Serial Number Database Sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^DX10, made in India, 1999.^
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
      ^DX10, made in India, 1999.^
      Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
        Serial #j303668

Going by this the KV Pro Mustaine i just snagged was made in 1993. This tallies with it only being available in the 1993 & 1994/5 catalogues.
        Last edited by Schadenfreude; 08-30-2015, 02:23 AM.

Comment

• J3xxxx is indeed '93.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Hi everyone !

I have a black Jackson King V, made in Japan, Professional series (wriiten on head).

serial number is 702725.

I guess it was made in 1997 (I bought it around that time anyway, maybe in 98).

doesn't have the usual shark inlays on fingerboard, just regular dots.

pickups has no brand written on them, probably not a SD. I think it must be jackson pickups. It has a floyd rose.

Idon't remeber which specific model this is. I thought it was a KV4 but I'm not sure if I remember well after all these years.

if anyone know what type of model and what the body, neck and fingerboard are made of, that'd be killer !

Comment

• Is it a bolt-on neck? 22 or 24 frets? Pics would help.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• It's a 22 frets, not sure if it's a bolt-on or not but I have a picture of the back :

Some pics :

Last edited by Lorenzar; 08-31-2015, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• It's got a neck plate, so it's a bolt-on. Professional series is made in Japan, looks like an old KV2. Later on, they discontinued that and made the KV2 a USA model that was neck-thru construction with 24 frets and sharkfin inlays.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Ok thanks for the info.

The 702725 serial number must indicates it was made in 1997 though ?

I'm sure I bought it around that time, either 1997 or 1998.
                    Last edited by Lorenzar; 08-31-2015, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Yes, 1997. The '97 catalogue lists those as poplar bodied.

Comment

• Didnt they change to 7 digit serials in 96? If so this must be one of the last 6 digit serials made.

Comment

• Yeah, there was a lot of changes around the mid-late '90s with serials. Can't remember whether there were any 8xxxxx='98 or not. I do know there were some 98xxxxx='98, though.

Comment

• You guys nailed it !
                            I always thought it was a KV4 for some reasons, but sure it's the KV-2 from the 1997 catalog (looking at it, I remember reading this specific catalog 18 years ago!).

I always wondered what were the pickups and assumed it was Jackson ones....now I know it's Armstrong pickups (ja 214 & ja 213).

Never heard of them, not really good pickups I guess.

Some SD like SH2/Sh4 or SH6 should be a nice upgrade.

Comment

• Hi Guys!

Found this page while looking up info for a mate who has a couple of old Jacksons he is thinking about selling.

I'll link the images below. Would appreciate any help to pinpoint the model and year so he can list them correctly.

First one:

Second:

Comment

• ...so it's only a bout 5 years and a bit since the last entry here...but how about number 2941 on a Jackson Dinky with crackle finnish ... is that definitly an Ontario made 1988 guitar with a San Dimas neckplate ?

Comment

Working...
                                X