No announcement yet.

The Official Charvel 750XL Information Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds legit to me. The trans-purple was a finish they offered, and it's not too common. IMO, you should buy it to keep & play. Not sure that you could flip it for a big profit unless they are asking a ridiculously low price for it. They're great guitars, but seeing how they're imports that were made in pretty large numbers, they really aren't collectors' items.

Comment

• they are supposed to be rare and not many were made. Seems like there are some people who collect the imports, they aren't going to be as valuable as the san dimas USA guitars but they do seem to slowly be going up in value all the time. Jeez look at the crazyness over old japanese 70s guitars, crappy les paul copies selling for $1000! So who knows I bet this guitar will be worth more in a few years.

It's a very pretty guitar, it is a real nice looking guitar, but I have 5 guitars as it is, it is just sort of too pretty for my ugly ass i can't see myself playing it.

Comment

• Floating_Seeds, what is the price they are asking?
        http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

• You should be able to buy it and flip it here in the classifieds without much trouble. I'd be interested if the price is right.

Comment

• yeh, it's very pretty. The neck is just very beautiful. It looks like it was a very expensive guitar, so now it's just $499, that is why I am obsessed because how can I pass that by.

Comment

• That's a damn good price. Grab it.

Comment

• I know, I won't have the money until next week, and it will leave me rather broke for most of november and I need a new cab too but I should probably have a little extra money come in november. If it is still there next week I will buy it but I will probably want to keep it lol even tho I can't really afford it right now.

Comment

• Damn. That is a good price. I'll send you the money to buy it. :P

Comment

• Well I am thinking if I don't buy it, if you send me a PM I can give you the number to the store. I am sure they will ship it worldwide, and are a reputable music business so you would be better to go straight to them. Probably it is so low because of the recession we are in and they are not doing too well like everyone else, it was marked at $1050 but that is their Suggested retail they always do that and then mark it off by half so you think wow i gots me a good deal but, they are ok but I am not as friendly with them as I used to be.

as far as I see it is in very good condition but has a chip on one of the horns, I didn't notice any scratches really. Anyways they'd hit you up with photos. If you are in atlanta you could just take a drive over there and check it out.

Comment

• Well it's gone, don't care. I was going down to buy it but they had sold it. I'm done with that store anyways.

What really pissed me off is I've been a customer for 10 years with them, and just seen the store go downhill. My last few dealings with them just showed me they dont care anymore about the players it's just the sales. They always like we treat our people right.. yeah right. When they refused to let me put a deposit on it was the last straw and the reason I didn't buy it. I had done tons of lay aways with them before, but now they don't do it? Is that how you treat a loyal customer after 10 years of business? Fuck them, I won't go back there again. I used to be friendly with the owners back when they cared about the customers but they are never there now and they hired some real idiots to work the place. They're just fucking idiots if I saw them on the street I would probably run them over.

Comment

• Originally posted by DonP View Post
                        Yeah, that's what duke808 said 2 months ago and he's never been seen since:ROTF:
                        BOO

things been hectic but i'm toying with the idea of selling my pearl blue 750xl

i want an N4 but don't really want to part with it and not sure of the price to sell it

Comment

• Originally posted by duke808 View Post
                          BOO

things been hectic but i'm toying with the idea of selling my pearl blue 750xl

i want an N4 but don't really want to part with it and not sure of the price to sell it
                          I'll buy it!

I want, nay, NEED at least one of these great guitars!

Seriously though, very interested. Finding these from the UK is impossible!
                          How often do 750XL's pop up? Ebay and on here in the classifieds? Like, 2 per year?

Comment

• Yeah, about 2 a year or so. This year has been bad, I recall like, 1 on ebay uk, which was silver sparkle. There was maybe three last year, one of which I bought after a tip off here.

There are sometimes ones you can negotiate shipping on, overseas, especially the usa.

Comment

• I wonder how many were actually produced in that 1 production year.. Any educated guesses?

I've found one, it's green sparkle. A bit nasty looking really! Is that a rare sounding colour? You'd be able to find it with very little effort, so not really a secret find by any means.

How do you guys go about finding them in the states? Are there other sources other than ebay that you use? I've heard of craigslist, but that's a bit hit and miss searching wise. Any hints?

Comment

• There have been a few green metallic ones. Budman has one & I've seen a few others. Hard to say how rare any particular color was, since there aren't a ton of them around. I think the blue (or dark purple) trans finish may be the rarest. One piece of advice I'd give you is to try to get one in a transparent finish. Several of the solid color 750s have turned out to be basswood rather than mahogany. Not sure if they are all basswood, but the trend hasn't been good.

Comment

Working...
                                X