Desolation Revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TKEblue View Post
    I don't get the hair metal references. I wouldn't call jake e lee or warren demartini hair metal players.
    They DEFINED hair metal. They were among the forefathers.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
      I never understood where the word "metal" comes in. 90% of the "hair" bands from that time were really not METAL.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        I never understood where the word "metal" comes in. 90% of the "hair" bands from that time were really not METAL.
        What are you talking about? This is the apotheosis of Metal:

It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
        ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          They played JACKSONS, duh!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
            I don't know about Jake, he did have that earring and some poofy hair, but he was no match for Robbin and Warren back in the day...

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
              I think a Chinese plant can do great work. Everyone used to think the same about Japan, now look at them. When Grover went over there in '86 to start the overseas Charvel "Model" line, he made certain the plant operated his way. I would believe that Charvel would do the same today and make sure things go right.
              Hell yes, man. I remember in the 80's there were "Jap guitars" and they weren't too great, not as good as the old US of A guitars, and then all the sudden, after a few years, they were often better, for cheaper. For example... Charvel model series guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                I have no doubt that Chinese workers can be trained to produce great guitars if the materials are good. This same argument goes all the way back to Japan, then Korea. The problem I have is that China isn't a free country, they use unfair trade and currency practices, do nothing to protect their environment from industrial waste, and they have a booming counterfeit merch industry that learns secrets from and feeds off of the legit enterprises.
                That all plus the idea that any moneys that go to a Chinese Business ultimately help boost their military. (Same with any country if you think about it. taxes go to defense.)
                I just don't want to give money to a country to help them place a bullet in my ass in the future.
                Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I think you'll find the chinese aren't anywhere near as paranoid and insecure as you.

I've had a couple of friends with chinese backgrounds and they were awesome mates, and had many traits I hugely respected. China itself is an amazing unknown to most of us westerners, name more then two cities?

I'm not stoked about the 'made in china' thing and it'll be the only thing holding me back from one or two of these I rekon. I have to see the proper, charvel quality if I'm gonna grab one.

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
                    name more then two cities?
                    Well, Beijing, Hong Kong, and uh, er, Guangdong? There. that's 3.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

This blows. Where are the Stars and Dinky body shapes? I can understand wanting to deviate from the Strat-style but another Les Paul look-a-like just sucks. They look like Schecters. I don't want a Charvel copy of a Schecter copy of a Gibson, I want a Charvel that's really a "Charvel." So what if Charvel is referred to as the "80's guitar?" They were what put Charvel on the map. These new imported models do nothing for me. If I was in the interest group for a guitar like this I would buy a Schecter or an ESP. Stick to your guns, Charvel.
                      Ratt & Roll

Comment

Originally posted by JediHalen View Post
                        I`ll tell you what else is missing... That cool L.A Rock n Roll Hot Rod style attitude that Charvel was famous for.

Now we just have a bunch of ugly half cousin of Schecter/LTD wannabes made in China.. Sorry Guys, rant over.. but I feel so much better after that.
                        I'm glad someone said it!!!
                        Ratt & Roll

Comment

I wish they would have released the USA CS versions first. Honestly I would thought it was cool to have a USA made LP style guitar with a Floyd and nice flame top for half of what Gibson is asking. I also always liked the Surfcaster and thought they should have some USA limited runs. (But not liking the double cut model). So starting with USA models would have made a good positive splash, and then they could have introduced the overseas versions at lower prices. But starting with China makes we worried that the Brand is going to be associated with cheap imports.

Comment

The single cut is OK not all that bad.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Though I would've liked to black hardware and maybe a maple fretboard on some
                              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                                I don't know about Jake, he did have that earring and some poofy hair, but he was no match for Robbin and Warren back in the day...
                                Jake was actually in an early version of Ratt, though!
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X