Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ruka View Post
    hi everyone
    I saw a guitar for sale: a Randy Rhoads serial 1101501.
    It's korean? It's a good guitar?

thanks in advance!
    Sorry for missing your post. I don't know why it is some posts get lost, but that's a 2011 Indian RRXT. They moved to Indonesia in 2012.
    Guitars need to be judged individually, so I can't speak of the quality of that particular guitar, but there are a lot of happy owners of that model.

Originally posted by Scott93 View Post
    I have a Jackson that's made in China. The serial is CWJ 1328674. I don't know what it is though, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Can't determine the model with a serial, but it's a 2013 number and I'd assume it's on a JS Series guitar.

A pic or description would be helpful. Strat shape? Archtop? Floyd Rose or Strat style tremolo? TOM bridge? Sharkfin or dot inlays?
    Number of pups?
    That may do it.
    Check out some JS22 DKA and JS32 DKA pics online in the meantime.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• "Can't determine the model with a serial, but it's a 2013 number and I'd assume it's on a JS Series guitar."

Sorry, I know it's a JS30 archtop...the seller called it a super strat. It has sharkfin inlay on the frets. No Floyd. Thanks for the info though. Knowing what year it is really helps.

Here's a link to it off of Reverb - https://reverb.com/item/4304294-jack...al-satin-black
      Last edited by Scott93; 04-14-2017, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• That's actually a JS22 DKA Dinky. The JS30 was a pre-2012 Indian/Japanese model with dot inlays, 22 frets, reverse headstock and a Floyd.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Thank you that makes a whole lot more sense.

Comment

• buenos dias, desde Argentina, me podrian decir la procedencia de una guitatrra Jackson jk-2 serie numero 9696039? muchas gracias

Comment

• Originally posted by MARCELOCLAUDIO View Post
              buenos dias, desde Argentina, me podrian decir la procedencia de una guitatrra Jackson jk-2 serie numero 9696039? muchas gracias
              JK-2? Kelly?
              A photo would be very helpful. You first need to post on photobucket, tinypic, imgur, imagebucket, etc. and then copy the link here.
              Or, a description.

body Shape? Strat, V, Explorer (Kelly), Rhoads, Warrior?
              # of frets, pickups, knobs, switches?
              small piranha, dot or full size shark fin inlays?
              reverse or standard headstock?
              'Professional' or 'Performer' logo on the headstock?
              tremolo or string thru body?

Comment

• hello, facebook link with fotos? it serves?

Last edited by MARCELOCLAUDIO; 05-07-2017, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• That may work.

Comment

• First of all, GENIUS thread idea. Already feeling sorry for taking so long to join this forum.

So, owner claims this is a "Early 90's Japanese Jackson Soloist". The serial number 9733942 kinda supports that claim (more of late 90's tho), but that headstock design?! I'm intrigued.

Would love some input from the J/C heads.

PS: white pickups are aftermarket.

Comment

• That's a Jackson DXMGT Dinky, made in the 2000s decade. A Dinky is a bolt-on superstrat. A Soloist is a neckthru superstrat.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=image...=jackson+dxmgt

Mudlark will be able to identify the serial number and country of manufacture, because he recently made me aware of Indian-made and Japanese-made DX models and now I'm gun-shy to identify every DX guitar as Japanese in origin as was my previous habit.

Comment

• I'm not seeing any pics, but that serial is 2004-5 and the DXMGT was a mid-2000's Japanese model. The date would be stamped in the pocket along with the model.

The DXMGT has always been referred to as a limited dealer run model from '04-5, but oddly I've seen one that was stamped 2006 in the pocket. Either they stuck around longer than originally believed, or the 2006 stamp was just another case of a stamping error.

Indian serials on those early X Series were 8 digits and date coded. 00xxxxxx-2000 etc. '01 was the last year for Indian X Series.

Comment

• Hey Mudlark. I have an interesting one for you. Dinky EX Professional. Serial # 9417594. Neck stamped DK-EX. Neck pocket stamped DK-EX and 3-1. My understanding is that Jackson only made this model in 1993 and that this should have a 6 digit serial number beginning with 3. What am I missing here? Everything checks out with the guitar. H-S-H, Dinky EX on the truss rod cover, black with the black pickguard.

Comment

• Doesn't surprise me. There were a number of serial formats used in the '90's. That one is similar to the '94 Concepts serial format.
                            I can't recall off the top of my head if I've seen that format on anything other than the Concepts before or not.

There's always the chance it was a misprint...7 digits instead of 6.

As for the '94 serial on a '93 model, the EX is in the '94-5 catalogue.

Comment

• Ok. Cool. I was researching on the audiozone website and it only shows this model for 1993. If it was produced after that, the serial number makes a little better sense. 1994 it is. Thanks.

Comment

• There's another error on Audiozone's Jackson model list regarding the Kelly XLR. It says 1990, but it was a mid '90's model.
                                They had a J0xxxxx stickered serial which may be the reason for the confusion...or, it's just a misprint.

Comment

Working...
                                X