Desolation Revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scooter View Post
    I was a bit miffed, and asked the dude beind the counter what the story was, he said it was new, on consignment, and the owner wouldn't budge on the price, (he wanted to make money on it.)
    I'm kind of surprised the store even it accepted it for consignment at that price. It's taking up valuable real estate at that store, and it'll never sell.

Comment

• bumping this with new info. Just watch the video from 20:40

http://youtu.be/p75oiRMpmJc

Comment

• Originally posted by iivari View Post
        bumping this with new info. Just watch the video from 20:40

http://youtu.be/p75oirmpmjc
        cool!!!
        Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

• Ah ha! Serial format CJC11xxxxx
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• These Andertons videos did absolutely nothing to reduce my GAS for a DC-2 ST
            Sounded absolutely awesome in these videos and the price is crazy!

Can someone tell me if what this man states here (14:55) is true:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbRw...ailpage#t=895s

He's saying that the neck son the Desolation series have rolled finger board edges, I know my Pro Mod has a rolled finger board but do these Desolation series come rolled as well?
            Last edited by elrrek; 07-23-2012, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by elrrek View Post
              These Andertons videos did absolutely nothing to reduce my GAS for a DC-2 ST
              Sounded absolutely awesome in these videos and the price is crazy!

Can someone tell me if what this man states here (14:55) is true:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbRw...ailpage#t=895s

He's saying that the neck son the Desolation series have rolled finger board edges, I know my Pro Mod has a rolled finger board but do these Desolation series come rolled as well?
              They do. I have the DC-2 ST in trans black and I have to say, it does have an amazing neck. My wife got it for my birthday back in March and it is nice. Mine has the Charvel active pickups and they sound really good, actually better to me than the EMG 81TW and 89R I had in one of my Jacksons..
              1996 Jackson PS-4 Performer - Trans Green flame
              1997 Jackson DX1 Professional - Black
              2001 Jackson DX10DFS - Trans Red - Soon to be Bubinga Burl!
              2006 Jackson DK2M - Inferno Red
              2007 Jackson DXMG - Black
              2011 Charvel Desolation DC-2 - Trans Black
              1978 Fender 12 String Acoustic
              2004 Alverez Acoustic/Electric
              2011 Fender 4 string Jazz Bass
              1995 Ibanez 4 string ??? Bass

Comment

• Originally posted by silar View Post
                They do. I have the DC-2 ST in trans black and I have to say, it does have an amazing neck. My wife got it for my birthday back in March and it is nice. Mine has the Charvel active pickups and they sound really good, actually better to me than the EMG 81TW and 89R I had in one of my Jacksons..
                Thanks Silar, much appreciated.
                I was in my local shop last night and apparently the Charvel rep will be in town in 1 or 2 weeks and a little less than a month after that there will be 5 or 6 new Charvels on the wall, at least one of which should be a DC-2 ST.
                I can see my GAS being alleviated for a week or 2 after that :P

Comment

• Originally posted by Tricky View Post
                  Looks like they have gone full circle.

Originally there was USA Charvel, then Japan Models, then Korean Charvette.
                  Here we go again. USA, then Japan, and China.

Superstrats, then LS/DC, and Surfcaster/Skatecaster.
                  Charvette was MIJ too.
                  I want a guitar made of ALL abalone. That would be badass. All shellfish should die for my shreddage delight.

Guitar Guy 22345762.9 is Jarek...like from Subway.

Comment

• Just ordered a DS-2 ST from Musician's Friend...can't wait. Got it for $299.99.

Comment

• And in a related story....... I just got one off ebay in blue for cheap. Cant wait to get it. On a side note, Ive read that the pickups are not wired in an emg friendly manner. I was hoping that i could just plug and play with a few pickups Ive got lying around. But its ok as Ive heard that the charvel ones sound decent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                        And in a related story....... I just got one off ebay in blue for cheap. Cant wait to get it. On a side note, Ive read that the pickups are not wired in an emg friendly manner. I was hoping that i could just plug and play with a few pickups Ive got lying around. But its ok as Ive heard that the charvel ones sound decent.
                        Even on my EMG model, the only EMG components are the pickups. They're all direct wired in the cavity, so I imagine on a non-EMG equipped model, you'd need to direct solder emg connectors.
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                          Even on my EMG model, the only EMG components are the pickups. They're all direct wired in the cavity, so I imagine on a non-EMG equipped model, you'd need to direct solder emg connectors.
                          Yeah, I thought it might just be a matter of sliding off the connector from one pickup to the other. I wonder if the charvel pickups use the same value pots as emg equipped models. I guess I will find out in a few days.

Comment

• Yes, they use 25K ohm pots, and yes, there is the quick connect system standard in all of them. So yes, you can alternate what place and model EMG you use.
                            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                            Gotta get away from here.
                            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

• Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                              Yes, they use 25K ohm pots, and yes, there is the quick connect system standard in all of them. So yes, you can alternate what place and model EMG you use.
                              Are you talking about the charvel brand actives? I had read that they were not wired like emgs. Im sure the emg equipped models are a quick swap. I was referring to putting emgs in the "2" model that comes with the charvel brand actives.

Comment

Working...
                              X