No announcement yet.

Serial Number Database Sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The black guitar is a mid-90's, Korean made PS4 Performer.
    The blue guitar is giving me trouble.
    Looks like a DX2 body with a swapped neck, but the trem and finish seem wrong.
    Also looks like a PS4 body with a swapped neck, but the trem seems wrong, too.

The number indicates either 1996 or '99ish, Japan. You could remove the neck and check the date and model stamps found inside.
    Or, you could start another thread in the import section.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• That's would be my understanding, but I can't say for sure if it's '88. Could be '87.
      Start a thread in the USA section and you'll get a more detailed explanation.
      Originally posted by Nik View Post
      ...so it's only a bout 5 years and a bit since the last entry here...but how about number 2941 on a Jackson Dinky with crackle finnish ... is that definitly an Ontario made 1988 guitar with a San Dimas neckplate ?
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Thanks @mudlark, I thought as much about the PS4, they seem pretty easy to pinpoint.

My friend tells me he is quite sure the blue one is called a DRX. I have had very little luck finding out much about them though, other than the Japan '96-'99 serial number theory. I'll check the neck markings today and see what I can turn up as well.

Does anyone know about the DRX?

Edit:
        Pics of body and neck stamps

Last edited by Sundragon; 09-24-2015, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• Thanks Mudlark...done :-)

Comment

• Hi all.
            Nice to join the Forum.
            Please meet my Charvel, serial 333737.

Please help me to identify the model. I checked audiozone and charvelusa, but i didn't find coincidence. The closest fit might be DK-085-SH, but this is Fort Worth guitar and it has 5 position switch, not 3 as DK-085-SH should have. Also tremolo seems doesn't match any model from the catalog at audiozone.

I'd also be grateful for any other information about my guitar history... probably someone play it between 1993 and 2009 ?

Some photos attached.
            [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• I'm no expert on Charvels, but I think that's an '88-'89 Model 3DR. That's a JT6 tremolo and it was made in Japan. Pretty sure that's the Fire Crackle finish.

audiozone has it listed with the specs:
              http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/char...rs.php#serials

If you start a thread in the Charvel Import section you'll find more knowledgeable Charvel people.

Comment

• Thank you for the information, Mudlark. I feel confused of missing 3DR in audiozone and charvelusa catalogs ). I thought it was model of 91-93 period.
                I'll also try with Charvel Import section, that's interesting.

Comment

• I recently got a Jackson-
                  Serial Number NHJ1114884
                  Jackson 2011 Dinky "Shuriken," made in India.

Just curious aside from the NHJ11, I know nothing aside from where the guitar was made and in what year-- what does the rest of the serial stand for?? Thanks-
                  -WM6S

Comment

• Originally posted by Whearsmy6string View Post
                    I recently got a Jackson-
                    Serial Number NHJ1114884
                    Jackson 2011 Dinky "Shuriken," made in India.

Just curious aside from the NHJ11, I know nothing aside from where the guitar was made and in what year-- what does the rest of the serial stand for?? Thanks-
                    -WM6S
                    well could mean alot of things.. most likely since the country of origin and date are know by the 1st part of the serial number.. latter part might be the # of production for the year..
                    GEAR:
                    #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
                    #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
                    #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
                    #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
                    #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
                    AMPS:
                    1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
                    ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

• I know of no one on this forum or elsewhere that has decoded those numbers. I could only offer useless guesses, sorry.

Comment

• Yeah, I'd guess number of units. Possibly might be a way to distinguish between models, too... but hard to say.

Comment

• Anyone know what Year this may be and location it was made?

I just purchased a Jackson Dinky DK2S for my son with a bolt on neck and serial number 9665754.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzT...p=docslist_api
                          Last edited by ceabbott2; 11-23-2015, 03:05 PM. Reason: Add link address

Comment

• 86? That would be a misprint.
                            9665xxx would be 2002ish...which is the first year the DK2S was offered.

If you remove the neck you'll find date/model stamps on the neck heel/neck pocket.

Comment

• Thank you Mudlark! You are correct, my eyes are failing me. My son has a couple of strats and a couple of acoustic guitars. He was wanting something with the seymour duncan pickups and so I saw this with the sustainiac and the floyd rose tremelo. Neither of us know how to set it up. Are there any videos you can recommend or should I just take it to the guitar center and have them do the first set up while we watch? Really happy about you IDing it for me. Any words of advice for use and care for this particular jackson? Sorry for the 1001 questions.

Thank you again,

Sincerely,

Charles Abbott
                              Last edited by ceabbott2; 11-23-2015, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• I'd recommend youtubing some Floyd Rose set up videos. Should be dozens if not hundreds on there. They came with a JT580LP licensed tremolo, but any Floyd set up video should work. I should mention I don't use a Floyd and know little about them.

Does it have Duncan Designed or Seymour Duncan pickups? Pre-2006 models came with Duncan Designed, which are the Asian made version of the USA Duncans. Real Duncans would indicate someone changed the originals.

Can't think of much for care except maybe keep the fret board from drying out. Lighter fluid works great for removing fingerprints and scum from the body.

Comment

Working...
                                X