No announcement yet.

Desolation Revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is the Snakeskin DeMartini not present with the other Warren guitars on the new site

Comment

I like the finishes on these, especially the blue smear or whatever it's called. Not a fan of the shapes, but I hope they do well for the company.
      Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
      www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

VERY nice.....me want!!! C'mon Santa!!!

Comment

Interesting. The DC-1 reminds me a little of the old Jackson Infinity.

The Skatecaster reminds me of reverse Mark Mark Morton model.

All the gawdy abalone reminds me of ESP, though.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Glad to see ya thinking outside of the box to get some of the new players into charvels. Should get a part of the market that schecter and ltds have had for years.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
              Skatecaster don't look like copies of anything to me,
              Skatecaster sure looks like a '97 Jackson Outcaster to me.

Originally posted by Bionic View Post
              These Desolation guitars are made in China.
              WHAT? SERIOUSLY? THAT'S BULLSHIT, MAN!!
              I always wondered if the day would ever come
              Fuck Chinese products!

No fucking way!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Where does this leave Jackson in the FMIC product line?

And

Does this signal the end of the agreement about bodyshapes with GMI?
                Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

absolutely horrible . there is nothing good about any of those models. fail charvel

Comment

I like the single cut design minus the overkill binding (reminds me too much of Schecter). But Made in China?!? Sorry, count me out.

I'll stick to the Pro Mods. Hopefully this doesn't delay the next wild card much.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------
                    Jackson Custom Shop Snowblind Soloist
                    Ibanez RG-PR1
                    Ibanez JCRG21A
                    EBMM JP7
                    Fender USA Tele ('92)

Comment

I like the designs the more I look at them.

But in all honesty, I can't or won't buy MIC.
                      Wish it had been MIK or even MIM.
                      Can't do it in good conscience. Sorry.

ESP with a US Recession and plenty of other countries that could have supported the production.
                      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

1. I'm truly happy to see the company taking steps to get out of the 80s hair metal metal niche. So kudos for that.
                        2. These guitars look more Jackson than Charvel
                        2.5. That said, they look more Schecter than anything else (besides the Skatecaster).
                        3. I'm with Ron on the China thing. That blows. Hard.

I'm admittedly not your target customer on these, but I truly wish the brand well.

sully
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I'm intrigued by the skatecaster. I want to see one at the very least. So, since they are doing a Gibson production shape will the Custom Shop now do Gibson shapes?
                          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bionic View Post
                            These Desolation guitars were designed in the Custom Shop here in Corona CA... and they are made in China. There are USA versions coming out of the Custom Shop. By the way, I have the original single cuttaway proto that Mike Shannon built... it's AMAZING. When you touch or play these guitars, you will know that we spent our time making it right. I have been working on making sure these play like Charvels. The necks are what you would expect...and guess what... now we can attract players looking for set necks and neck thru...single cuttaway etc... too many people asked me.. "wow I love this neck...when are you going to make guitars with other shapes?".

We didn't do away with anything that was Charvel... we simply added more shapes and expanded the line. Keep that in mind!

So.....Broderick Soloists....where are they? What's going on?

;-)
                            2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                            Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

remind me of some of the GKG stuff

the Infinity sucked and had a neck so narrow a 5 year old would be the only one comfortable on it lol
                              Haters gonna hate
                              Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Yeah, the made in China thing blows as mentioned, but I'm thinking that a lot of younger players won't care or even look to see where it's made. And I'm assuming that these are being made to draw in the younger crowd. I can't see a lot of us "more seasoned" players getting these, but you never know.
                                Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                                www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Working...
                                X