Serial Number Database Sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool, I'll add that to my list.
    I know the Custom numbers were still closing in on 9000 as of earlier this year.

Interesting stamp. Those are a different format than the date stamps used on later models to present. Since the serial indicates 1996, I'd guess 6/4 means 1996, April, the fourth month?
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• I wondered that too about the stamps but earlier in this thread theres a heap of these stamps on other necks/pockets that are dated so i discounted that idea. Batch numbers doesnt seem to work either.

They obviously have some significance as they`re on alot of guitars as well as the date but its got me beat as to what.

Comment

• A heap of these stamps on mid 90s Professionals? I may be wrong, but I don't recall seeing this format in any older posts in this thread... have you?
        I expect this is a different format than the 2 digit number that accompanies the modern date stamp format of yyyy/mm/dd (year/month/day)...but that's a guess.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• So i went back and checked through this thread, here are all the previous postings with either pics or mentionings of these stamps. As you can see there`s often a date stamp too and the 2 stampings don`t correspond.

Originally posted by DrJackson View Post
          I dismantle my guitar to see what was inside, this was what I found (sorry for the bad pics, I took them with my celular camera)

http://img705.imageshack.us/g/img008w.jpg/

Dinky DK2 made in Japan serial 9790726
          I bought mine in 11 Dic 2007 directly from MusicianFriend

Neck pocket:
          4-2 (what it is??)
          DK2

Body pocket:
          3-1 ???
          DK2
          TB
          2007-5-10 (10 of may? true??) :think:

kc7txm told me it could be May or June, and their predictions were really good

Apart from knowing the exact date of manufacture, as an extra I realized that my neck Screws was not tight enough, after two years of playing it aparently get loosened a little bit... So, now it has much more sustain than than before

I love you!

Originally posted by J.C. Harrist View Post
          Serial # 9830838

KVX10

Which number is the month and which is the day?

It's either 10-07-2008 or 07-10-2008.

Originally posted by skarl1967 View Post
          Hope this helps with the Database .......
          I have an RR3 Serial # 9696063
          In the Neck Pocket it is stamped .. 5 - 1
          RR3
          P 59
          From what I have read in this forum, it was made May, 2001
          I believe I also read that it was a pre-upgrade because it has
          all Chrome Hardware, JT580LP Trem, and Control Plate. It had PRS pickups in it
          when I got it, so no help there, the pots weren't any help either...
          Not sure about the P 59, it also has a Red ink mark done by hand
          that looks to be an O or a 0
          Originally posted by AIC70 View Post
          Still not 100% sure if the serial is accurate, but everything else seems to line up: MIJ Stealth PRO, serial 901009, Trans Blue, ebony fretboard with side dots, pearl logo and dots, JT590, H-S-S. No "R" after "Jackson" on headstock? Anyone know about headstock script info?
          Originally posted by hairy-dude View Post
          Jackson MIJ 2005 DK2 - Serial # 9848130

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
          Jackson PS-2
          Performer Series

Body stamped 2001.7.12 and 8-1
          neck 7-13 and 6T

Serial 9660635
          Originally posted by Scooter View Post
          OK, I said WTH, and restrung the V, neck needed a good clean and oil session, and I bought a tremolo stabilizer also. The neck pocket on this guitar is TIGHT, worried i was gonna have a crack in the pocket or the finish, but its all good.
          The neck had 7-1 stamped over 06-7-22 and had KE3 on it too, go figure.
          The neck pocket had 7-1, KVX10, 2006-7-10.
          This kinda stumped me as I had thought the KVX10 came with a LFR starting in '07.
          Not a bad guitar for a factory parts production mutt
          Oh yeah, SN/9768789
          (The tremolo stabilizer is a waste, could've got the same result by blocking the bridge, just should've ordered the hipshot for $10 more........)
          Originally posted by d_fauxe View Post
          ok here is the skinny...
          Serial 604959
          body stamp reads (very faded) 8-2 DXL
          neck stamp reads DK STD
          All black with black hardware, I presume a JT580 Bridge (I see no markings to tell me otherwise)
          Neck is maple with rosewood fretboard and strange dark blue dots for markers (cant really see them on stage) and its 24 frets with allen wrenches on the back
          Duncans S/S/H

Thats about all I can gather. Can you tell me what it is? I can't fiind a good match in the 96 catalog (I presume it's a 96 from other posts) I've had it for years, plays great with killer action but never bothered until now to find out.

Thx
          D
          Originally posted by Scooter View Post
          How true, how true....
          OK, just restrung the DXMG,
          neck has 3-1 DXMG
          pocket has 2-1 DXMG, GMG in marker
          and the other stamp, the first number is drilled out,
          X9-1-13.
          Pretty sure its a DXMG
          This is the same era KV2 as mine, and again the stampings are there and like mine, no date stamp. KV2-rescue-and-resto

I`m gonna shoot Jackson an email and see if they can`t shed any light on these things, given the number of occurances they`re obviously protocol at the time.

Apologies for the long post.
          Last edited by Schadenfreude; 07-09-2015, 01:29 AM.

Comment

• Good luck getting a reply from Jackson.
            I've theorized in the past the numbers were for month and day, but I recall one be being a Sunday. Would they be working on Sunday? Hard to tell.

Comment

• Has anyone measured them?
              Maybe it stands for one and a half inches?

Or compared which models/features each set goes on. Not all necks are 24 fret sharkfins.
              Last edited by pianoguyy; 07-09-2015, 07:54 AM.

Comment

• Based on those examples, it sure seems like it means month/day. Reason being, the first digit is never above 12= December?
                I'll check some more pics sometime to see if the first digit is ever higher than 12.

Comment

• Just brought home my Jackson DK2 (Amber flamed maple) MIJ Guitar serial # 01060169
                  Last edited by Guitar_crazy_dude; 07-11-2015, 05:13 PM. Reason: no reason

Comment

• ^^Ha!!!^^^
                    That's only the second DK2 I've seen with an INDIAN serial number for 2001, BUT, this one has a MIJ sticker proving? there were no Indian made DK2's (as most of us know) only some misplaced plates or the plates were added by a previous owner for whatever reason.

Congrats. You should really check the date stamps on that one. I'd love to see what they say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                      ^^Ha!!!^^^
                      That's only the second DK2 I've seen with an INDIAN serial number for 2001, BUT, this one has a MIJ sticker proving? there were no Indian made DK2's (as most of us know) only some misplaced plates or the plates were added by a previous owner for whatever reason.

Congrats. You should really check the date stamps on that one. I'd love to see what they say.
                      As soon as i get my pickup covers and re-string the guitar.(about a week)

Comment

• Originally posted by Guitar_crazy_dude View Post
                        Just brought home my Jackson DK2 (Amber flamed maple) MIJ Guitar serial # 01060169
                        Here's the body stamps

Comment

• ...and the end of neck stamp

Comment

• So was this DK2 made in japan or India?

Comment

• So there we have a date AND a second set of digits.
                              What's that about?

Although ---
                              june 18th 2001 is very close to 7-1
                              So, that could be inconclusive.

Comment

• My guess is Japan. That looks like Japanese made stamps.
                                Weird about the serial, but there must be a good explanation.

The year/month/day stamps are all I pay any attention to.

Comment

Working...
                                X