in 2011 which included a molded Jackson case and I paid $849+ tax in Canada. That's back when the US dollar was comparable to the Canadian dollar.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuktuk View Post
                @pianoguyy : I'll post a picture of it one of these days, too. Sometimes I mix my English words... I meant "small piranha tooth" on the fretboard...
                Regardless of what language you speak natively, I am gonna put this out there...
                Shark TOOTH = Ibanez (which were originally called Himalayan, because they were designed after the mountains)
                Shark FIN = Jackson
                Piranha Tooth = Jackson

Some people (like you did the first time) call them small shark fins. Which is wrong, but understandable because we know that Jackson has the sharkfins. If you call them small piranha, that impies "smaller than piranha".

Comment

• `Edited, made a new thread for this`
                  Last edited by Rafael; 04-05-2016, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                    Regardless of what language you speak natively, I am gonna put this out there...
                    Shark TOOTH = Ibanez (which were originally called Himalayan, because they were designed after the mountains)
                    Shark FIN = Jackson
                    Piranha Tooth = Jackson

Some people (like you did the first time) call them small shark fins. Which is wrong, but understandable because we know that Jackson has the sharkfins. If you call them small piranha, that impies "smaller than piranha".
                    Jackson/Charvel actually called their sharkfin inlays as shark tooth in a magazine ad at one time. So it doesn't matter how they're really called nowadays.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• I've just removed the neck : - DKMGT 08.6.13 on the neck, so 13th of June 2008?- DKMGT 6-1 on the body.I've taken some pics, they are on my PC, but I don't know how to put them here on this forum.

Comment

• Yes, 2008-June-13

If you'd like to add pics you first need to load them on a photo sharing site such as tinypic, photobucket etc...and then copy the link here.

Comment

• Ok, thanks a lot!

Comment

• Hey everyone, This is my first post and hope i am in the right spot. I have a Jackson i'd like to know / remember more about, lol. I bought it in very early 90's from Musicians Friend. It's a Jackson King V Std. Professional. It's got the floyd rose, 22 fret bolt-on neck and dot inlays. It has Jackson labeled pups that i was under the impression that dimarzio made them back in the day. Serial number is 932041 and i would appreciate anything you can tell me about it. Thanks in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by Bsfollows View Post
                              Hey everyone, This is my first post and hope i am in the right spot. I have a Jackson i'd like to know / remember more about, lol. I bought it in very early 90's from Musicians Friend. It's a Jackson King V Std. Professional. It's got the floyd rose, 22 fret bolt-on neck and dot inlays. It has Jackson labeled pups that i was under the impression that dimarzio made them back in the day. Serial number is 932041 and i would appreciate anything you can tell me about it. Thanks in advance
                              Serial number makes it a 1993 model.
                              Poplar body, Eastern Maple neck with Rosewood fret board.
                              J92C pickup in the bridge, J50N in the neck.
                              JT-580 trem.

Jackson made their own pickups.
                              -Rick

Comment

• Hey thanks for the quick reply, but do you know the country of origin? Was wondering what it's worth though i'm not looking to sell it. Either way this is an awesome guitar and the pups sound great to my old ears lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X