Desolation Revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like they have gone full circle.

Originally there was USA Charvel, then Japan Models, then Korean Charvette.
    Here we go again. USA, then Japan, and China.

Superstrats, then LS/DC, and Surfcaster/Skatecaster.
    Models
    The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
    I dont need furniture.
    If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
    If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
    And rock that sucker.

Comment

Meh.......
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post

2.5. That said, they look more Schecter than anything else (besides the Skatecaster).
        I was thinking Fernadez myself as far as the Skatecaster goes. http://www.fernandesguitars.com/prod...s/vertigo.html
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I dig 'em. Remember, some people got into Charvel in the later Japanese years, models like the 650, the 750 (duh!), and 475. These new releases are more along those lines. I wanted a Floyded Les Paul for so long, broke down and dropped some serious coin on a Gibson LP Axcess. Now these come out with a Charvel logo, for under a G, dayum!
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

$929 for a chinese made guitar? Really? Interesting.

Comment

I am 20 and I am pissed about the Made in China Part, so not all of us youngn's don't care lol.

I mean why not just Korean or even Mexican built ones? Seriously. I like the single cut. Looks like the Pro mods is what I will stick with...I do not mind a Japanese guitar at all, as they know how to build an instrument. But China....disappoint...

Comment

Originally posted by Bionic View Post
                These Desolation guitars were designed in the Custom Shop here in Corona CA... and they are made in China. There are USA versions coming out of the Custom Shop. By the way, I have the original single cuttaway proto that Mike Shannon built... it's AMAZING. When you touch or play these guitars, you will know that we spent our time making it right. I have been working on making sure these play like Charvels. The necks are what you would expect...and guess what... now we can attract players looking for set necks and neck thru...single cuttaway etc... too many people asked me.. "wow I love this neck...when are you going to make guitars with other shapes?".

We didn't do away with anything that was Charvel... we simply added more shapes and expanded the line. Keep that in mind!
                Where will the new Broderick and the new X series models be built?

Comment

The blinged sc looks like a schecter hellraiser solo 6 and the unblinged looks like a prs tremonti se. Imo both look good and are nice guitars. The problem I see is that they will cost more then either, while being made in china. Im not sure where the schecters or prs' are built tho.
                  I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Originally posted by TKEblue View Post
                    The blinged sc looks like a schecter hellraiser solo 6 and the unblinged looks like a prs tremonti se. Imo both look good and are nice guitars. The problem I see is that they will cost more then either, while being made in china. Im not sure where the schecters or prs' are built tho.
                    PRS SE's and most higher end import Schecters are built in Korea.

Comment

Personally, I don't care about the Made in China thing. Until it's well built and QC is well done. I really like the new shapes (To me, the singlecut is way better designed than the PC Supreme!!!). I was looking for a PRS SE model at the moment (it bothered me because of my loyalty to J/C!), and I think that one of these Charvel will make it's own way to my home. Even my wife said that the blue singlecut is nice, while she usually thinks "Sh*t!, An other guitar!" and argue with me about the waste of space!
                      My only and very small concern is that all the "high end" models come equipped with active pickups. But at this price point, if the guitar is fine, the pickups are not such a problem.
                      What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"? I talk to him every day.

Comment

I had a boner when i saw the new line and then i read this:

Originally posted by Bionic View Post
                        and they are made in China.
                        Having said that, they do look pretty solid. The DS-1 FR looks especially tasty and i like the multi-ply binding, it doesn't look cheap.

EDIT: Tough crowd, first they complain that J/C need to expand their line and get more models and then when they launch a completely new line they complain that there aren't enough Pro Mods. :think:
                        Last edited by Devotee; 08-02-2011, 02:38 AM.
                        It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                        ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Animus View Post
                          So.....Broderick Soloists....where are they? What's going on?

;-)
                          You should probably ask the Jackson rep about that. Bionic is the Charvel guy.

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                          I dig 'em. Remember, some people got into Charvel in the later Japanese years, models like the 650, the 750 (duh!), and 475. These new releases are more along those lines. I wanted a Floyded Les Paul for so long, broke down and dropped some serious coin on a Gibson LP Axcess. Now these come out with a Charvel logo, for under a G, dayum!
                          I dig them as well. I've wanted a Floyded LP shape for a while as well, when Brad K. bought a Gitano, I had to have one as well. Now I'm going to try and set my sights on one of these. ($ is what prevented me from buying an actual LP)
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                            2. These guitars look more Jackson than Charvel
                            I agree with you here... 24 frets on Charvels just doesn't sit that well with me. I was a little disappointed in 2002 when they released the modified/stripped Collens with Charvel logos. But again, I do like what I see.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

I`m old school Charvel... and this is all wrong. Just looks like knock off LTDS. If they get rid of the Wild Cards, that`ll be the final nail in the coffin for me.

Reminds me of the Surfcaster Period in the 90s ...FFFUUUUGGGLYYY
                              www.vendetta-theband.com
                              www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Not only are they fugly and all wrong, now I hear they are Made In China:think:

Comment

Working...
                                X