No announcement yet.

Desolation Revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude, made in china?! What the fuck!! I've gotta say they're awesome as though. Great to see new design entering into the brand! I know these things will fly off the walls in most shops aslong as you push to get them hanging. The name on the headstock really doesn't look good though. But I'll wait and see what this Jackson X thing is all about. It's a complete swap around with the original jackson naming for the crazy shaped guitars v solid charvel line up. Now the crazy chinese shit gets the less stable brand name :P

Abalone is fucking hideous. I'd rather ducttape inlays and binding. Which gives me a great idea...

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
      Why is the Snakeskin DeMartini not present with the other Warren guitars on the new site
      :think:

Yeah, it's suspiciously absent...

Comment

I`ll tell you what else is missing... That cool L.A Rock n Roll Hot Rod style attitude that Charvel was famous for.

Now we just have a bunch of ugly half cousin of Schecter/LTD wannabes made in China.. Sorry Guys, rant over.. but I feel so much better after that.
        www.vendetta-theband.com
        www.atomhawk.com

Comment

CharSchecter?

CharESP?

PRSvel?

Did you really have to copy them?

Comment

Originally posted by Venomboy View Post
            CharSchecter?

CharESP?

PRSvel?

Did you really have to copy them?
            Turnabout is fair play.

Comment

Communist Charvels = pure blasphemy
              Last edited by Predator1; 08-02-2011, 08:05 PM.

Comment

I know that Charvel will counter with the quality, construction and materials argument but that isn't the point. It is robbery to offer a guitar made in China for that much money.

Comment

Originally posted by JediHalen View Post
                  I`ll tell you what else is missing... That cool L.A Rock n Roll Hot Rod style attitude that Charvel was famous for.
                  But therein lies the problem. The LA thing is very much dated.
                  So much so that it's only worth parody nowadays (Steel Panther).

You can't sell a guitar on a joke.

These will sell, but, damn I wish they had gone Korean....
                  Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Very good point Flatpicker. The Charvels that we all know and love are very much a niche guitar. Can't fault them for coming up with some new-ish designs to keep themselves viable in today's market.
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

No short Scale or 25" scale was a bit of a letdown. But that DC FR does look nice. I am peaked. Now to play one.
                      An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
                      A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                        Turnabout is fair play.
                        Agree. They ran away un abated with Charvel and Jackson designs. I don't hold it against Schecter though. They At least worked with Wayne and Grover back in the day to cover backorders and finishes back and forth.
                        An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
                        A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                          You should probably ask the Jackson rep about that. Bionic is the Charvel guy.

I dig them as well. I've wanted a Floyded LP shape for a while as well, when Brad K. bought a Gitano, I had to have one as well. Now I'm going to try and set my sights on one of these. ($ is what prevented me from buying an actual LP)

Is there a Jackson rep on this board?
                          2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                          Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

I immediately, based on the price, thought they were Japanese made...just like the newer pro-mods. This is interesting...and I, unlike a lot of folks here, like the new guitars. I'm a Charvel guy...always have been, and it's exciting to see them do something different...even if it does go against their mold. Hell...if it will give them a sales edge against (yucckkkk) Schecter...I'm all for it. But goodammit...why China? I, like some others have said, would have a hard time buying Chinese-made...in spite (or despite) the higher price.

Guess I'll hold onto my 3 USA Pro-Mods...and if/when they do a USA custom shop on one of these....maybe I'll think about it. Regardless...I do hope Charvel does well with these. The problem is...kids (newer players) don't typically care where a guitar is made...but those same kids aren't spending a grand on a guitar. So while the lower priced models could do well...I have a hard time believing (despite the quality and playability) that the just under $1K models will do all that well...because the guys spending that kind of money are usually a little more conscious of the guitars country of origin. Just my opinion, of course.
                            Todd M

Comment

Ok so this got me to thinking.
                              Schecter employs people in the USA to set up and QC the imports.

Suhr has had to hire more people in the US to accommodate their Rasmus line to set up and QC.

Will FMIC use the move to MIC models to increase the amount of US hires?
                              If so, I suppose it offsets the loss of these potential jobs.
                              Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Have the Made in China comments been confirmed? If so, does FMIC own the plant in China or is it a cookie cutter plant that produces for several different manufactures?

Comment

Working...
                                X