No announcement yet.

Serial Number Database Sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, there are a few errors on that website I guess. I have a Jackson Dinky Standard as well. The Audiozone website says that those models didn't have fretboard inlays. Maybe some didn't. Mine, however, has pearl dot inlays. I know that the neck and body came together because they are both stamped DK-STD. I'm not knocking Audiozone as it is an excellent resource but it appears that it is not updated anymore and has lost some of its functionality. I appreciate your knowledge and willingness to share it Mudlark.

Comment

• Right! Another one.

Jackson Soloist Standard - Serial #J301310

Woods?
      Trem and pups?
      Year of manufacture?

Comment

• That's a 1993 Soloist Standard. Those models with the Grover Jackson logos were only released in the Japanese market, so there isn't a lot of info available to my knowledge.

The '93 catalogue says yellow poplar body, Schaller tremolo. Looks like a JT590 tremolo?
        The specs are listed here;

http://support.jacksonguitars.com/ca...ly_catalog.pdf
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Here’s my MIJ Rhoads Performer PS-3T, sn 9608761 (I transferred the "MADE IN JAPAN" sticker from the neck to the owners manual) . I bought it new in March 1998 from Musician’s Friend. Please excuse the tarnish and crud – I’ve not played it more than a handful of times over the past decade or so.

The only modifications have been replacing the plastic jack plate with a metal plate (the plastic did not last long due to playing position of the V when seated), and about 15 years or so ago I swapped the original Jackson humbuckers for an EMG 81/85 setup.

It appears Musician’s Friend must have had it in their possession for some time seeing as it was made in 1996. Is that a normal turnover from retail to consumer in the music world? Anything else interesting about its manufacture that can be gleaned from the sn or pictures?

1996 MIJ Rhoads Performer PS-3T
          Original Owner; EMG 81/85 added early 2000's
          2017 Soloist X SL3X

Comment

• I have bought js30rr for a 100€ at the internet second hand store. I´m wondering this eight digits serial NJHL080088**. There are no information of it. Guitar has dot inlays and 24 frets with CVR2 buckers. Think this is low end guitar, but i bought it for trying this body type of guitar. Anybody know any information from this serial?

Comment

• That's a 2008 made in India. The JS are the lower priced entry level models, but they aren't toys. I have a 2011 JS3 bass that I can't find one fault with and I've had it since new. The electronics are still quiet as a mouse.
              They had an MSRP of $450 USD in '08, so street price would've been $300 ballpark.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Thanks your reply Mudlark. That same price included Roland Cube15x so not bad total price 100€. Now i will overhaul the guitar and its been tear it down. Cleaning, chance parts and.... Hoppy theme!
                Last edited by amidi; 09-19-2017, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• Hi,
                  My serial number is

And head and marks give to left position

For images go to:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...mE4Tll4TlRIdzQ

Year and site?

Thanks.

Comment

• Looks like a '97 DR3 from Japan. The gold hardware must've been added by an owner.

Comment

• Jackson Fusion Pro 1992
                      Serial Number 924552
                      HSS
                      Blue Dragon Custom Finish

Comment

• Bought a guitar *advertised* as a 1995 Jackson Stealth, serial 502429, HSH, "Professional" on the headstock.

After doing some digging, I think it's more likely a TH1 - which would have made it at least a '96. One reason I think this is it has the 213/214 pickups and a Takeshi JT-580 bridge. I don't understand the advertised color codes for the '96 TH1 - but my guitar is a non-translucent, very dark purple. One option is "MV" - is that metallic violet? This doesn't look particularly metallic though.

Am a little confused by this one though as I thought a serial starting with 5 meant it was a 1995.

Where is the database available to view?

Comment

• Try here for the database: http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/jack...ries_1990-1995

Comment

• It's a '95 serial. It's common to see guitars made the year prior to the year of release. A late '95 serial on a model released early '96 isn't uncommon.

Comment

• Hello guys. I bought jackson rr1 serial u18675 and seller doesn’t information about guitar. I want to know year. How I can do it?

Comment

• march 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X