No announcement yet.

Desolation Revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think they should go after that market. Fender is trying to get that J/C name back out there with lines like this and x series that have great specs good quality control and affordable price points.

Just to much money in that low to mid range budget guitars to look over. Like others said. Not alot of teenagers and adults can drop 1500+ on a guitar.

Are these good well that depends on how you look at, price vs guitar. I personally think that has little effect now days on deciding if its a good guitar or crap.

With a little setup knowledge and such these are amazing.

I just say try them with an open mind. You will be amazed how, many gooooooooood guitars are out there without a, name brand on headstock.

Then again you can find alot of wasted wood too. Lol

Comment

• Found a local dealer who has a few on the wall.
      Gave the singlecut w/o floyd a try and was pleasantly surprised.
      It was finished very clean and I liked the neck feel. Pickups weren't my thing, but that's an easy swap. Hardware seemed fine.

Now, all that being said, I wouldn't buy one. Nothing wrong with it, but, I have better stuff and don't need it.
      I was surprised that the desolation neck felt close to my CS Morton. Considering the price differential, I would have liked it to feel less "nice".
      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

• These guitars are getting killer reviews. Maybe its worth rolling the dice on. Found a 15% of coupon on the Friend makes a DC-2 ST in Blue $339.99 shipped.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryman65 View Post
          These guitars are getting killer reviews.
          I hope you don't mean the paid press with that, they'd call anything a 'good buy' as long as the money is good, even if it blows up during their testing
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
            even if it blows up during their testing
            Now that would be a great youtube clip!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• I am really digging the single cut in trans smear blue I will be getting one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Corpsegrinder88 View Post
                I think they should go after that market. Fender is trying to get that J/C name back out there with lines like this and x series that have great specs good quality control and affordable price points.

Just to much money in that low to mid range budget guitars to look over. Like others said. Not alot of teenagers and adults can drop 1500+ on a guitar.

Are these good well that depends on how you look at, price vs guitar. I personally think that has little effect now days on deciding if its a good guitar or crap.

With a little setup knowledge and such these are amazing.

I just say try them with an open mind. You will be amazed how, many gooooooooood guitars are out there without a, name brand on headstock.

Then again you can find alot of wasted wood too. Lol
                Beautiful guitar... when I saw the pics my first thought was, "That looks like Arkansas" then I looked at your location and that is where it is... I grew up there. What part are you from?... reminds me of Greenbrier... or the Conway area.

Comment

• Yeah. Near little rock actually. What part were you from?

Comment

• I just received a DC-2 ST from Musicians Friend in Blue Smear and this guitar is way better than a $400 guitar should be. This is not my usual type of guitar (Jackson PC-1, Charvel So-Cal, Fender EJ Strat, EVH Wolfgang, Gibson Les Paul Standard etc) but I rolled the dice on this one so I could talk about it and so far, glad I did.

Comment

Yeah. Near little rock actually. What part were you from?
                      I was born and raised in NLR... went to North Pulaski High School. Lived right next to Camp Robinson in the Gravel Ridge area. Bought my Charvel in 88' at Jackson's Music Center in West Little Rock. How about you... where are you at exactly? I haven't been there in 10 years.

Comment

• Got a blue smear DS-1 and its a great guitar so far.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

• @Straycat, Congratz!!! Your post made me had a look at the Charvel web site and I had forgot about the soloist models! They look cool!!!
                          JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

• I don't get all the China hate, their cheap and productive labor force has allowed Americans and the rest of the world's consumers to enjoy low cost goods for the past 20 years, and the free market long ago ended the debate on demand for their products.

I've played these Desolation models at the guitar shops here in HK, and they're actually pretty decent quality. Heck, if they weren't labelled or if Mike McGregor didnt say so, I'll bet no one would've guessed they were MIC.

FMIC did this because they're in business to make money and they see demand for value-priced Charvels, and I'll bet the market agrees and they're commercially successful.

Any takers?

Comment

I never speak highly or well of anything chinese except the women.
                              What about the men? I'm feeling pretty hurt by that

Comment

• Originally posted by BYeh1 View Post
                                I don't get all the China hate, their cheap and productive labor force has allowed Americans and the rest of the world's consumers to enjoy low cost goods for the past 20 years, and the free market long ago ended the debate on demand for their products.

I've played these Desolation models at the guitar shops here in HK, and they're actually pretty decent quality. Heck, if they weren't labelled or if Mike McGregor didnt say so, I'll bet no one would've guessed they were MIC.

FMIC did this because they're in business to make money and they see demand for value-priced Charvels, and I'll bet the market agrees and they're commercially successful.

Any takers?
                                I'm with you man. The only USA made guitar I own is a Gibson LP Studio, simply because USA made guitars cost a LOT more in the UK than they do in the USA. I'm more than happy with my MIK, MIJ and now MIC guitars.
                                http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X