Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desolation Revealed

Let the talk about the new geetars begin

I personally like the double cutaway with FR. Very cool designs .... far cry from what Charvel is known for but still, very cool
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

I like the skatecaster alot. Especially the flat gray.

I'm not a fan of the abalone, the ones with MOP inlays are pretty cool

Still wish they would bring back the style 2
    Last edited by bertmacklin; 08-01-2011, 05:20 PM.

Comment

I like the Singlecuts they got. Looks good to me.

Comment

hmmm, interesting. they sure are covering the price spectrum. all-in-all, i think those might do rather well! personally, i wouldn't mind getting a hold of a skatecaster with a floyd...
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Very interesting !

My only gripes are the over-abuse of binding around the body (à la ESP/LTD Deluxe) and EMG active PUs on the FR models. But I bet some will be very happy with these new models.

The DC-1 FR model is growing on me and makes a very nice alternative to a Wolfgang/Axis...

Good job Charvel!
          JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

They are both fugly

Comment

Not impressed. Was hoping for more of what Charvel is known for, instead I got a bunch of "other company" copies. Also, why did the price on the pro mods go up? They move production to Japan and the price goes up? I could get the San Dimas all day long for 899 to 999 just a couple years ago it seemed. Bad moves Fender. I hope this doesn't mean the "Charvel Experiment" by Fender music is over and we are going to see the brand head in a direction contrary to what it has been doing the last few years. I was actually liking the new Charvel stuff till now. I say all that as a hard to please, dyed in the wool, oldschool Jackson/Charvel guy. I have been playing Charvels and Jacksons for 25 years. My first guitar was a Charvel model 2. I still have all my Charvels and Jacksons. I have never sold one. So its not like I am just some young punk with no respect for the brand. I criticize because I care.
              Last edited by sonikk71; 08-01-2011, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Guy... quick note... the price we are quoting on the webite are MSRP Only. Pro-Mods have not gone up!

Comment

It's interesting they have neck through, set neck, and bolt-on configurations of basically the same guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Bionic View Post
                    Guy... quick note... the price we are quoting on the webite are MSRP Only. Pro-Mods have not gone up!
                    Ahh ok thanks...I stand by my comments on the new line though. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Bionic View Post
                      Where are they made Bionic?
                      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

The double cutaway and Skatecaster don't look like copies of anything to me, and their singlecut is neckthrough with 24 frets, compound radius fretboard, floyd or fixed bridge. A hotrodded LP. They're still making the promods and will probably keep up with wildcards, so I don't see a whole lot to complain about. I'm definitely going to try out the new models first chance I get. The ones with the features I'm interested in are a little heavy on the bling for me, but I'll have to see in person. I'm willing to bet that these things are going to be very good players, regardless.

Comment

Do not want.

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                            Where are they made Bionic?
                            I know I am not Bionic but here is a quote from the website...

"Introducing the Charvel® “Pro Mods.” Modified for higher performance, these guitars are carefully crafted in Japan and offer extreme fit, finish and playability at a stunning value."

Comment

These Desolation guitars were designed in the Custom Shop here in Corona CA... and they are made in China. There are USA versions coming out of the Custom Shop. By the way, I have the original single cuttaway proto that Mike Shannon built... it's AMAZING. When you touch or play these guitars, you will know that we spent our time making it right. I have been working on making sure these play like Charvels. The necks are what you would expect...and guess what... now we can attract players looking for set necks and neck thru...single cuttaway etc... too many people asked me.. "wow I love this neck...when are you going to make guitars with other shapes?".

We didn't do away with anything that was Charvel... we simply added more shapes and expanded the line. Keep that in mind!

Comment

Working...
                              X